Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 4 Mar 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1536123)   #1
GeorgeTheCar
Rookie

Canada
Port Credit, Ontario, Canada
GeorgeTheCar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canadians In F1

I am the chair of the Archvies committe of the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame.

I am currently reading Forza Amon in the section on the Amon F1 car project when I came across a reference to a Proferssor Tom Boyce, a Canadian, who did the car's aerodynamics. It states that he had also done the shape on the Lola T70. First time I heard that reference.

Can anyone provide any more info?

I will create a database of all Canadians in Formula One. The drivers with F1 involvement are well known but there many who worked in many other capacities. One such example is Rod Campbell who worked in Canada for George Eaton and did the BRM deal and then was in F1 with Brett Lunger, Walter Wolf and Mo Nunn's Ensign project. Although after that he ended up in the States and worked on Ford racing projects for years he maintained many F1 ties. I have a couple of other names that I will do some more work on and add into the dscussion

This will be very useful for our Archives and I thank you all for your assiatance in advance
Old 4 Mar 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1536138)   #2
GeorgeTheCar
Rookie

Canada
Port Credit, Ontario, Canada
GeorgeTheCar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canadians who have driven in F1

Allen Berg
Bill Brack
Peter Broeker
John Cannon
John Cordts
George Eaton
Al Pease
Peter Ryan
Gilles Villeneuve
Jacques Villeneuve
Jacques Villeneuve
Eppie Wietzes

George has asked me to 'Add Ludwig Heimrath in a non Chanpionship race at Pau

Note if you will, Peter Ryan was a US citizen by birth, lived most of his life in Canada, developed and raced as a Canadian'

Last edited by John Turner; 6 Mar 2006 at 20:24. Reason: See attached note in italics!
Old 4 Mar 2006, 14:02 (Ref:1536140)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can find no reference to Boyce in either Bamsey's or Starkey's books on the T70. I'd always had the impression that the body shape was designed 'in-house' at Lola.