Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 May 2017, 06:53 (Ref:3734596)   #326
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Are they doing the silly no coverage for Race 1 thing again?
No live coverage of race 1 sadly, but looks like R1 highlights and live R2 and R3 from 13:30 on SVTPlay.
Old 20 May 2017, 15:41 (Ref:3734671)   #327
thlbtcc
Veteran

It's odd. There was some decent racing at times, but I feel afar from the action. Perhaps the lack of sound from the cars or the spread-out field?
Old 20 May 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3734697)   #328
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Kristoffersson competed against himself mostly today. The field was quite spread out.
Old 20 May 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3734722)   #329
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
It's odd. There was some decent racing at times, but I feel afar from the action. Perhaps the lack of sound from the cars or the spread-out field?
I think it's a combination, the video production is far from good. No on-board cameras certainly doesn't help either.
Old 20 May 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3734736)   #330
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
"Veni, vidi, vici" - Kristoffersson
Old 22 May 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3735256)   #331
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I think it's a combination, the video production is far from good. No on-board cameras certainly doesn't help either.
This is true. Hopefully these get added at a later date.
Old 22 May 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3735257)   #332
thlbtcc
Veteran

Uh-oh - http://www.touringcartimes.com/2017/...s-in-the-stcc/

Seems fair enough.
Old 23 May 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3735426)   #333
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The racing was good (I was on location) but the TV production was not.
Old 23 May 2017, 07:47 (Ref:3735430)   #334
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
"Veni, vidi, vici" - Kristoffersson
Makes you wonder why he hasnt been picked up by any big team in any of the big international series. He reminds a lot about Mattias Ekström in the beginning of his career, he can basicly jump into any car, and win straight away. As shown by he's earlier STCC, Carrera Cup and Italian Superstars titles.
Old 23 May 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3735431)   #335
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Makes you wonder why he hasnt been picked up by any big team in any of the big international series. He reminds a lot about Mattias Ekström in the beginning of his career, he can basicly jump into any car, and win straight away. As shown by he's earlier STCC, Carrera Cup and Italian Superstars titles.
....and this season an FIA WorldRX title, hopefully!
Old 26 May 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3736214)   #336
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
During his Superstars period I assumed he would join Audi as a factory driver for DTM or GT3.
Old 27 May 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3736299)   #337
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
During his Superstars period I assumed he would join Audi as a factory driver for DTM or GT3.
In 2013 he ran the Italian GT as Audi factory driver. Then I think he had physical problems (a paresis, if I remember correctly) and he returned to his family's team in Rallycross.
Old 29 May 2017, 05:49 (Ref:3737039)   #338
Lando
Rookie

Lando should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He is in a quite comfortable position in the family team, with preferential treatment and budget for multiple programs that includes a World Championship program.

He is also strongly connected with the family team and Volkswagen Sweden.

Probably explains why other teams are not knocking too hard on this door, and why he isn't so open for other opportunities. He is in a comfortable position.
Old 29 May 2017, 18:59 (Ref:3737207)   #339
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Maybe he hasn't gotten any interesting offers? I mean one could be comfortable in a family team but offers to race in a bigger series is something probably no one would reject.

It is true that he is in a comfortable position with his links to his fathers team and VW Sweden. However, when KMS started their rallycross effort he was all-in and since then his mind has been set on rallycross.

Before this season he had a few offers from some rallycross teams and KMS weren't going to keep competing in rallycross. Petter Solberg, with backing from VW and VW Sweden, asked Kristoffersson if he wanted to join the team, which he did. I am pretty sure he would have said yes even if VW Sweden wasn't involved.
Old 30 May 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3737475)   #340
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Maybe his love for rallycross keeps him in rallycross but it would surprise me if he hasn't any interesting offers from GT3 teams.
Old 4 Jun 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3738481)   #341
Lando
Rookie

Quote:
Maybe his love for rallycross keeps him in rallycross but it would surprise me if he hasn't any interesting offers from GT3 teams.
Mind you that most seats in GT3, even for pros's, requires funding.

So again something he won't need to bring to the family team as long as it is funded by Volkwagen Sweden he will have a comfortable paid seat there.

He is also so connected to the own team, his whole career for better or worse is all through the family team so there is a bit of a question mark around that and how he would perform in other environments I guess.

He is a great driver but some results has been helped. His dominance at Finland was impressive but was helped with a favourable weight and tire situation.
His title in STCC was basically without competition and helped by the turbo advantage.
His dominance in Carrera Cup was in part also helped by how the team could afford to do tests and always maximise the tyre regulations where others couldn't due to funding.

Do not intend to discredit him at all as a driver, he is really good, but I think his reputation is too closely linked to drive in the family team for others be willing to make a move on him. His drive for PWR last year was all KMS behind the scenes even. PWR had nothing to do with that car and the team on his car.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the day comes when KMS is no longer funded by Volkswagen Sweden group and can't continue.
Old 4 Jun 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3738685)   #342
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando View Post
Mind you that most seats in GT3, even for pros's, requires funding.

So again something he won't need to bring to the family team as long as it is funded by Volkwagen Sweden he will have a comfortable paid seat there.

He is also so connected to the own team, his whole career for better or worse is all through the family team so there is a bit of a question mark around that and how he would perform in other environments I guess.

He is a great driver but some results has been helped. His dominance at Finland was impressive but was helped with a favourable weight and tire situation.
His title in STCC was basically without competition and helped by the turbo advantage.
His dominance in Carrera Cup was in part also helped by how the team could afford to do tests and always maximise the tyre regulations where others couldn't due to funding.

Do not intend to discredit him at all as a driver, he is really good, but I think his reputation is too closely linked to drive in the family team for others be willing to make a move on him. His drive for PWR last year was all KMS behind the scenes even. PWR had nothing to do with that car and the team on his car.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the day comes when KMS is no longer funded by Volkswagen Sweden group and can't continue.
Firstly, KMS had offers from other manufactures before this season to run their brands. If VW Sweden dropped out KMS probably wouldn't quit, they are a very competent team and many would hire them.

Secondly, Kristoffersson won the Italian Superstars series. Even if KMS were involved, it was a completely different environment for both KMS and Kristoffersson but he still won.

Thirdly, even if KMS ran the car last year in STCC with PWR's brand on it, why does it matter? It was still a one-make series and KMS didn't have an advantage over others really.

Further, KMS isn't involved with PSRX in WRX and VW Sweden is just sponsoring PSRX. PSRX got their own mechanics along with people from VW Motorsport and Kristoffersson was picked by Solberg to drive the second car. Kristoffersson is not being backed by either VW Sweden or KMS really and he is matching Solberg, could even be faster as well.

What impresses me is the fact that he can drive in different disciplines and still be fast, even in international championships.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 10:11 (Ref:3738739)   #343
Lando
Rookie

You are perhaps arguing against something I'm not making an argument for.

I'm not diminishing the talents and skills of Johan Kristoffersson as a racing driver. On the contrary.
I just think some of the reasons for him not being approached by other teams in various categories are his very strong links with his own family team that has been a constant throughout his career.
I do not blame him either for not taking the leap to other teams. He is in a very good position with the family team, so there's no reason for him to drive somewhere else.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 11:43 (Ref:3742510)   #344
thlbtcc
Veteran

Oh the sweet sweet sound of squeaky brakes!

Enjoyable race 2. Don't think I've seen a Stop & Go penalty in touring cars for quite some time...?
Old 22 Jun 2017, 09:15 (Ref:3745983)   #345
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't think I've seen a Stop & Go penalty in touring cars for quite some time...?
It's because of the short pits at Solvalla.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3751118)   #346
thlbtcc
Veteran

Interesting read on team tactics - https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...on-motorsport/
Old 14 Jul 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3751176)   #347
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see how it's a choice. Johan is in the hunt for the WRX title and can't finish the season. Ekblom has enough points to be in the fight. Blomstedt could have but has lagged too far behind. The only question now should be who (if any) should be put into Johan's car for the finale.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3758418)   #348
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Robin Fredriksson is temporarily going to replace Dennis Strandberg at Lestrup Racing for the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship races at Karlskoga this weekend.
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...estrup-racing/

Sounds like budget issues.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3758831)   #349
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joakim Darbom with Brovallen, starting from Anderstorp.

Good driver, in the Abarth 695 Trophy he is very fast.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3759188)   #350
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
No full tv/online coverage this weekend?