Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 19 May 2017, 20:06 (Ref:3734530)   #466
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember being in France about 10 years ago and Olivier Anne getting very aggressive with someone trying to take a photo of the engine which had been removed from his car.
Its not that new all this secrecy
Old 19 May 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3734553)   #467
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Remember being in France about 10 years ago and Olivier Anne getting very aggressive with someone trying to take a photo of the engine which had been removed from his car.
Its not that new all this secrecy
Just one incident though and doesn't reflect the sport at that time.
Old 20 May 2017, 01:02 (Ref:3734569)   #468
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
Looking at engines is over in RX... Seems to be Top secret!

Sven Smeets (VW Motorsport) stated in an interview: "Coming close to drivers and teams is the DNA of rallycross"

Yeah, bugger, he probably refers to the autograph signing sessions (which I consider something for the kids). Still can't see the problem as all the secret stuff like cams, compression ratio, mapping and ALS isn't visible anyway from the outside.

For me the cars have always been the star, all great driver names wouldn't be that great if they drove a stock hatch.
Old 21 May 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3734856)   #469
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
Still can't see the problem as all the secret stuff like cams, compression ratio, mapping and ALS isn't visible anyway from the outside.
I don't agree with this. I think there is still a lot of technical flexibility within the regulations and you could potentially glean a lot of information from a photo. Engine inclination, turbo orientation, ALS configuration... there are a lot of variables outside the engine to be experimented with.

I would say VW have the biggest reason for secrecy as they have tried something really different with the Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
For me the cars have always been the star, all great driver names wouldn't be that great if they drove a stock hatch.
I fully agree with this though. It was the cars themselves that first brought me to rallycross and, although I really like the way some of the famous drivers handle their cars, I'd be just as happy seeing an unknown driver thrashing the cars. For that reason it's a damn shame that we can't learn more about them!
Old 26 Jun 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3747029)   #470
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some testing pictures posted on the Loheac Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/loheacrx/po...03096613110667

Couple of interesting shots of the PSRXVW Polos:

The car in the background looks like one of the rallycross cars, but the Polo in the foreground looks like the 2017 WRCar test mule...

...some sort of comparison testing going on, or has the 2017 WRCar been adopted as the test mule for the rallycross program?