Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 14 Jun 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3910192)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Estate Cars (Station Wagons, Shooting Brakes, Sports Tourers.....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'm bored to create a thread for station wagons.
OK - I've done it for you.

Quote:
BMW 5er Touring

Quote:
Opel Insignia Tourer

Quote:
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo

Quote:
Jaguar XF Sportbrake

Quote:
Tesla Model S Shooting Brake

Quote:
Volvo V60

4.76 m long (!!!)

T8 385 bhp plug-in hybrid

Quote:
Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake

4.68 m long
225 hp gasoline engine

Complements the C-Class wagon, does it?

Quote:
The Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake is just a station wagon with a fancy (ugly) roof.

- o -

BMW 3 Series Touring

Old 14 Jun 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3910213)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I would complain, but I'm too bored :P
Old 17 Jun 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3912383)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
VW Passat Estate 2019

Old 17 Jun 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3912384)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Kia ProCeed Shooting Brake 2019

Old 17 Jun 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3912410)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Peugeot 508 SW Estate

Old 17 Jun 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3912431)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some of these are running into the same style issue that I have with the "SUV's" in that it's a sloping back hatch and not a squared off rear section that an estate/station wagon traditionally has.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3912439)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Some of these are running into the same style issue that I have with the "SUV's" in that it's a sloping back hatch and not a squared off rear section that an estate/station wagon traditionally has.
They aren't quite a wagon/estate and aren't quite a hatchback. Seems like they know anything called a wagon in the US is a kiss of death for sales so let's pretend and push it away from the usefulness of a wagon shape
Old 17 Jun 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3912450)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I see what you mean, but for me the distinction between a hatchback and an estate is broadly whether the rear hatch hinges at the top of the 'C' pillar, or 'D' pillar. Or if there is roof line above the boot space or not when the hatch is open.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3912452)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
VW Passat Estate 2019
not available in Canada (as far as i can tell) nor is the Jetta wagon (if they still make that even). the Golf wagon is available and as a 4-door does look the part of a proper wagon.

personally love these cars but do see what you mean SBF about the sloping back hatch eroding the look.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3912870)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Audi A6 Allroad

Old 19 Jun 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3912871)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Skoda Octavia Estate

Old 19 Jun 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3912872)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
not available in Canada (as far as i can tell) nor is the Jetta wagon (if they still make that even). the Golf wagon is available and as a 4-door does look the part of a proper wagon.
Skoda and Audi Estates may be available in Canada if you are looking at the VAG family?
Old 19 Jun 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3912912)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the Audi wagons are for sure available here (all be it very pricey) but dont think Skoda's have been launched here. certainly have not seen them at my VW dealership.

i guess the wagons are just not popular here. even the American offerings like the 2019 Buick Regal TourX are (as far as i know) not sold in Canada yet.

Old 19 Jun 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3912947)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Buick Regal is closely related to the Opel/Vauxhaul Insignia AKA Holden ZB
Old 4 Jul 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3915822)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The 2020 Insignia Sports Tourer has been spotted testing:

Old 8 Jul 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3916516)   #16
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just the lower boot valance being tested??
Old 8 Jul 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3916519)   #17
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Just the lower boot valance being tested??
'pictures suggest styling changes will be subtle - Vauxhall has chosen not to alter the styling too much; there’ll be slightly different lights and a redesigned front bumper. The grille will be the same shape and size.'
Old 8 Jul 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3916521)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the camo wrap makes no sense to me in most applications, but this one takes the cake.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3916526)   #19
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
the camo wrap makes no sense to me in most applications, but this one takes the cake.
I wouldn't consider it to be a 'camouflage' as such, but a combination of attention drawing and uglifying.

Roll a car out of a R&D facility and you are bound to get photographers attention; your car ends up in the press, giving you free publicity and (possibly) generating excitement about something new.
Cover up what is on the car with a messy design and when you are ready to reveal the product to the public, it will immediately look much more sophisticated and elegant than otherwise might be the case on a standard reveal.

With the case of a face lift, or minor cosmetic change, then a full wrap would negate the benefits. If most of the car design is unchanged, then your reveal will look too similar to what is already on the market. But by having select parts of the car covered up, attention is drawn to those elements in advance.

In the case of the Insignia, because the rear of the Estate has been covered, and the front was also wrapped on the Grand Sport (see below), then at the unveiling those in the know will focus on these areas.

I don't see it as an attempt to disguise what is being changed, but more an attempt to highlight what will be different.

Old 10 Sep 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3927110)   #20
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Audi RS6 Avant

'As with the previous generation, the new RS6 is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo TFSI petrol engine, now boosted by a 48V belt alternator/starter mild-hybrid system, which can recover up to 16bhp. The engine also utilises a cylinder-on-demand system that can shut off half of its cylinders to boost fuel economy.
The powertrain produces 591bhp – up from the 552bhp of the previous standard model but slightly below the 596bhp offered by the 2016 Performance variant – with 590lb ft available between 2100rpm and 4500rpm.
The new RS6 Avant can achieve 0-62mph in 3.6sec. A governed top speed of 155mph can be extended to 174mph or 189.5mph with the optional Dynamic and Dynamic Plus packages respectively. '

Old 30 Sep 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3931067)   #21
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Cupra Leon ST Estate

'The powertrain will be shared with the Cupra Leon hot hatch, itself expected to use a variation of the familiar VW Group EA888 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine. In the Cupra Ateca, that unit puts out 296bhp and 295lb ft - expect similar power levels for the Leon.'

Old 13 Dec 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3946480)   #22
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo: EV

'Set to join the German brand's line-up in 2021, the production version of the new model builds on the Mission E Cross Turismo concept revealed at the 2018 Geneva motor show.

The range will kick off with the 523bhp 4S, with a 671bhp Turbo and 751bhp Turbo S also offered. Expect a low four-figure price increase for the Cross Turismo.'

Old 25 Jun 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3983815)   #23
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Volkswagen Arteon Shooting Brake

Old 13 Aug 2020, 06:12 (Ref:3995083)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
BMW M3 Touring

'The new BMW M3 saloon will be fully unveiled next month, alongside the BMW M4 Coupe. Good times. In 2021, we’ll see a BMW M4 Convertible, and after that… a BMW M3 Touring.'
Old 12 Apr 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4045684)   #25
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
A bit of a segment-straddler, being noted as a liftback by some but referred to as a luxury touring wagon by Citroen - the C5X:

'The C5X is big-family-car size. That means, they claim, masses of rear legroom and a big, boxy boot: 545 litres. In practice that means, they say, it’ll swallow a normal-size washing machine.

Some hardware details. As you’d expect The C5X uses broadly similar underneath bits as the Peugeot 508. But it’s all tuned to meet the Citroen promise of comfort and relaxed travel.

The suspension uses Citroen’s ‘progressive hydraulic cushion’ dampers. In the new C4 and C5 Aircross they really do give a pretty smothering ride. In the C5X they’re augmented by a three-mode electronic adaptive function for better control in corners.

Display tech moves on a step for Citroen, with a fully competitive 12-inch centre screen with a tablet-style OS, using wireless phone mirroring. An XL-sized HUD appears too. It all sits among louche, lounge-like dash and cabin furniture.'