Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Mar 2015, 00:19 (Ref:3510960)   #1
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Utes 2015/6

What great series, but....

Geoff Fane fined $10k for an idiotic crash
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/03/01/...ng-utes-crash/
Old 3 Mar 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3510968)   #2
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting to see what penalty will be given to the driver that drove through Turn 8 with the bonnet obscuring his vision resulting in an accident.

Sitting out the next meeting would be a good starting point.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 03:10 (Ref:3510987)   #3
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Geoff Fane crash was shown on the news. I didn't see the race, so am unsure of the context of the crash, or whether there was any underlying problem with the vehicle causing it to veer to the right (giving him the benefit of the doubt).

Assuming there wasn't, it was one of the most shocking pieces of driving I've ever seen on a race track. Absolutely unbelievable. I wouldn't be comfortable sharing a track with that driver, ever.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 06:23 (Ref:3511017)   #4
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
The Geoff Fane crash was shown on the news. I didn't see the race, so am unsure of the context of the crash, or whether there was any underlying problem with the vehicle causing it to veer to the right (giving him the benefit of the doubt).

Assuming there wasn't, it was one of the most shocking pieces of driving I've ever seen on a race track. Absolutely unbelievable. I wouldn't be comfortable sharing a track with that driver, ever.
Going by the commentators they seem to think there wasn't any damage to the steering as the first contact was around the door of Fane's ute. It all started with a late dive under brakes, little contact made then when they straightened that's when Fane's ute went right. Whether they looked front wheels and caused it to turn right who knows.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3511203)   #5
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Interesting to see what penalty will be given to the driver that drove through Turn 8 with the bonnet obscuring his vision resulting in an accident.

Sitting out the next meeting would be a good starting point.
Commentary suggested that if he lifted too much, he would gave caused a crash before T8...

CAMS to review Fane madness
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/03/03/...ash-sanctions/
Old 3 Mar 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3511395)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not sure if this is exactly the right place for this discussion

EVOLUTION PROMPTED UTES/V8 SUPERCARS ALLIANCE
Old 5 Mar 2015, 02:13 (Ref:3511876)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
UTE DRIVER ISSUES STATEMENT OVER CLIPSAL CRASH

Old 5 Mar 2015, 04:57 (Ref:3511894)   #8
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Geez, by that rate, Paul Morris would be Senna compared to the drivers crashing here.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 06:06 (Ref:3511912)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Morris was one of the first to publicly offer his opinion on it
Old 5 Mar 2015, 07:09 (Ref:3511924)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Without seeing every angle, every incar, every data trace.. Mr Fane's words & explanation dont seem unreasonable...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Mar 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3511934)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
and i think there should be a lesson learnt for officials standing next to a gate also
Old 5 Mar 2015, 10:38 (Ref:3511985)   #12
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
and i think there should be a lesson learnt for officials standing next to a gate also
Agree, over the years as a flaggy, etc, we get told , don't lean on, stand near barriers on a street circuit. Only time you go there is to wave the appropriate flag otherwise don't get close, as they do move when hit .
However some ppl seem to want to get up close.
Even an open wheeler will move a barrier, Einstein knew that theory
Old 5 Mar 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3512000)   #13
TWRv12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Morris was one of the first to publicly offer his opinion on it
Maybe Morris, Ignall and Skaife can be on the CAMS tribunal
Old 10 Mar 2015, 08:01 (Ref:3513579)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
CotF Ute To Be Designed By Mr Fiorinotto

Curious that Pace wasnt used...
Old 10 Mar 2015, 22:57 (Ref:3513836)   #15
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will it look like a whiteboard?
Old 11 Mar 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3513983)   #16
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
CotF Ute To Be Designed By Mr Fiorinotto

Curious that Pace wasnt used...
Time to dig out the regs from original ute series that ran for a very short time with the Super Trucks in the early or was it mid-90s?
Old 12 Mar 2015, 03:07 (Ref:3514368)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Time to dig out the regs from original ute series that ran for a very short time with the Super Trucks in the early or was it mid-90s?
Yeah, I remember that series, it didn't take off and I almost LOL when I heard the marketing blurb. They suggested that tradies could buy a ute, race it on Sunday and use it for getting their tools to site Monday to Friday. Yeah, right! Who makes up this ****?
Old 12 Mar 2015, 03:20 (Ref:3514372)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Didnt Mr McKay win races in that championship?
Old 26 Mar 2015, 05:04 (Ref:3519652)   #19
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Agree, over the years as a flaggy, etc, we get told , don't lean on, stand near barriers on a street circuit. Only time you go there is to wave the appropriate flag otherwise don't get close, as they do move when hit .
However some ppl seem to want to get up close.
Even an open wheeler will move a barrier, Einstein knew that theory
you guys are "sissies"

look at these flaggies at 1985 touring car street race in windy Wellington.

Look at posts 1,5,33 &71 and comments in post 22.

These guys were actually on the corner as you can see from post 71, so cars went in front of them and behind them !!!

http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...et-Race-Photos
Old 26 Mar 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3519727)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
CAMS Boss Chasing Suspension For Mr Fane!

These CAMS bods are trying a bit hard arent they?

Wonder when this case might see the inside of a real courtroom? Mr van der Garde has freed up the Victorian Supreme Court, perhaps with this purpose in mind...
Old 26 Mar 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3519826)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
you guys are "sissies"

look at these flaggies at 1985 touring car street race in windy Wellington.

Look at posts 1,5,33 &71 and comments in post 22.

These guys were actually on the corner as you can see from post 71, so cars went in front of them and behind them !!!

http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...et-Race-Photos
Yes, some interesting health and safety in the past. Open pit lanes, photographers standing alongside the grid during the start and a whole host of other horrors. It's amazing anyone survived!

Having been at Surfers Paradise and seen a Ute move the wall back the large part of a metre I'm inclined to go with the modern advice.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 20:38 (Ref:3520027)   #22
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
CAMS Boss Chasing Suspension For Mr Fane!

These CAMS bods are trying a bit hard arent they?

Wonder when this case might see the inside of a real courtroom? Mr van der Garde has freed up the Victorian Supreme Court, perhaps with this purpose in mind...
Yet surely the Turn 8 incident was far more serious?

A driver blinded by his bonnet across his windscreen decides to drive through one of the most dangerous corners in Motorsport resulting in damage to other cars.

What possible reason could be given for not stopping off the racing line well before Turn 8? The straight leading to Turn 8 is one of the widest pieces of track in Australia with plenty of to park on the driver's right.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 23:58 (Ref:3520113)   #23
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

A driver blinded by his bonnet across his windscreen decides to drive through one of the most dangerous corners in Motorsport resulting in damage to other cars.

What possible reason could be given for not stopping off the racing line well before Turn 8? The straight leading to Turn 8 is one of the widest pieces of track in Australia with plenty of to park on the driver's right.
Yep, but that wasn't deliberate, just incredibly stupid!

I agree though, he should have been dragged over the coals for that, including paying for the other guys car.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 10:35 (Ref:3520258)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

It made no sense.. But the same kind of thing has happened in utes before without action

The CAMS boss actively chasing a different sentence for Mr Fane prejudices the appeal process doesnt it?
Old 16 Apr 2015, 23:35 (Ref:3528093)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
CAMS Wins - Geoff Fane Out Til 2016

Wonder if this might go to a conventional court for review?