Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Jan 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3791709)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I knew you would come up with some interesting stuff from the South American markets! I will have to study better when I'm at home and not work.

To add this same information about the N.American trucks, they are delineated by mid-size (Colorado/Canyon, Frontier, Tacoma) and full size. Full size trucks are separated by payload (imperial weights) into 1/2 ton (Light Duty), 3/4 ton (Heavy Duty), and 1 ton (HD). You will also see this as 1500/150, 2500/250, and 3500/350. To make things more confusing, modern full size trucks payloads are way, way above these ratings - An average half ton pickup has a payload capacity of 1500-2000 lbs, a 3/4 ton pickups average 3-4000lbs and 1 ton average 4-7000 lbs.

Pricing is all over the map as well as you can buy a F-150 for $20,000 all the way to $70,000. Luxury versions of HD pickups can approach $100,000. The reason they sell so well, however, is that you can get a well equipped half ton for less than comparably equipped 3-series BMW.
I was puttering around on Ram's site last week, top of the line Limited Tungsten 3500 duallie will run you just under 100k MSRP. But it has a sweet $300 suede headliner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Good! I had not seen confirmation from FCA that it was happening!

I was going to mention the 3L Powerstroke, but it got very quiet late last year. I wonder if there are some development issues? I thought it seemed an odd decision anyway considering the investment into the EcoBoost engines.
Both of those bits I got from an unofficial FCA news site last week. Looks like the unveiling of the new split-tailgate design could be this weekend as well. With possible integrated ramps under the bed. Ford apparently confirmed the diesel late last year but without a time frame other than 2018. Doubt it will be for a WHILE, the 2017 EcoDiesels were JUST released by the EPA. The 2018s are rolling off the line and hitting lots, good luck selling a year old truck Ram. And screw you EPA.

Although apparently I could be in for a refund check on my truck sometime this year with the settlement from FCA coming this year.