Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2819542)   #1
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
Kevin Cooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750 mile race at Nurburgring, November 2010

Guys,

Some of the Historic S2000 crowd were approched late last September by the German HRA to enter this 750 mile race at the Nurburgring but we couldn't get our act togther in time.

I'm pretty sure its on the GP Circuit not the Nordschleife, it's apparently the longest Historic race in the world!.

Did anyone on this forum race in the event or does know anything about it.

Thanks

Kevin
Old 23 Jan 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2819555)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's a start but I'm sure Terry Bower will know more.

http://www.berlin-classics.de/racing.html
Old 23 Jan 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2819561)   #3
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've helped out with a '78 Tiga on several occasions, and Delta has driven in it. It is on the GP circuit, and there is a real mixture of cars from Fiat Abarths to Mustangs and Camaros. The Sports 2000s tend to be amongst the quickest cars overall, but you have to watch out for V8s passing you on the straight, pulling in front of you, and then hitting the brakes 100m before you would.

Great fun, though, and a meal in the Tiergarten is not to be missed!
Old 23 Jan 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2819608)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cooke View Post
Guys,

Some of the Historic S2000 crowd were approched late last September by the German HRA to enter this 750 mile race at the Nurburgring but we couldn't get our act togther in time.

I'm pretty sure its on the GP Circuit not the Nordschleife, it's apparently the longest Historic race in the world!.

Did anyone on this forum race in the event or does know anything about it.

Thanks

Kevin
WE were allready to race Kevin in my freinds Tiga SC 78. Meeting got canned.Lack of entries and bad weather
Old 24 Jan 2011, 05:42 (Ref:2819725)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although it's possible to have fabulous weather over there in November,I cannot understand why they try and stage this enduro at this time of year.Think they really should look for an ealier date,probably get a lot more interest as it rightly deserves.
Old 24 Jan 2011, 07:35 (Ref:2819741)   #6
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
Kevin Cooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
WE were allready to race Kevin in my freinds Tiga SC 78. Meeting got canned.Lack of entries and bad weather
I will enquire via Marcel Biehl of the German HRA if it's planned to run it this year, BTW he runs a Lola T492 in the German Endurance Cup and it was that car that won the 4 hour race a the Spa Summer Classic last year.

If it's on I intend to try and drum up some entries from the UK, would you do it this year?

How many drivers were you planning to do it with, I was thinking 3?

Regards

Kevin
Old 24 Jan 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2819821)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep we are ready to race. Marcel is a 10/10ther. I think there are a few probs with organisers at the moment. Marcel is busy moving workshops ATM. BTW we would race over here if there were some two driver enduro races,You definitely need 3 or 4 drivers for the 750 mile.
Be brilliant to have some more cars from the UK.
Old 24 Jan 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2819997)   #8
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I've helped out with a '78 Tiga on several occasions, and Delta has driven in it. It is on the GP circuit, and there is a real mixture of cars from Fiat Abarths to Mustangs and Camaros. The Sports 2000s tend to be amongst the quickest cars overall, but you have to watch out for V8s passing you on the straight, pulling in front of you, and then hitting the brakes 100m before you would.

Great fun, though, and a meal in the Tiergarten is not to be missed!
I echo all than Alan says. I co-drove in Delta's 1978 Tiga on more than one occassion in the early naughties. It is great fun. The standard of some of the driving, however, leaves a lot to be desired.