Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Jun 2001, 11:34 (Ref:102884)   #1
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
24th Annual Qld Historic Race Meeting - July 27-29

Sadly, my favourite meeting of the year has been moved from the exciting and challenging Lakeside Raceway to Queensland Raceway, the world's most boring circuit and largest Frogger game.

Still, big fields are expected as well as a big turn out of car club displays and the Shannon's Concourse. Controversially, the entire meeting will be run on two of the short circuit configurations as the long circuit has been deemed too hard on cars and too boring for people.
Old 9 Jun 2001, 13:09 (Ref:102955)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Before the end of July there are going to be 4 race meetings out at QR.....might set myself up at the caravan park up the road

At least there is going to be a Mini race, that'll be something to be seen
Old 9 Jun 2001, 14:29 (Ref:102990)   #3
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course there's going to be a Mini race... how could Bill Westermann win there without one?
Old 10 Jun 2001, 00:44 (Ref:103173)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ouch!

But I have a feeling that since Ken Nelson is sponosoring the event, that he has also engraved his name on a really big trophy
Old 10 Jun 2001, 03:10 (Ref:103199)   #5
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Ken's Rallycross background could help at that dog track...
Old 10 Jun 2001, 11:50 (Ref:103295)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For sure, Ken Nelson will easily be the fastest QUEENSLANDER in the Mini race, but if Andrew Bergan or Greg Malaure show up, we mightn't see which way they went. I think the Mini race will be a lot of fun, i'll get to see them from all angles, not just behind.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 12:54 (Ref:103337)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
David- Luke Spark usually drives around, under and over the Datsun

A hope the minis don't look like tiny dots out there at QR...
Old 25 Jul 2001, 03:59 (Ref:121398)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Well it's just days away now, and I'M EXCITED!!!! Over 230 entries have been received including 162 racing competitors. For once, there is a reasonable number of pre war, racing and sports cars and the Historic Production Sports cars have got their own race. I'm looking forward to seeing the races for later model racing and sports cars, featuring Aaron Lewis in the Elfin and a Formula 5000 from Victoria, also the Buick V8 engined Brabham that I saw at Oran Park will also be running, how sweet does that sound?

The highlight for me will be 62 Historic Touring Cars, split into 2 divisions. Very few big cars are entered, probably due to the circuit that has been selected and 19 tiny dots will feature in the Fred Sayers trophy race.

I'm sure Crash will be there, but what about you Ray? What about the other Queenslanders too? Come and have a look, i'm sure you'll enjoy a great day out.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 06:11 (Ref:121414)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, I'll be there, scored a job commentating for the weekend, also I have to do my AA stuff.

Now you're telling me about the F5000s....wow! If you told me that a week ago I wouldn't have ummmed and ahhhed about going out there...4 times in the last 7 weeks or something is just too many bloody times
Old 29 Jul 2001, 07:42 (Ref:123204)   #10
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My father just got home (NSW) from Queensland Raceway last night with some less than positive stories to tell of the cicuit. He races a Triumph TR6 in Group Sb and on his first practice run spun on the wet course and was hit head on by Chris Smith's TVR. Both cars were near write-offs but the drivers are OK. Apparently where the short course crosses the ditch between the two back straights was flooded over during Friday practice and there were no marshalls out there to wave the yellow flags which resulted in the crash.

We travel to every historic race on the East Coat, the highlight of which are Eastern Creek, Sandown and Phillip Island. For those interested in Formula 5000, they have a Tasman Series revival at Sandown last year with a massive grid of Formula 5000s and Formula Pacifics and they put on an awesome race. I believe they're having another one this year but as the TR6 is bent so badly I doubt we'll make it down there.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 11:12 (Ref:123237)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Thats terrible to hear about the bent car. I believe the TVR was still out there at the track over the weekend, and it was looking a little second hand.

I believe on Friday they just had free practice sue to the lack of officials, which in all fairness, is understandable considering the strain that they have been under lately, especially with the mass of racing out at QR...

Anyways, there was pretty good racing in just about all classes. Heroic drive of the meeting goes to David, who battled on, without an accelerator peddle