Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Aug 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3667550)   #26
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how that statement came about. Was it BMR thinking, "We agree with TOCA", or TOCA saying, "You'd better say you agree with us"?

It's not often a team contradicts its own driver, is it?
Old 26 Aug 2016, 03:23 (Ref:3667602)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Mr Plato signed for 2017?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Aug 2016, 06:29 (Ref:3667623)   #28
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is Mr Plato signed for 2017?
He's been sitting on the Subaru deal since 2012 and has put it all together. So I doubt we'll see him going anywhere the next couple of years.
Old 26 Aug 2016, 07:48 (Ref:3667632)   #29
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
lots of variables; diferent weights, different gear ratios. different torque. different diff settings. different aero. different drive trains. different drivers.

look at how close the lap times are. that shows the cars are so equal. its just those variables mean they achieve the lap time in different ways which is why the racing is so good. if they all accelerated and braked and performed exactly the same as each other then there would be zero overtaking as it would be impossible to do.
The cars that were slower were lighter and they had better aero in the main. The other variables are a factor by I doubt they are enough to make those sort of differences in a short run especially when the cars behind should have a big advantage due to track position etc.

This is almost a spec series these days so the differences between cars with engineers that know what they're doing is going to be pretty minimal.

Saying that the cars have equal lap times doesn't mean that they have equal power. That's my whole issue with this system. People keep using equal lap times to justify that they must have the same power and then come up with loads of other factors that affect the lap time other than power. It can't be both ways.

A car that creates all it's lap time in braking and mid corner speed is never going to stand a chance behind a car that can block in the corners and then accelerate away on the straights.

That's not great racing in my book that's just incredibly frustrating to watch and leads to massive accidents as those bottled up will only stand it for so long.
Old 26 Aug 2016, 08:07 (Ref:3667633)   #30
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
A car that creates all it's lap time in braking and mid corner speed is never going to stand a chance behind a car that can block in the corners and then accelerate away on the straights.
really? if they cant stand a chance then how come the subaru's have won more races, more podiums, more fastest laps and more pole positions since their upgrade than any other car on the grid?!
Old 26 Aug 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3667674)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I love the way the team is not against the TOCA boost levels of the year and the rest of the year should be a good one for the fans who are enjoying the closest races
Old 27 Aug 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3667870)   #32
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I wonder how that statement came about. Was it BMR thinking, "We agree with TOCA", or TOCA saying, "You'd better say you agree with us"?

It's not often a team contradicts its own driver, is it?
If it was pressed by TOCA, they don't seem happy with the way it was presented still...

http://www.btcc.net/2016/08/25/bmr-subaru-statement/

http://www.btcc.net/2016/08/27/toca-...bmr-statement/
Old 27 Aug 2016, 17:47 (Ref:3667880)   #33
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't see the big deal, I was at Knockhill both days and definitely didn't see that much of a speed difference in a straight line (I spectated all over the track over both days). Then when I watched it back on TV still didn't see that much of a difference. I remember 2011 when Mr Plato certainly did have something to moan about, as that was just embarrassing. I think most of this nonsense can just be attributed to drivers playing at politics and looking to try and gain that extra competitive edge. Such a shame really as the racing just seems to get better every year. Had a great weekend at Knockhill by the way, anyone that hasn't been for BTCC weekend is really missing out.
Old 27 Aug 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3667892)   #34
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe Mr. Gow will alter the rules for next reason that BMR will have to mount their boxer engine higher in the engine bay ?
Old 28 Aug 2016, 05:23 (Ref:3667969)   #35
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sollution: Jason Plato to WTCC.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 17:24 (Ref:3668154)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just remembered that the WTCC rules used to be changed every meeting to suit different people