Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 2 Aug 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3285077)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2013 Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio

IndyCar will race at Mid-Ohio this weekend. Dixon won 4 out of 6 IndyCar races there since 2007. The Andretti team never won there.

o- Practice 1 - Friday 11:00
o- Practice 2 - Friday 15:30
o- Practice 3 - Saturday 10:30
o- Qualifying - Saturday 13:00
o- Race - Sunday 15:00
Old 2 Aug 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3285078)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
24 cars are entered:

o- Oriol Serviá joins Panther.
o- James Davison debuts in the second Dale Coyne car.
o- Luca Fillipi also debuts, replacing Alex Tagliani in the Byran Herta car.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 02:09 (Ref:3285244)   #3
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hooray. An actual proper road course circuit.

LOVE MID-OHIO.

Couldn't make it this year. Went the last two years.

Will definitely watch on the tube.

Go HINCH!
Old 3 Aug 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3285450)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Track Fan View Post
Hooray. An actual proper road course circuit.

LOVE MID-OHIO.

Couldn't make it this year. Went the last two years.

Will definitely watch on the tube.

Go HINCH!
It's a great track.

RHR takes poll and Luca Filippi causes a Red flag incient in quali.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109167
Old 3 Aug 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3285457)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grid positions for tomorrow's race.

Pos Driver Team/Engine Time Gap
1. Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti/Chevy 1m05.3519s
2. Will Power Penske/Chevy 1m05.5359s +0.1840s
3. Scott Dixon Ganassi/Honda 1m05.7051s +0.3532s
4. Marco Andretti Andretti/Chevy 1m05.8566s +0.5047s
5. Charlie Kimball Ganassi/Honda 1m06.4415s +1.0896s
6. Dario Franchitti Ganassi/Honda 1m06.5854s +1.2335s
7. Justin Wilson Coyne/Honda 1m05.9405s Round 2
8. Simon Pagenaud Schmidt/Honda 1m05.9412s Round 2
9. Simona de Silvestro KV/Chevy 1m05.9621s Round 2
10. James Jakes Rahal/Honda 1m06.1778s Round 2
11. Tristan Vautier Schmidt/Honda 1m06.3379s Round 2
12. EJ Viso Andretti/Chevy 1m06.4071s Round 2
13. James Hinchcliffe Andretti/Chevy 1m06.2198s Group 1
14. Sebastien Bourdais Dragon/Chevy 1m06.1856s Group 2
15. Helio Castroneves Penske/Chevy 1m06.2280s Group 1
16. Takuma Sato Foyt/Honda 1m06.1989s Group 2
17. James Davison Coyne/Honda 1m06.2839s Group 1
18. Oriol Servia Panther/Chevy 1m06.2109s Group 2
19. Josef Newgarden Fisher/Honda 1m06.5334s Group 1
20. Tony Kanaan KV/Chevy 1m06.2537s Group 2
21. Sebastian Saavedra Dragon/Chevy 1m07.0895s Group 1
22. Graham Rahal Rahal/Honda 1m06.4002s Group 2
23. Ed Carpenter Carpenter/Chevy 1m07.4107s Group 1
24. Luca Filippi Herta/Honda 1m06.8757s Group 2
Old 3 Aug 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3285470)   #6
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Power is finally going to get that monkey off his back here.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3285513)   #7
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Dixie will make IRL/Indycar history and be the first driver to do 4 in a row (obviously not including champcar and it's previous incarnation of Indycar pre split).

Interesting to see Helio so far back, could see RHR and Dixon close in on points by quite a lot if it finishes like this.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3285850)   #8
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well done Kimball. Didn't see that coming with his weekend sofar.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3285865)   #9
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm off the Rahal bandwagon. 18th and a lap down at his home race after getting a new engineer? Pitiful.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3285867)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good stuff, Chuck! Glad to see Kimball get his first win.

Good show!!
Old 4 Aug 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3285872)   #11
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love first time winners! Way to go chargin Charlie. What a weekend.
First driver to get his first win at mid ohio. That was great strategy
and a good show!
Old 4 Aug 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3285909)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Completely missed it; had a freebie to see Iron Maiden, so I'll have to watch highlights on YouTube. Otherwise congrats to Kimball but Helio's still on top.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3285931)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Completely missed it; had a freebie to see Iron Maiden, so I'll have to watch highlights on YouTube. Otherwise congrats to Kimball but Helio's still on top.

Wow! Maiden? For free? That isn't even a choice!

The race is worth a watch. Really tight at MO, but a true road course, which this series needs more of.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 02:36 (Ref:3285939)   #14
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I attended Nacional-Atlético Madrid, so I missed the race.

Back home, I check ESPN's guide and a replay was scheduled on 21:00 on the main channel, so I avoided the results and waited. The broadcast started 30 minutes later, but no worries: they showed all laps and interviews

Congratulations to Charlie Kimball. His overtake on Pagenaud was brilliant, and he ran great a car he had only drove in qualifying.

Hélio has to climb from 16th and finished 5th, beating Dixon. I'm exhausted from watching him attack and then defend. I hope that he finally wins the championship.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3286136)   #15
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the race last night. Best race of the season - BAR NONE! Clean and green the whole way, different fuel strategies, some great passing and a super pass for the win by Charlie!!

Well done Mr. Kimball!!

This is a perfect example of why Indy Car needs many more permanent circuits and a lot less of the crash and bash and follow the pace car for half the race street events.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 00:57 (Ref:3286366)   #16
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
That race was so well deserved for Charlie Kimball - he gambled on strategy, had to fight a very frustrating EJ Viso, and had to pass Pagenaud aggressively in the last few laps for the win. What a race... not the best race of the season by my count because I accidentally saw who won on Facebook, but if it wasn't for that, it definitely would have been the best of the season for me. Makes me look at Mid-Ohio in a different light... I used to hate that track, but now it's growing on me.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 01:07 (Ref:3286371)   #17
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The first phase of the race was a slow burn but as the different fuel strategies started to sort themselves out it became much more interesting. I was worried about a lack of alternate choices when it became clear there wasn't a lot of drop off in the reds, but the fuel was enough to provide variety.

Kimball drove a great race, and they definitely had the right strategy from the outset. I don't really understand what happened to Pagenaud in the last stint though; I know he was on scuffed reds but he seemed to have no pace, got unlapped by Saavedra and then took a while to get back past (and seemed to be allowed through in the end). I thought the commentators never really picked up on that either, or said much of anything at all about Pagenaud after Kimball passed him. Odd broadcast in that sense; I know there's lots going on, but even in a mixed-strategy recent F1 race the commentators do a much better job not ignoring important points like that.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3286450)   #18
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
I'm off the Rahal bandwagon. 18th and a lap down at his home race after getting a new engineer? Pitiful.
I think Graham is having a bad time of it but Bobby isn't a loser. He's too experienced to let this be the way the thing ends. It won't happen tomorrow but Rahal racing will have a time on top and 2014 may see a fresh approach and redemption.

Never give up on Bobby Rahal. He'll use this to motivate him toward some more success.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3286471)   #19
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah Graham just seems to be getting worse and worse. It's strange, I used to think he was a decent driver.

But even being beaten by the rookies Stefan Wilson and Luca Filippi, a guy who's never even raced and Indycar or Mid Ohio before? WTF?!

EJ Viso is proving to be pretty slow up against his teammates. And not letting the leader past was pretty rude.

It's nice to see the director actually following cars out of the pits for once. Normally they cut away to another pit stop while the car you're interested in seeing exit gets ignored and you have to watch the timing for a couple laps to actually see where they exited.

Re the pass on Pagenaud... it wasn't that great, Pagenaud was on fresh tyres and had just exited the pits, Kimball should have easily passed him on that lap. Pagenaud was 4 seconds behind by the end of that lap alone. But yeah he did have no pace in that final stint - I wonder if his tyres were used?
Old 6 Aug 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3286480)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see those names finish 1-2 - congrats Charlie on the race win
Hello did well to get P6, but come on Scott... Poo driving by EJ Viso, that's to be expected of him tho
Old 10 Aug 2013, 00:46 (Ref:3287827)   #21
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
08/09/13 The noose tightens (IndyCar TV Rating) The final TV rating for last Sunday's IndyCar race at Mid-Ohio on NBC Sports Network was so low it didn't break the top-50 for the day (that is day, not week). The lowest rating we have from last Sunday was a 0.3 for 'Diners, Drive- ins and Dives' on the Food Network, so it was south of that, perhaps too low to even measure. If we get the exact number we'll post it, but rest assured it won't be pretty as the noose continues to tighten around IndyCar's neck. Everyone can see it but them.

.1 according to trackforum

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...=1#post3408789
Old 10 Aug 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3287831)   #22
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's quite odd it would be so dismal. I expect the cars look/aesthetic to be a turn off alright but I'd still expect it to weigh in at a stable if low level. But to be so low as to be off the chart is inexplicable. A witch-doctor must've cast a spell on these guys, that's all I can say.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3287973)   #23
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
A witch-doctor must've cast a spell on these guys, that's all I can say.
I'm afraid of that...
Old 10 Aug 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3288075)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Looking at those figures, I can only surmise die-hard fans are watching, which is not sustainable as far as TV advertising revenue is concerned.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3288228)   #25
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Die hards who have subscribed to NBC sports channel

Do indycar have online streaming available?