Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Nov 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2989061)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg [FV8SC11-R07] Fujitsu Series Homebush - 2-4 December

They have been hauling their cars across the country all year. From Townsville to Barbagallo, from Clipsal to Sandown..

... and now to Homebush...

Will the new FPR/Mr Mostert connection continue their great pace? And maybe give the young tyro his first win in the series?

Or will the last run for the #80 Monster car with Mr Thompson's last go do the business and reset some more records?

Will Mr Jane be allowed to come back?

The battle is on for the minor placings in the series... should be a load of action... on and off track... Should be fun!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Nov 2011, 06:30 (Ref:2989437)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MeN reports this evening that Mr Walsh has split from the Miles Racing squad.

So what has happened at Miles Racing? They came away from Bathurst with a crashed car, purchased a 'new' 888-built FG shell, told people the FG was almost built up, and yet seem to have dumped both pilots...

And simPRO has followed Mr Mostert to FPR...

We kinda expected Mr Youlden to have appeared at Sandown in the FG, as a shakedown by an experienced pilot. Yet he seems to have run in the ex-Mostert BF.

So from everything this team have shared with the media, they have 4 chassis in the shed, 3x888 touched BFs.. and an 888 FG... will they run 4 cars at Homebush?
Old 23 Nov 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2990629)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Ash Walsh To Start @ Homebush?

Wonder where he might end up?
Old 24 Nov 2011, 04:55 (Ref:2990737)   #4
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
MeN reports this evening that Mr Walsh has split from the Miles Racing squad.

So what has happened at Miles Racing? They came away from Bathurst with a crashed car, purchased a 'new' 888-built FG shell, told people the FG was almost built up, and yet seem to have dumped both pilots...

And simPRO has followed Mr Mostert to FPR...
Quote:
Ash Walsh To Start @ Homebush?

Wonder where he might end up?
Did they dump him or did he dump them?

“The DVS Series will be very competitive next year and it is really critical to be with the right team with the right equipment and people. I am confident of a much better showing next year.”
Old 28 Nov 2011, 07:34 (Ref:2992305)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Any sign of an entry list yet?
Old 30 Nov 2011, 00:03 (Ref:2993232)   #6
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mostert to 'blow everyone else out of the water' in Sydney....?

From the article it sounds like a pretty big deal, it certainly sounds like FPR are after his services for 2012 and beyond.
Old 30 Nov 2011, 00:27 (Ref:2993245)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
Mostert to 'blow everyone else out of the water' in Sydney....?

From the article it sounds like a pretty big deal, it certainly sounds like FPR are after his services for 2012 and beyond.
The team seem genuinely impressed by the Sandown performance. Presumably the 2012 deal should also secure Mr Mostert an enduro deal alongside Mr Winterbottom...
Old 30 Nov 2011, 00:42 (Ref:2993252)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The team seem genuinely impressed by the Sandown performance. Presumably the 2012 deal should also secure Mr Mostert an enduro deal alongside Mr Winterbottom...
definately did look good at sandown, hit the ground running. looking competitive for next year. especially with out Mr Thompson

But why do you keep pushing the winterbottom link, surely he could end up in any of the 3 cars
Old 30 Nov 2011, 02:42 (Ref:2993283)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
definately did look good at sandown, hit the ground running. looking competitive for next year. especially with out Mr Thompson

But why do you keep pushing the winterbottom link, surely he could end up in any of the 3 cars
Mr Richards is not likely to be a part of the 2012 lineup, while Mr Youlden is said to be continuing.. while Mr Dumbrell has an offer from RNR for that seat...
Old 30 Nov 2011, 03:20 (Ref:2993292)   #10
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a Speedcafe story about Winterbottom not going to the final FPR test at the end of the year.

In it, i'm sure they said Richards would take his place as they had a 2 year enduro contract with him anyway.
Old 30 Nov 2011, 04:51 (Ref:2993314)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
POST SEASON TEST

Quote:
Richards will compete with FPR at the Sandown 500 and Bathurst 1000 next year – the second year of his two-season endurance driver deal.
Old 30 Nov 2011, 05:01 (Ref:2993319)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 30 Nov 2011, 21:37 (Ref:2993672)   #13
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Simpro on the sides

Old 1 Dec 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2993957)   #14
buzzlightyear
Rookie

New Zealand
buzzlightyear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
car looks good, love the metallic blue. about time the ROW adopted the yank's ideas on motorsport marketing.

as a kiwi, must beg the question of how cassidy and jilesen will go this weekend. jilesen has been a battler all year and done a good job imho...
Old 2 Dec 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2994276)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P1

P2

Overall

Quick work by Mr McLaughlin and Mr Mostert...

I am surprised they werent playing the Village People song in the paddock bunker however...
Old 2 Dec 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2994347)   #16
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
P1

P2

Overall

Quick work by Mr McLaughlin and Mr Mostert...

I am surprised they werent playing the Village People song in the paddock bunker however...
Good to see a couple of young up and comers at the top of the timesheets
Old 2 Dec 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2994583)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q1

Session was redflagged near the end and not restarted.

Mr McLaughlin didnt get a time in worth a damn... a HUGE charge from the back sounds like the plan... hope #7 focus some cameras on that drive..

Interesting that the time of the quickest qualifier would have placed him only 27th in the main game practice yesterday...
Old 2 Dec 2011, 23:10 (Ref:2994591)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Story Here

Seems Mr McLaughlin caused a red flag earlier on and had that time disallowed...

Will still be an interesting charge in what is one of the top 5 cars in that field...
Old 3 Dec 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2994641)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R1

Congratulations to 888, and Andrew Thompson.. 2011 Fujitsu V8Supercar Championship Series winner...

Mega crash in the opening laps.. Mr Zukanovic and Mr Jane had an oopsy... destroyed the front end of the Zukanovic car (Mr Rosenberg, car owner.. may not be please..) and badly damaged Mr Jane's car. Not sure if they will come out to play tomorrow..

Meantime, Mr McLaughlin got to 10th from the back of the grid.. nice run..

One more race left... lets see how many will survive it
Old 3 Dec 2011, 02:36 (Ref:2994642)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meeting Points

Series Points

Looks like the top 3 are almost decided...
Old 3 Dec 2011, 05:04 (Ref:2994664)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Gotta say, for all the raving about pearcat, he's not going that great
Old 3 Dec 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2994861)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Gotta say, for all the raving about pearcat, he's not going that great
He is driving one of the team's older cars, one of the ones that only really 'worked' on certain circuits.

What may be interesting is that HRT are said to be building 3 brand new VE chassis for next year... and that Mr Percat may slot into his 2011 Bathurst winning chassis for the (unnamed) development series next season.
Old 3 Dec 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2994862)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The commercial partner sourcers seem to be taking a lot of nice pics of their charge...

Old 4 Dec 2011, 02:46 (Ref:2994904)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R2

Mr Perkins wins.. with some serious speed coming from Mr McGill & Mr Emery.. who must have started on slick tyres while the rest were on wets! Mr McGill got some nice teev time for new sponsor Solo...

And so to the championship.. Season Points

1. Andrew Thompson - 1896
2. Jack Perkins - 1601
3. David Russell - 1594
4. Scott McLaughlin - 1461
5. Tim Blanchard - 1262
6. Chaz Mostert - 1253
7. Nick Percat - 1207
8. Paul Morris - 944
9. Rodney Jane - 827
10.Daniel Jilesen - 816

And Mr Russell ends up 3rd in the series.. again.. while reigning Bathurst 1000 champion Mr Percat is still yet to win a DVS race
Old 4 Dec 2011, 03:42 (Ref:2994910)   #25
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Russell will be spewing......