Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Feb 2016, 20:34 (Ref:3614935)   #76
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I prefer it too. It fits the template of a Formula E street circuit much better. Tempelhof was almost too much of a blank canvas to come up with an interesting circuit.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3614946)   #77
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzo View Post
kinda like the new track more than Tempelhof.
I don't. But it seems interesting anyway, it remembers AVUS a little bit.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 21:29 (Ref:3619677)   #78
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lol this is amazing marketing I must say.

Old 4 Mar 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3619987)   #79
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Spec racing forever.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123119
Old 4 Mar 2016, 22:43 (Ref:3620035)   #80
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The chassis isn't too pretty, but it's fine it to be spec, as it's not the focus of the championship.

But spec batteries? That's depressing. I'd love to see batteries fight with supercapacitors, inertia wheels and hydrogen.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 23:21 (Ref:3620048)   #81
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One hopes the manufacturers have been asked what they think...

The spec chassis makes perfect sense. There's nothing to be gained by having open chassis competition when that isn't what FE is about, or needs to be about.

If the teams were consulted, then perhaps the lack of battery competition is tacit admission that they haven't got the resources to spend on it. It wouldn't be surprising given the relatively low-key status of the championship so far.

I don't think they will reach their goal of doing the races on a single charge without battery competition, or else running at pointlessly low speed. Not that I am bothered much personally by the car change. Is it really any different to refueling or changing tires in other series?
Old 5 Mar 2016, 00:53 (Ref:3620067)   #82
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Actually, I'm bothered by the lack of power. The cars look slow on television.

They should do multiple races (like rallycross). That would allow to increase power.
Old 5 Mar 2016, 09:46 (Ref:3620160)   #83
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not good.

There will be a stalemate on the technical research, the electrical engines will be developed but the series needs absolutely a battery manufacturer who fits the new regulations in terms of kW power increasing.

I agree on the fact that Formula E should run two races with distance halved, the car changing is a random featuring and I still don't like it.
Old 9 Mar 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3621618)   #84
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
There's a good article on motorsport.com about what Formula E will look like in five years time with comments from drivers and team principals.
http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/...e-in-2018/?s=1

None of it really answers the question of whether progress would be faster with open competition, but some of the insight is interesting nevertheless.

In other news Aguri will be running a Gulf livery this weekend. Looks quite good I think http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/...e-team-678282/
Old 12 Mar 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3622344)   #85
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heads up to UK viewers, if you have Virgin Media there's a special Formula E channel for the day (996) as Mexico is not live on ITV4.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3622357)   #86
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
Heads up to UK viewers, if you have Virgin Media there's a special Formula E channel for the day (996) as Mexico is not live on ITV4.
Is also live on BT sport Europe at 9.45pm-sky channel 414
Old 15 Mar 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3623059)   #87
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ce=mostpopular

"The day will come [for the batteries] . . ."

Agag opposing chassis development indefinitely, Griffiths and Alain Prost agree.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3623355)   #88
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BMW and Nissan are in talks to join the Formula E.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ormula-e-talks
Old 18 Mar 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3624016)   #89
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Both Renault and Nissan?

BMW THe Ultimate Driving Machine doesn't rhyme with the current Formula E cars.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 05:18 (Ref:3627385)   #90
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://current-e.com/chatter/exclusi...r-for-venturi/

Ferrari veteran Mazzola to Venturi
Old 2 Apr 2016, 22:52 (Ref:3629664)   #91
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ready for the Long Beach round.
Old 2 Apr 2016, 23:52 (Ref:3629675)   #92
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Ready for Di Grassi's traditional post-win DSQ.
Old 2 Apr 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3629676)   #93
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, it's gonna be the DSQ hat trick if he makes it.
Old 2 Apr 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3629677)   #94
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good showing for team ABT. Too bad for Bird.
He had a good start.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 06:26 (Ref:3629760)   #95
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Almost perfect race for Abt, dreadful for e.Dams.

Disappointed for Da Costa. Sent to the back after winning pole and then his car broke down after he'd fought his way back into the top ten.

Special mention for Dario Franchitti, who had to commentate almost solo alongside a clearly underprepared Bob Varsha, and did a very good job I thought.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 10:07 (Ref:3629801)   #96
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Buemi's folded under pressure and made big errors when he's had little competition, what's he going to do now diGrassi and Abt Audi are clearly in the fight?
Old 3 Apr 2016, 11:28 (Ref:3629830)   #97
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post

Special mention for Dario Franchitti, who had to commentate almost solo alongside a clearly underprepared Bob Varsha, and did a very good job I thought.
Very observant good point. Dario is finding a good home with this series.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 11:28 (Ref:3629831)   #98
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
If Buemi's folded under pressure and made big errors when he's had little competition, what's he going to do now diGrassi and Abt Audi are clearly in the fight?
I don't think this was a case of buckling under pressure. It was a simple misjudgment. In fact, I'm not so sure he was under any great pressure at all.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 12:05 (Ref:3629840)   #99
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
I don't think this was a case of buckling under pressure. It was a simple misjudgment. In fact, I'm not so sure he was under any great pressure at all.

I meant over the course of the whole season. My point is that he's never been under any actual pressure but he keeps cracking and making big errors
Old 3 Apr 2016, 13:01 (Ref:3629853)   #100
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
You are right, but many other drivers have been making mistakes at least as regularly as Buemi, not least Sam Bird in yesterday's race. Di Grassi on the other hand hasn't put a foot wrong since the cars rolled off the grid in Beijing last season, never mind this one. Of course, Buemi is fighting for the championship so he needs to start taking a leaf out of Di Grassi's book.