Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Mar 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1246819)   #1
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bill Riley Announement Soon...

dailysportscar.com is reporting that Bill Riley will be making an announcement soon, most likely at Sebring next week. the suggestion by the location is that this is an ACO-regs project announcement and not something related to GARRA...

is Riley seeing the explosion of LMP2 as the perfect opportunity for his return to ACO competition? or is he going to make a new 2004-regs version LMP1 to give the current LMP1 runners (read Dyson) another choice than just Lola or Courage (and possibly Dome) for 2006? can't wait to see what this is about!!!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1246832)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
... can't wait !

... and Scott Atherton who announced lately that "if you'd know what I know, you wouldn't be concerned for the future of ALMS"...

Crikey !
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1246839)   #3
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe he's said before that if someone came to him with the money he'd do an LMP project.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1246840)   #4
Brian W Keske
Racer

Brian W Keske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting indeed.

I'm betting an LMP2, but an LMP1 would be incredible if it happened.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1246859)   #5
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W Keske
Very interesting indeed.

I'm betting an LMP2, but an LMP1 would be incredible if it happened.
both would make sense to me... we'll see soon enough!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1246874)   #6
Brian W Keske
Racer

Brian W Keske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better yet.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1247090)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Can't wait....
Old 9 Mar 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1247262)   #8
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Doctor Don was fishing around for something to put an Elan in, maybe he found it with Riley?

Oh my, do I hope that is the news!

robert

Last edited by skycafe; 9 Mar 2005 at 00:20.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 01:41 (Ref:1247295)   #9
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, you know he isnt hurting in the money department...already having sold 16 of his DPs...
Old 9 Mar 2005, 02:16 (Ref:1247305)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't you come Home Bill Riley...

Won't You Come Home!!!!!

To where where the "Real" Sportscars Roam!!!!

Sorry....But I can't wait to here whatever news it will be....

Bill and Bob Riley are the most prolific and prominent sportscar prototype builders in America....

and one major prize has yet to become theirs....

A win at Le Mans....

I don't care whether it is an LMP1 or an LMP2....

I'll be thrilled if the Rileys are back where they belong!!!

In the ALMS!!!!!

Of course, they will continue to build their DPs....and win races....

But I want them to get that one big win that has eluded them in the sportscar world....

and as a guy who lives in the town where they build their cars, I couldn't be happier to hear that they may announce a return sometime soon

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Mar 2005, 02:21 (Ref:1247309)   #11
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Gee Tim, go knock on their door and get the news sooner for us!!!! :-)

If Riley comes back, I wonder if the 'wizard of composites' here in the US would also attempt an LMP1, or even LMP2, again; Max Crawford? Seems like they have some unfinished business in this arena too, and are not hurting when it comes to in-house design and construction talent also.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1247466)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
Doctor Don was fishing around for something to put an Elan in, maybe he found it with Riley?
AFAIK he found it with Courage. The next Courage LMP1 will have an Elan engine.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1247471)   #13
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
AFAIK he found it with Courage. The next Courage LMP1 will have an Elan engine.
is that confirmed though... as of last news they were actively pursuing a potential partnership for the future which sounds much less than definite to me.

i'm being led to believe this is tied in some way to Dyson's LMP1 efforts in 2006, but we'll have to wait and see
Old 13 Mar 2005, 03:30 (Ref:1250576)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!

It would be magic to see Riley back again . Hopefully with a full blown LMP-1 . But they will have their job cut out for them with Audi and possibly Porsche building an LMP-1 as well . My favourite car ever , R&S Mk3C !!!

Last edited by The Badger; 13 Mar 2005 at 03:31.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 07:13 (Ref:1250607)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect this will be the news which will take the ALMS to another level in 2006 and beyond......
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1250782)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
When will the announcement be made? I'm getting impatient.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1250807)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too!!
Old 13 Mar 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1250870)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
dailysportscar.com is reporting that Bill Riley will be making an announcement soon, most likely at Sebring next week.
Guys... is it next week yet? From the sounds of it, sometime after Wednesday, probably Thursday or Friday.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1250890)   #19
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Guys... is it next week yet? From the sounds of it, sometime after Wednesday, probably Thursday or Friday.
exactly... i'm not expecting anything before i leave for Florida on Thursday.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1252822)   #20
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Riley is back! A great builder returns. Tim Northcutt stand up and be counted!

Link:

http://www.lmsr.net/RileyACOprototype.html

Last edited by jhansen; 15 Mar 2005 at 20:16.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1252832)   #21
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news. Especially the news about a possible Riley GTP!
Old 15 Mar 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1252838)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
YESSS ..... LMP1 and LMP2 ..... Its like christmass and birthday all in one day . My favourite prototype builder .

I cant wait for next year already , and this year hasnt even started yet ... racewise anyway .

This is the best news yet !!!
Old 15 Mar 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1252926)   #23
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Both LMP1 and LMP2, and both open and closed. Does this mean closed LMP1 and open LMP2? Or can the open car also be made into a LMP1? Or is a closed LMP2 even possible? Just wondering...
Old 15 Mar 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1252950)   #24
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Hurrah!
Old 15 Mar 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1252954)   #25
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think they are asseing open and closed options. You can have a closed LMP2 if you wish.

Does anyone agree with me that if Riley go with the closed option they will attract more orders, than if they built a closed car.

If I was making the decision about which car to purchase, a closed Riley would get the edge over an open Lola or Courage, all things being equal.

Just as some teams in GT racing say they find it easier to attract sponsors if they run a Ferrari, I'm sure you would have the same effect if you ran a super sexy closed LMP, and stood out from the crowd.

Last edited by JAG; 15 Mar 2005 at 22:25.