Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Dec 2001, 19:33 (Ref:190027)   #26
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anything about Team Davey in it?
Old 27 Dec 2001, 20:06 (Ref:190061)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Anything about Team Davey in it?
I can't believe it took you soooooooooo long to ask that question Paul!
Old 27 Dec 2001, 20:20 (Ref:190071)   #28
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well I was waiting for people to get it!!!!!!1
Old 13 Jan 2002, 00:29 (Ref:197759)   #29
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Hi guys, I seem to have dropped a b@ll@ck and ordered two copies of the book at reasonable prices. Reason is I found one in "VG++/mint" condition in England and having ordered it found one here in France for a little less money, but I can pick it up in Paris when I have to be there next weekend. I say I appear to because I've ordered them on the web and won't get confirmation 'til Monday at the earliest.
Assuming both orders are confirmed I shall cancel the English order which is at £20 plus postage unless one of you wants to take it up. If anyone wants it please e-mail me by Monday evening. It's with a reputable bookseller - nothing to do with an auction.
First come first served. There's no mark-up in this for me.
Have fun all of you, and see some of you in June. And Powermite I'll see you at PQ.

Old 14 Jan 2002, 13:19 (Ref:198510)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I could well have been temptred, Kpy, as Santa failed to come up with the goods and the darned book has disappeared from all the shelves around here, even at full price......BUT......

It's my wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks, and I think my darling wife has come up trumps....fingers crossed!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jan 2002 at 18:07.
Old 14 Jan 2002, 15:06 (Ref:198557)   #31
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see youre sorted KP.The book seemed to disappear from the shops very quickly.I paid £17.00 but now after having seen it,£35 is still a bargain

PM
Old 14 Jan 2002, 18:09 (Ref:198604)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by powermite
I paid £17.00 but now after having seen it,£35 is still a bargain

PM
That good eh? Can't wait!!!
Old 21 Jan 2002, 10:36 (Ref:202032)   #33
Banks
Rookie

Banks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I received my copy at the weekend - and sadly have to report my disappointment. Being an ardent fan of Le Mans for near on thirty years maybe expecting to see a lot of new material was unrealistic. Apart from some of the pre-war stuff I did'nt see one new photo or learn anything that I had'nt already heard before.
All very 'arty' and a bit of a coffee table edition for me ( can't show any disappiontment at home - it was a present! )
Old 21 Jan 2002, 18:06 (Ref:202211)   #34
powermite
Rookie

Banks,
The problem is that LeMans has been so well written about,videod(is that a word)and discussed that it would be difficult to find something completely new.
Still a good read though.
PM
Old 21 Jan 2002, 18:25 (Ref:202214)   #35
Banks
Rookie

Yes Powermite you are right I know , but somewhere , someone has probably got a box full of hidden gems , hundreds of unpublished photo's etc that are waiting for a book - lets live in hope (and I'm sure that quite a few of the professional photographers have got drawers full of worthwhile alternatives to the repeated stuff that we see today)
The book ' Mintex Man' being a classic example - worth a look if you have'nt already seen it.
Old 24 Jan 2002, 10:18 (Ref:203556)   #36
Banks
Rookie

Wow - Classic example of what I was talking about
Check out the new gallery by Chris Green on this site
( thank you Aysedasi - can't wait for the next one! )
Old 24 Jan 2002, 10:41 (Ref:203565)   #37
powermite
Rookie

your right Banksy,great set of photos.There must be thousands like these just lying around in peoples albums.If only they new there was an interested audience out here.
PM
Old 24 Jan 2002, 14:50 (Ref:203649)   #38
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Those are FANTASTIC!!!!

Great pictures, more please!!!
Old 25 Jan 2002, 13:21 (Ref:204177)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Those are FANTASTIC!!!!

Great pictures, more please!!!
I'm blushing

and Chris may be too.

Thanks guys.

Hopefully more at the weekend.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 10:08 (Ref:204623)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Today is Mr. and Mrs. Aysedasi's wedding anniversary, and yes, my dear wife came up with the goodies this morning - I now have the book!

Contrary to some of the comments earlier, I think it's excellent and there are certainly a fair few pics in it that I haven't seen before. I haven't had a chance to read much yet, but I shall persevere.......
Old 26 Jan 2002, 11:15 (Ref:204644)   #41
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What book is this?
Old 26 Jan 2002, 14:30 (Ref:204720)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Banks
Wow - Classic example of what I was talking about
Check out the new gallery by Chris Green on this site
( thank you Aysedasi - can't wait for the next one! )
You need wait no longer........

Hakkiman - we're talking about the Brian Laban - Le Mans 24 Hours book.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 15:53 (Ref:204765)   #43
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok. Is it a good book?
Old 29 Jan 2002, 13:16 (Ref:206226)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm up to 1957 and I think it's an excellent read. Good photos too. As far as I'm concerned, an essential purchase for Le Mans fans.
Old 29 Jan 2002, 16:14 (Ref:206283)   #45
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The book is great, got it for xmas, finished it by new year, a good read, well worth the money.
Old 4 Feb 2002, 12:09 (Ref:210045)   #46
Banks
Rookie

I recently bought 'Jaguar at Le Mans 1950-93' by Paul Parker.
Well worth looking at - full of new info and terrific images - particularly good coverage of the development of the 'D' Type and the Lister Jags