Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Nov 2001, 22:53 (Ref:172222)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The privateers

It's that time again... The smaller teams are eyeing up their possibilities for new chassis.

One of those will probably be Lanesra Racing. They ran a Panoz LMP-1 Roadster at a couple of ELMS events and did a decent job.
Now my way of thinking, which is quite idealistic, suggests that Lanesra will be looking for a proven, fast, sprint racer for the FIA SCC. And it can't cost that much because Panoz have bought their car back for a bargain price. I think they have bought the SMG Courage C60 Judd and are looking to compete in the FIA SCC with it. It's fast, that's for sure. Perhaps in striking red....

That leaves SMG without a car and reports suggest that they are looking to the new R&S MK-3C. They ran two R&S's under the R&S banner last year and the car is simple and effective. If they will choose that one, they'll be a factor and it'll probably be fitted with the new judd KV5 which would make it more suited for Le Mans.
A R&S in speedy colours.

Third on my list is BMS Scuderia. It's obvious that if they continue with the FIA SCC they'' choose the Dallara with the new judd engine probably with two cars entered.

well those are my views. now it's your turn......
Old 8 Nov 2001, 23:03 (Ref:172234)   #2
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am really disappointed that the Crawford chassis hasn't made a bigger impact. I have been really up close on that car and it is extremely well buit. It is a rugged and handsome car and Max Crawford is a really friendly guy.

Most of the current generation LMP cars are just soooooo ugly, but the Crawford is actually pleasing to look at. I know it is silly to judge a racecar by it's looks, but racecars are supposed to be beautiful and most of the current cars aren't.

Bring back the roofs.
Old 8 Nov 2001, 23:11 (Ref:172242)   #3
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree on the Crawford, it really is a pretty car and I really hope the factory team can do great things with the car. they deserve it