Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Apr 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2434175)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One HD/SD [information]...post any info in here....

If you find any info on what ONE HD might be telecasting in the future post in here...

So far there is only Nascar Nationwide [live] and Sprint Cup [1 hour highlights] introduced by Ambrose and the V8's at the GP and ANDRA Drag Racing and Moto GP...

Will they pick up any other classes of racing to help fill out their schedule...

click here

Quote:
“Our partnership with Network Ten, through ONE, is an integrated solution to our communication and media activities and we are delighted to be working with ONE for the next three years.”

Whilst the ANDRA series has enjoyed strong television to this point in time, the new ONE agreement will take the television exposure to a whole new level, which includes:

1. 32 x 1 hour episodes in a regular timeslot at 1:30pm on ONE, with coverage increasing to 40 hours over the next three years.
2. Coverage for all ANDRA Championship Drag Racing categories, including rounds of the Rocket Allstars Drag Racing Series.
3. ONE will also run mid-week replays of the 32 x 1 hour episodes across the year. Each replay will be played before the next telecasted event.
4. A season review and preview show on Network Ten, as well as on ONE.
5. In-station program promotion on both Network Ten and ONE to help raise awareness of the new ANDRA Championship Drag Racing TV coverage.
6. New levels of cross-promotion with Sports Tonight and other network programming through the season, as part of our exclusive arrangement

Darwin info...

click here

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 5 Apr 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2434665)   #2
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hard to get excited by ONE in rural areas as it is not available.....
Old 6 Apr 2009, 00:02 (Ref:2434703)   #3
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Australian Superbike Championship-1 hour highlights each round mainly focussing on Superbike ansd Supersport classes.I think shown 2 weeks after each round which means first telecast should be on 19 April.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2434719)   #4
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope I have the right thread to air my disgust, but I couldn't believe that they decided to continue to delay the F1 qualifying to play footbrawl, when ONE SD was showing the ONE logo loop!

Why does footbrawl have to be on two channels and we have to wait until 11pm to see an international event? I hate this country and its obsession with egg-shaped balls.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 01:33 (Ref:2434748)   #5
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Australian Superbike Championship-1 hour highlights each round mainly focussing on Superbike ansd Supersport classes.I think shown 2 weeks after each round which means first telecast should be on 19 April.
1st round was abandoned on the weekend so presumably the telecast may change or be postponed.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 01:36 (Ref:2434749)   #6
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Hope I have the right thread to air my disgust, but I couldn't believe that they decided to continue to delay the F1 qualifying to play footbrawl, when ONE SD was showing the ONE logo loop!

Why does footbrawl have to be on two channels and we have to wait until 11pm to see an international event? I hate this country and its obsession with egg-shaped balls.
Couldn't agree more - thought that this was the whole point of multi channelling - putting different stuff onto the different channels - and covering different demographics by doing that.

If the gAFL was on the main channel you'd think that they'd cater for those of us with taste on One wouldn't you?
Old 6 Apr 2009, 01:49 (Ref:2434754)   #7
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
1st round was abandoned on the weekend so presumably the telecast may change or be postponed.
Next round June 7 at Queensland Raceway so telecast June 21.Also 1 is covering Le Mans24 Hour but I don't know if this means some live coverage or just the 1 hour highlights package Fox has been showing in recent years.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 03:34 (Ref:2434774)   #8
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Next round June 7 at Queensland Raceway so telecast June 21.Also 1 is covering Le Mans24 Hour but I don't know if this means some live coverage or just the 1 hour highlights package Fox has been showing in recent years.
Got to be the latter. There's no way they'd set aside a whole 24 hours, surely.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 03:57 (Ref:2434784)   #9
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Some overseas networks show the first and last 3 hours live with a 1 or 2 hour update in the middle.This was actually done here once in 1984 when Brock and Perkins ran the 956.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2434805)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was possible to view the Le Mans 24hrs in full last year in Australia, as Eurosport Asia Pacific is available on SelectTV (digital Satellite tv)

http://www.selectv.com/go/get-quote-/-sign-up
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2435001)   #11
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post

Couldn't agree more - thought that this was the whole point of multi channelling - putting different stuff onto the different channels - and covering different demographics by doing that.

If the gAFL was on the main channel you'd think that they'd cater for those of us with taste on One wouldn't you?
Except that ONE HD and ONE SD are the same EXCEPT when TEN SD is also showing the same program - then ONE SD becomes the advert - this way HD is always available on SD at the same time.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2435130)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
If you find any info on what ONE HD might be telecasting in the future post in here...
Better still to post it in Armchair Forum which is, after all, set up precisely for this purposes.

I'll close this thread and put a copy over there