Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 May 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2469462)   #1
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMOC St. John Horsfall Meeting - 30th May

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a thread on this. Looks to be a good meeting - We have a capacity grid (for the second time in two races!) of cars in the '50s Sports Car Team Challenge, with 7 Alfa Giuliettas alone, plus several other rarities. Last race at Mallory saw some great close, gentlemanly racing, with the 'right' period look to the grid.

For me personally, this is the first season in many that I haven't done more of the 'big' events by now (Masters etc - although I hope to do some later in the year), for now I have to make do with some good old-fashioned 'club' racing, so looking forward to this meeting!

Any other 10/10thers there?
Old 26 May 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2469465)   #2
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

I'll be there all day Saturday working as a photographer/journalist for a couple of publications.

I have got a copy of the entry list and it looks like it will be another great meeting.

Anyone know which circuit they are running on ??

Regards

Tim
Old 26 May 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2469622)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love this meeting, and rarely miss it; I first attended it in 1966 and reckon to have been to at least 35 since then. Unfortunately, this year it clashes with the HSCC Autosport 3 hours at Snetterton, which I am attending. I think AMOC are getting their act together and I suspect this could be the best St John Horsfall for some years, so I'm looking forward to some good reports back!
Old 26 May 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2469688)   #4
Philip Venables
Rookie

Australia
Philip Venables should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be working in the scrutineering bay, assembly area and start line/pit lane, so any 10/10ther's, make yourselves known
Old 28 May 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2470876)   #5
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be waving assorted beach towels (sometimes called flags) around the circuit somewhere.

Gerry
Old 28 May 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2471034)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Does anyone have a timetable they can post, or is there one available on-line?
Old 28 May 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2471058)   #7
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Does anyone have a timetable they can post, or is there one available on-line?
Not a timetable as such, but qualifying will commence at 9am and racing will start at 12.50 in the following order:

1. AMOC Classic (20 mins)
2. Pre '60 Sports Racing Cars (40 mins)
3. AMOC Historic (20 mins)
4. Intermarque (20 mins)
5. 50s Sportscar Team Challenge (20 mins)
6. St John Horsefall Trophy (20 mins)
7. Super GT (40 mins)
8. David Brown Trophy (15 laps)
Old 28 May 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2471106)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
That's close enough for me, thanks
Old 29 May 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2471796)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was at Silverstone today, and I have to say that there were already some great cars there, including the famous Aston DB4 GT Zagato, 1 VEV. Also Martin Brewer's 214 Replica (214R2) and several prewar LM Astons plus the sole remaining Bertelli saloon bodied 1.5 complete with supercharger in the hands of Andy Bell and it can only get better when the rest turn up tomorrow morning. Also don't miss Anthony Reid in the Marshplant Aston V8; this will be a rare outing for this car this year and it looks like David Ellis is going to turn up in the GT700R to renew the great race these two had in the Super GT round at Donington last year.
Old 29 May 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2471798)   #10
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the preview John, looks like the weather is set fair as well.

One of the best meetings of the season, both wandering the paddock and watching the track action.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/timetables/2009/92254.pdf
Old 31 May 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2472821)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

Shame that the two longest races (Pre-60 Sports and Super GT) had the smallest grids. Other than that a really good meeting.
Old 31 May 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2472863)   #12
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was one of the best entries I've ever seen, both on track and in the paddock. Every garage and corner of the paddock had another gem

The line up of Le Mans Astons was stunning and the racing wasn't bad either.
Old 31 May 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2472881)   #13
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Hi there,

Stunning event, great field of cars and like you said a gem around every corner. Will post all of my pics as soon as I have done them in the meantime heres one that sums up the meeting for me: -

Regards

Tim
Old 1 Jun 2009, 07:57 (Ref:2473169)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Lovely stuff, more please. Such a shame, for me at any rate, that two of my most favourite meetings of the year clashed!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2473199)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Pre Meeting Test/Track day

A few that I took on Friday. Look out for a piece on the Marsh Plant V8 shortly in Autosport.
Attached Thumbnails
TestdaySilv29May2009 152wb.jpg   TestdaySilv29May2009 155wb.jpg   TestdaySilv29May2009 182wb.jpg  

TestdaySilv29May2009 195wb.jpg   IMG_6422wl4.jpg   IMG_6290wl4.jpg  

Old 1 Jun 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2473327)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/revgear...7619059044296/
My pics from Saturday.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2474233)   #17
brands
Veteran

A small sample of the cars on display and on track.

Old 2 Jun 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2474247)   #18
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have now worked through all of my pics from the weekend and have posted them on my site

http://www.dunlopix.com/AMOC%202009.html

http://www.dunlopix.com/AMOC%202009a.html

One of my favourites

Regards

Tim
Old 2 Jun 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2474338)   #19
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim and Brands. Great pics. I am glad everyone enjoyed the day. It certainly has caused more positive comment than this event has done for years so it looks like we are getting things right. AMOC is already working on another special display and parade for the event in 2010 to celebrate 75 yrs of the AMOC. Also some special races.

Mark C ( comps)
Old 3 Jun 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2474473)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, lovely pics, guys. So you had both 1 & 2 VEV there; fantastic.

Sounds as though AMOC is getting back to its great old self! Sorry I wasn't there, Mark; hope that we can catch up at Snetterton.