Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Jul 2017, 16:22 (Ref:3752179)   #51
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe a German TCR championship could run alongside it, like the STW series did. So what do people think about the loss of Lausitzring?
Old 18 Jul 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3752621)   #52
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
For me, DTM should go more towards Supercars-like touring car racing.
I definitely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I don't really understand why are you so sceptical about Berger and his plans.
Berger has damaged junior formula racing under his authority in FIA. Nearly every F3 championship in Europe has died.

I don't see him thinking big. He seems like continuity to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Wait, not TCR? I thought TCR was the be-all and end-all of touring car racing?
TCR are underpowered for DTM.
Old 19 Jul 2017, 14:47 (Ref:3752808)   #53
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
TCR are underpowered for DTM.
I agree. My first post was sarcastic in reference to every single other thread, from AUS, to BTCC, whereby the answer is always 'TCR'.
Old 19 Jul 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3752812)   #54
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So what do people think about the loss of Lausitzring?
It's not 'lost' is it? It's just changed ownership - by the sound of it races can still go ahead there.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3753086)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I thought it was being closed to the public?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3753093)   #56
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It's not 'lost' is it? It's just changed ownership - by the sound of it races can still go ahead there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I thought it was being closed to the public?
Hmmm - there seem to be conflicting views on this - Autosport definitely think it's closing but I'm sure I read elsewhere that Dekra weren't going to be organising any events but were happy to rent out the circuit to other organisers.

If it does close is it a major loss? Are there any other circuits in Germany that could take up the 'spare' round or would they look for another round outside of Germany (Brands Hatch please ).
Old 20 Jul 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3753108)   #57
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Oschersleben or the Sachsenring, I reckon. Is Diepholz still a going concern?
Old 21 Jul 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3753334)   #58
S griffin
Veteran

Imagine them at the Sachsenring, that would be a spectacle for all!
Old 22 Jul 2017, 07:51 (Ref:3753479)   #59
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lausitzring is not very spectacular circuit so DTM returning to Oschersleben or going to Sachsenring instead would be a good move.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 09:39 (Ref:3753488)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

Oscherslaben can produce close action, but apart from the fast chicane, the circuit doesn't really excite.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3753510)   #61
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's true but the fact that Oschersleben is not in the German premier series' calendar is quite difficult to understand.
Apart from that I would love to see, let's say, 12- round DTM calendar with more overseas races.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3753579)   #62
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't written here for ages, but today, as there're DTM races near me, it's a chance to describe my thoughts.
10 years ago I was still amazed by DTM and actually found this forum because of interesting conversations going on here. But today it's obvious that DTM bosses have gone very far in a wrong direction. Those rumours about a spec 2l engine - it's just "insane". TCR you say? It's going to be 2l "Supertourisme" - as they already have scaled bodyworks. I don't say that I'm full with autosport and totally lost any interest with all that standardisation going on, with BoP, with championships ruled by merchandise and advertising departments rather then pure petrolheads. And one of the most straight examples is DTM. Tons of pathos and a thin layer of sport under it mixed with overdose of command tactics.
As for Moscow round - I haven't gone there, even if it going to be the last Russian round (visitors' numbers are too small and organisers do not have any profit, but large spends for the rights to host the event). The schedule is nothing but strange - they have only DTM and, ironically, 2l Mitjets only. As for the destinations - it's OK, I'm ready to spend 5 hours in two trains to get me from my place to Volokolamsk-Raceway. But I do not ready to waste a day of my life for a rather naive advertising masked as a racing event. In fact, if they had a race in Sochi (1400 km from me), I'd rather go there. But as a travelling adventure. Not for racing at all.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3753728)   #63
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Halloa Helgi. Welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
I haven't written here for ages, but today, as there're DTM races near me, it's a chance to describe my thoughts.
10 years ago I was still amazed by DTM and actually found this forum because of interesting conversations going on here. But today it's obvious that DTM bosses have gone very far in a wrong direction. Those rumours about a spec 2l engine - it's just "insane". TCR you say? It's going to be 2l "Supertourisme" - as they already have scaled bodyworks. I don't say that I'm full with autosport and totally lost any interest with all that standardisation going on, with BoP, with championships ruled by merchandise and advertising departments rather then pure petrolheads. And one of the most straight examples is DTM. Tons of pathos and a thin layer of sport under it mixed with overdose of command tactics.
As for Moscow round - I haven't gone there, even if it going to be the last Russian round (visitors' numbers are too small and organisers do not have any profit, but large spends for the rights to host the event). The schedule is nothing but strange - they have only DTM and, ironically, 2l Mitjets only. As for the destinations - it's OK, I'm ready to spend 5 hours in two trains to get me from my place to Volokolamsk-Raceway. But I do not ready to waste a day of my life for a rather naive advertising masked as a racing event. In fact, if they had a race in Sochi (1400 km from me), I'd rather go there. But as a travelling adventure. Not for racing at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube View Post
The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.
Meh, now I don't wanna watch it anyhow.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 15:28 (Ref:3753774)   #64
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post

Meh, now I don't wanna watch it anyhow.
Wow, international DTM stream is not that international after all?
Old 23 Jul 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3753832)   #65
Matt K
Veteran

You have to admit that the recent round at Moscow Raceway was very exciting and thrilling. I enjoyed both races very much. What I think needs changing is the aero dependance of the cars. Changes they've made prior this season are not big enough, these cars are still too fragile and have too much wings and such things. For such a door-to-door racing, DTM should have definitely different cars. Once again - they should look up to Aussie Supercars or GT3 cars.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3753903)   #66
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet another enjoyable DTM race at the weekend, race 2 was a cracker. Of all the times in life to get into the DTM, ironically it's now. I'm finding the racing close and the strategy interesting. In the times when the forum consensus seems to be 'TCR 4 Life', I think we'll all miss these bespoke race machines.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3753904)   #67
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Oschersleben or the Sachsenring, I reckon. Is Diepholz still a going concern?
My vote if for Sachsenring, please.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3754031)   #68
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is this the end of DTM?

https://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/...-entry-934184/
Old 24 Jul 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3754035)   #69
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
EVERYONE TO THE PANIC STATIONS!!!!
Old 24 Jul 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3754039)   #70
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
With the latest news, yes, it's safe to say that DTM is ended. And I feel sorry for Super GT - they had to struggle with common monocoque and gained nothing for that.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3754065)   #71
Matt K
Veteran

Let's wait with the statements that this is the end of DTM, however I'm afraid that this could really be the end unless at least one new manufacturer comes in 2019.
It's a shame that Mercedes leaves because of Formula E switch. That's no good
Old 24 Jul 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3754068)   #72
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
EVERYONE TO THE PANIC STATIONS!!!!
If anyone needs a support network For such a situation please feel free to check out the sportscar forum. It is already in mourning.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3754069)   #73
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sh!t the bed. This is terrible news.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3754071)   #74
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Sh!t the bed. This is terrible news.
Naw, after 19 years of DTM 2.0 it's time for something new... the series really has become awfully stale over the last ten years.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3754076)   #75
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that is quite shocking news. More than anything, Mercedes was synonymous with DTM and vice versa.

I don't know where it stands with the general public, but corporate boardrooms are in love with FE.