Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Nov 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1759058)   #1
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STCC 2007 News, Rumours, Entries...

Yes, it has begun. So far a few teams have confirmed their participation in next year's championship. What are your thoughts? Who will be back, who'll be new and so on?
Old 6 Nov 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1759129)   #2
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we will se the exit of a number of top drivers. Hopefully Thed Björk is one of them to DTM.

Some young guns will be there, such as Simonsen.

In terms of cars I think BMW will dominate even more, unless some team gets hold of a compettetive SEAT Léon, which I doubt. Would be interestning to see some more makes, such as Chevrolet. They're going for it in Denmark, why not in Sweden?

Title contenders for next year? Well, Flash will be the team to beat. West Coast Racing will also be very strong if they get the budget for the new E90, which I think they will. Hopefully Audi will continue their strong form, I can't see any indications of them leaving. Peugeot are pretty much confirmed, I hope they can deliver a better car for Stureson this year.

Unless the Volvo team comes up with something drastic, like the new S40 hint hint, I think they will slip further back. Yes, they do have excellent drivers and a very good team. But the S60 is getting older & older. Without the same support from the manufacturer that BMW and Audi have, I don't think they can be on the same level.

Hopefully Opel will get some more speed in their new Astra. There is a good chance that they will when Vauxhall switches to S2000-cars in BTCC. Will be interestning to see their new driver. Rustad?

Another interestning thing is what the Picko Troberg team will do next season. The E46 BMW they ran this year won't be competetive next season. Some hints have been made of a compeltely new manufacturer. Chevvy? SEAT? The team is good and D.Björk is very fast, if they keep him, that is.

Engström's Honda will be as strong as ever. Indications have been made that we will see two Accord's next year. If Honda enters, as rumoured, WTCC next year things will be even better for the team.

The Mercedes-team will continue next year, which is really good news. Johansson and his team really deserve some good results after all their efforts. The Mercedes has got potential, just lacking funds compared to the others. But to be only about a second per lap slower, and sometimes not even that, compared to the manufacturer teams is very impressive.

Wow, that became a lot of text, hehe...
Old 6 Nov 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1759260)   #3
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About time! Been waiting for this topic.

Good news so far, only hope to hear some good news from SVT too, that would really make my day.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1759264)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
Unless the Volvo team comes up with something drastic, like the new S40 hint hint, I think they will slip further back. Yes, they do have excellent drivers and a very good team. But the S60 is getting older & older. Without the same support from the manufacturer that BMW and Audi have, I don't think they can be on the same level.
Any chance Volvo will build a 5-door C30 (S30 or H30 ) in the near future?

Quote:
Hopefully Opel will get some more speed in their new Astra. There is a good chance that they will when Vauxhall switches to S2000-cars in BTCC. Will be interestning to see their new driver. Rustad?
Probably Vauxhall will use the Vectra. Don't know if Opel has the budget to switch the 1 year old Astra for a new Vectra. Besides that is Vauxhall willing to sell their new car? I think Opel will not benefit before 2008.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1759460)   #5
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Reading between the lines young Martin Kudzak will return to Sweden to do STCC. We shall see.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1759772)   #6
Thommy
Racer

Germany
Kulmbach, Bavaria
Thommy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Rustad ever return to road-racing? He did a great come-back at ralleycross...
Old 7 Nov 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1759824)   #7
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Edman could be on the move to STCC after his DTC Peugeot team leaves DTC.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 11:36 (Ref:1759851)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
hear some good news from SVT too, that would really make my day.
Unless STCC themselves decide to improve their TV-situation I wouldn't hold my breath - as long as STCC seems to be content with the appalling TV-coverage SVT won't be interested in improving it.

The TV/video area is something STCC could learn a lot about from DTC. If I'm not mistaken the races are shown live on Danish TV and I know that DTC puts out professionally made season reviews on DVD.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1759852)   #9
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping Roger Eriksson could find a seat. Or is he aiming for something else? Like ADAC Polo Cup or something?
Old 7 Nov 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1760231)   #10
DPRacing
Racer

Sweden
Lund
DPRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Edman could be on the move to STCC after his DTC Peugeot team leaves DTC.
Yes! He´s my favourite driver
Old 7 Nov 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1760281)   #11
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen
I'm hoping Roger Eriksson could find a seat. Or is he aiming for something else? Like ADAC Polo Cup or something?
Didn't he test for Audi, or am I all wrong here? If Björk goes to DTM we have an empty seat that needs filling.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1760328)   #12
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Eriksson tested for Audi.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1761402)   #13
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rudholm looks set to continue with West Coast Racing next season and hopes it will be finalized before Christmas, according to STCC.se.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1761460)   #14
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Mattias Andersson is selling his Alfa Romeo. I guess he'll probably get a "new" one from N.Technology?

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/viewlisting.php?view=3558
Old 9 Nov 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1761650)   #15
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For sale in Autosports ads as well. Its quite an old car really. (03-spec with some upgrades)
Old 13 Nov 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1764859)   #16
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Opel had started their -07 testing at Gelleråsen/Karlskoga. Thomas Johansson (who you may remember drove for Opel in 1998) did the testing. The ambition for Opel for next season is to run both the Astra GTC and the Astra Coupe. Andreas Simonsen (S60 Challenge champion) and Thomas Faraas (Second in JTCC) have tested the Astra Coupe.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1771420)   #17
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
There will be no race at Falkenberg in 2007. Falkenberg's MK has decided not to risk it as they are running very tight on money.

Link (in Swedish):
http://www.teknikensvarld.se/motorsp...stcc/index.xml
Old 21 Nov 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1771585)   #18
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has the fixture list for 2007 been anounced yet?
Old 21 Nov 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1771667)   #19
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS
Has the fixture list for 2007 been anounced yet?
Nope. Mantorp and Karlskoga have been confirmed for 07 though.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1771741)   #20
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Looks like it could be one or two rounds at Sturup Raceway as well.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1771799)   #21
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Looks like it could be one or two rounds at Sturup Raceway as well.
Did you get it from Sportinfo?

Quote:
Från tre håll har vi i dag däremot fått höra att det kan bli två deltävlingar på Sturup Raceway vilket vi inte kunnat få bekräftelse på.
"Three different sources says that there could be two races at Sturup Raceway, but we have not been able to confirm that."

Hardly sounds written in stone. At what level is Sturup Raceway? Enough to host DTC I know, but as Falkenberg couldn't host in 2007 because of them not being able to upgrade the track... I also wonder who the sources are?
Old 21 Nov 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1771827)   #22
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
I've heard it from other sources than Sportinfo, but I wouldn't call it reliable.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1772440)   #23
eltong
Rookie

New Zealand
Back home in NZ!!!!
eltong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evening Guys,

Am looking at driving in the STCC next season but:
a - don't know any teams over here
b - can only just manage to speak Swedish at the moment but can't read so the STCC web site isn't getting me very far!!!

I am planning to go to Stockholm this weekend to the Bilsportmässen to try and get somewhere.

Thanks for any suggestion. If you don't want to put your name to anything publicly drop me an email at elton@eltongoonan.com
Old 22 Nov 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1772485)   #24
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltong
Evening Guys,

Am looking at driving in the STCC next season but:
a - don't know any teams over here
b - can only just manage to speak Swedish at the moment but can't read so the STCC web site isn't getting me very far!!!

I am planning to go to Stockholm this weekend to the Bilsportmässen to try and get somewhere.

Thanks for any suggestion. If you don't want to put your name to anything publicly drop me an email at elton@eltongoonan.com
Good to hear! I don't know how much help a simple fan like me can be, but anyway. A quick rundown of the teams then:

West Coast Racing - Works BMW team. Raced with Huisman and Rudholm this season. Rudholm is set to stay for 07, but Huisman might go WTCC. Team owner is Dick Jönsson-Wigroth.

Flash Engineering - Non-works BMW team but at the same level or better. Looks like they're keeping current driver lineup of Jan Nilsson (teamowner and two-times champion) and two-times champion Richard Göransson for next season.

Elgh Motorsport - Well-funded BMW team that had troubles producing good results this season, with the notable exception of finishing 2nd in the final race. Driver Carl Rosenblad is strongly connected to the team and will very much likely stay for another season.

Engström Motorsport - Honda team with Tomas Engström as the driver. Has been a one-car outfit for quite some time, but ran two cars in 2004. Have an old -04 Civic eating dust in the garage.

Polestar Racing - The Volvo team. Dahlgren got one race win this season. No drivers confirmed for next season - Dahlgren might be looking to go international and Storckenfeldt didn't produce any good results...

Opel Team Sweden - The Opel team. Have parted ways with driver Niklas Karlsson and doesn't seem to have any obvious candidates for 2007 (for the main car that is - Younger drivers have tested for the Junior team in the old BTCC Astra).

IPS - Peugeot team. Stureson is set for another year, but who'll drive in the other car? Söderberg hardly produced the goods.

MB Sport - Mercedes. Have also parted ways with one of their drivers and is looking for a replacement. A bit off the pace throughout the season, but showed great speed at the final round.

Kristoffersson Motorsport - Audi, reigning champions. I guess they will keep the current lineup. If Thed Björk goes to DTM, team manager Tommy Kristoffersson will have to find a replacement.

Then you've got the Alfa team (MA GP/CaWalli, strongly tied to this year's driver Mattias Andersson) and Picko Troberg Racing who drove will continue with the same driver and car. And of course there's a number of privateers out there.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1772939)   #25
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Volvo goes bio-ethanol.