Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Aug 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2512999)   #26
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We got a mention in Melbourne's Herald Sun today
Old 1 Aug 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2513010)   #27
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
We got a mention in Melbourne's Herald Sun today
here...

Quote:
AUSTRALIAN motorsport fans could see a return of the "2+4" meetings with the Australian Superbike Championship tipped to join the V8s at selected rounds next year.

Superbike champion Glenn Allerton was a guest of Ford Performance Racing yesterday and confirmed he and Suzuki's Josh Waters would run display laps at Sandown tomorrow.

A joint announcement between the superbike and V8 promoters on the day is expected to officially announce the tie-in.

The superbikes have suffered from not being able to secure TV rights, despite providing some of the country's toughest and tightest racing

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 1 Aug 2009, 09:44 (Ref:2513018)   #28
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a big Australian Bike fan this needs to happen - it will make the show stronger which is what the Superbike championship needs right now!
I am sure the powers that be will make sure safety comes first in all there 2+4 decisions...
Old 1 Aug 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2513442)   #29
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other question not asked then - IF this goes ahead - at what categories expense? (maybe two other categories given the changeover times and requirements for a 'National Championship' (although the bikes do tend to use less BS than cars - they never had PIARC members orchestrating their parade, warm up laps, championship starts etc)
Old 1 Aug 2009, 23:39 (Ref:2513587)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Confirmed
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Aug 2009, 23:55 (Ref:2513609)   #31
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome

Damn - be on my Honeymoon at Port Douglas

Babe, can we go to Phillip Island
Old 2 Aug 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2513830)   #32
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least we know the bikes wont be racing on street curcuits.......dont leave much then.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2513984)   #33
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let them loose around Mt. Panorama again- That'll sort the men from the boys
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 3 Aug 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2514567)   #34
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Ch7 having the TV rights to the V8's & Ten having the bike rights this is going to be a non championship round for the Superbikes.

I like how the press release says "First time in V8 history", I must've been dreaming at all those 2+4 ATCC / Superbike meetings at Calder, Winton, Phillip Island & Sandown.

Funny how VE$A uses the ATCC history when it suits them.

Wonder if the bikes will be treated the same way they were back in the 80's & 90's at these events??
Old 3 Aug 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2514673)   #35
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
With Ch7 having the TV rights to the V8's & Ten having the bike rights this is going to be a non championship round for the Superbikes.

Or maybe V8 Supercar Television will film the bike racing and on-sell it to ASBK for them to provide to Channel 10/ONE HD.

After all V8 Supercar Television is a television production business, and with the infrastructure there, I'd be very surprised if they have done the deal for them to race at PI without it being a criteria that they had to buy the television footage off them for show on 10/ONE.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 02:49 (Ref:2515124)   #36
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've seen it written somewhere that it's a non championship event but for the life of me cant remember where I saw it.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 06:35 (Ref:2517154)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
I've seen it written somewhere that it's a non championship event but for the life of me cant remember where I saw it.
Here

2x 10 lap non championship races
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Aug 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2517207)   #38
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it interesting to see how many bikes make it there. Motorcycling Australia have also just reduced the minimum amount of bikes for a Superbike race from 15 to 10 after the QR round where only 13 bikes showed up and they had to convince some superstock 1000 riders to cross enter.

Yamaha are not going and the stories are similar for Kawasaki too. So I think its a bold move to suggest that there wil be 30 bikes there unless the feild will be full of superstockers and not superbikes.

However the majority of the V8 crowd would not no the difference.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2517234)   #39
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
30 bikes - only 27 at Eastern Creek today for ASBK round, including about 15 Superstockers...
Old 7 Aug 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2517306)   #40
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorbikes...........only good for posties.........boring as bats@#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 Aug 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2517334)   #41
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Yeah...
Old 8 Aug 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2517641)   #42
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFC View Post
Motorbikes...........only good for posties.........boring as bats@#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With all the overtaking, slipstreaming and 2-3 wide racing is an obvious how boring it is

I wonder if this an example of the reaction of some of the uneducated v8 fans out there
Old 8 Aug 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2517753)   #43
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
With all the overtaking, slipstreaming and 2-3 wide racing is an obvious how boring it is

I wonder if this an example of the reaction of some of the uneducated v8 fans out there
I think that you will find that Mr BFC isnt a fan of supertaxis either
Old 8 Aug 2009, 09:41 (Ref:2517758)   #44
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
Quote:

I think that you will find that Mr BFC isnt a fan of supertaxis either
Old 8 Aug 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2517769)   #45
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrible s.s.t.t.utter there bludvl..
Old 9 Aug 2009, 03:55 (Ref:2518210)   #46
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder what he does support...
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 10 Aug 2009, 00:26 (Ref:2518539)   #47
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clown

Quote:
It is amazing that you can continuously bag or offend anybody or anything connected to V8 Supercars on a forum that is dominated by people who wish to discuss it, for both good and bad. Your vernacular is always laced with pompous, self righteous and sometimes like the above, derogatory inference and yet somehow (there appears to be a grey area with moderators) you are not attacking the poster or posters...

Well so there is no grey area with my comments I will declare upfront that the following is intended to offend and personally attack the poster.

DRT, you are a twit and need to go and join a chess club, knitting group, or social group for unloved or unwanted sooky lala's … Anything, but hanging around here dribbling on with your tiresome waffle. Bugger off.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 02:33 (Ref:2518557)   #48
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it must be remembered that while the Australian Superbike Championship is not the strongest it has ever been right now, it wasn't full grids either when they first joined the touring cars at the ATCC finale at Oran Park in 1991.

It was built up though and in 1992 the grids were bigger and the talent we saw racing Australian Superbikes at ATCC rounds in 1992 (Mat Mladin, Troy Corser et al) were second to none, and over the next 6 years they proved extremely popular, so popular infact that the V8 support races were their own series, seperate to their national championship

No reason we can't have similiar results this time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
DRT, you are a twit and need to go and join a chess club, knitting group, or social group for unloved or unwanted sooky lala's … Anything, but hanging around here dribbling on with your tiresome waffle. Bugger off.
DRT hit a nerve there bazil?
Old 10 Aug 2009, 03:55 (Ref:2518568)   #49
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post

Is that what you really think Bazil?
Old 10 Aug 2009, 04:13 (Ref:2518570)   #50
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
DRT hit a nerve there bazil?
Call it what you like Racer... Insulting anyone on these forums based on thier motorsport tastes is not something I indulge in.