Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Jan 2016, 10:45 (Ref:3605876)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Silverstone Classic

The biggest Classic/Historic Festival in the UK.
Old 18 Jun 2016, 06:02 (Ref:3651179)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Can this become the thread for the weekend or do we need a separate thread?

Anyway just wondering if there are any provisional entry lists around as we're a month away?

Particularly interested in the Various touring car rounds.

Apparently the HTCC will have over 50 cars including a Group A Merkur XR4Ti. Anyone know who's that car is?

Also can't wait to see the Can-Am'so!
Old 18 Jun 2016, 06:11 (Ref:3651182)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Can this become the thread for the weekend or do we need a separate thread?

Anyway just wondering if there are any provisional entry lists around as we're a month away?

Particularly interested in the Various touring car rounds.

Apparently the HTCC will have over 50 cars including a Group A Merkur XR4Ti. Anyone know who's that car is?

Also can't wait to see the Can-Am'so!
James, the calendar entry can be / is the thread! Two days ago I got confirmation that am on the Tony Dron grid in HTCC races, but no idea of the other entries yet! With 6 weeks to go still a bit early to expect anything meaningful, methinks.....
Old 18 Jun 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3651207)   #4
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
James, the calendar entry can be / is the thread! Two days ago I got confirmation that am on the Tony Dron grid in HTCC races, but no idea of the other entries yet! With 6 weeks to go still a bit early to expect anything meaningful, methinks.....
What car are you pedalling, Mike?
Old 18 Jun 2016, 10:51 (Ref:3651277)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What car are you pedalling, Mike?
Sorry Mike- orange one, not the yellow one. Dron Trophy is Gp1 cars, and will be interesting to see what percentage of the grid they make up!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 18 Jun 2016, 15:32 (Ref:3651707)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry Mike- orange one, not the yellow one. Dron Trophy is Gp1 cars, and will be interesting to see what percentage of the grid they make up!
A good event to promote the saleability Mike 😉
Old 20 Jun 2016, 06:50 (Ref:3653752)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm entered. Hopefully the engine is performing as it should now.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 10:34 (Ref:3653789)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm entered.
Hopefully the engine is performing as it should now.
And also on the day!
Old 21 Jun 2016, 06:11 (Ref:3654072)   #9
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I will be there from Thursday afternoon , fingers crossed that the weather will be better than the sodden Friday and Sunday of last year . Can Am keenly anticipated as a spectacle, regardless of the quality of racing per se- bit like the Gp C stuff. For on track racing little beats a 50 plus horde of screaming Formula Juniors into Village - now about the only corner, with Luffield, where you are in the same post code as the track action.

Touring cars - looks like an embarrassment of riches this year - as long I get to see a lot of sideways Cortinas, some even more sideways V8 heavy metal and get to hear a 635CSI in full cry I shall be happy.

And of course the creme de la creme - not F1 , much as I enjoy seeing cars from back in the day , but nowt beats a posse of Lola T70s .
Old 21 Jun 2016, 06:55 (Ref:3654086)   #10
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First bit of news for entries, in this weeks Motorsport they have Zak Brown and Untied Autosports running his Williams FW18 (ex Villeneuve) and McLaren MP4-16A (ex Hakkinen) in the Legends of Modern F1 demo's and also March 701 (ex Stewart) in the Masters F1 races.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3654651)   #11
Ciprian
Rookie

Scotland
Aberdeen del Mar
Ciprian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Submitted my entry today for the Giulia Super in U2TC, awaiting some good news.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3654680)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Going to be another bust weekend running from one paddock to the other for me. "again". Must bring scooter this year.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3654719)   #13
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Going to be another bust weekend running from one paddock to the other for me. "again". Must bring scooter this year.
You really should stop fantasising about the female form!
Old 23 Jun 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3654721)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
You really should stop fantasising about the female form!
O no another telling off from Mike. Sorry Mike.Just to go off topic how did the test go today.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3654739)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
O no another telling off from Mike. Sorry Mike.Just to go off topic how did the test go today.
Errr, obviously not wearing specs Iain- I've not said a word....

BTW Thought you didn't know what cars you were running there! (BBQ thread....)
Old 27 Jun 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3655386)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Right, I keep reading of 50+ entries promo blurb for HTCC on the Classic site but I cannot find any info on that on the club pages?
Old 27 Jun 2016, 12:51 (Ref:3655388)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Right, I keep reading of 50+ entries promo blurb for HTCC on the Classic site but I cannot find any info on that on the club pages?
Sorry James, MRL tell me that grid is full and now into reserve list, but that's all info have got!
Old 27 Jun 2016, 17:20 (Ref:3655433)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
In other news- the MRL races are all from the national paddock, therefore in mornings. Qualifying for HTCC is Friday morn, and race Sunday morn after Church break. Good news for me as means don't have to shuffle between paddocks!

Old 28 Jun 2016, 05:31 (Ref:3655540)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes good news. Hopefully a relatively relaxed weekend.
Old 30 Jun 2016, 13:09 (Ref:3655933)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
In other news- the MRL races are all from the national paddock, therefore in mornings. Qualifying for HTCC is Friday morn, and race Sunday morn after Church break. Good news for me as means don't have to shuffle between paddocks!

Goodo, i'll be headed that way when i'm there on the Friday then!!

If I turn up at your awning and find you aren't there i'll know you'll seen me coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes good news. Hopefully a relatively relaxed weekend.
Look forward to seeing you again
Old 30 Jun 2016, 13:12 (Ref:3655934)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup. We know now that my engine was seriously down on power so it wasn't just me.
Old 30 Jun 2016, 15:27 (Ref:3655955)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
If I turn up at your awning and find you aren't there i'll know you'll seen me coming
It'll mean the early warning system's working, James!

Will be good to see you- kettle is always on standby and beer in the fridge.....
Old 4 Jul 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3656930)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:

Will be good to see you- kettle is always on standby and beer in the fridge.....
Old 5 Jul 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3657132)   #24
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Provisional timetable for the Masters races

http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...R%20grids.pdf/
Old 5 Jul 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3657150)   #25
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Dangerous you saying this when Alan is around!!! How about wine for me?