Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 May 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3735840)   #26
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The action in general seems a little better than last year so far
Old 15 Jun 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3741583)   #27
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bump
Old 15 Jun 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3741658)   #28
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Let's see if BMW can recover.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3743018)   #29
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Took a LM24 break to watch (most of) this race, and boy did Audi screw it up. They dominated both qualifying and the race, but not a single one of their teams thought to cover the early stoppers. Not only losing a ton of positions/points, but with performance ballast, they'll likely be the slowest car in the 2nd race to boot.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3743150)   #30
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feel sorry for Rene Rast, quite enjoyed the race.

The top 3 were very, very, fortunate that Martin parked the car there...
Old 18 Jun 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3744868)   #31
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
Well, I was certainly wrong about that ballast prediction.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 11:24 (Ref:3745492)   #32
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My apologies to the group, just trying to get caught-up.

2017-06-30 to 07-02 Germany Norisring
2017-07-21 to 07-23 Russia Moscow
2017-08-18 to 08-20 Netherlands Zandvoort
2017-09-08 to 09-10 Germany Nürburgring
2017-09-22 to 09-24 Austria Spielberg
2017-10-13 to 10-15 Germany Hockenheim ll

Right then, as you were.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3746461)   #33
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Audi has decided Ekstrom will race at Norisring instead of WRX.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3746756)   #34
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
If Ekstrom had preferred to run in WRX, you'd think Audi would have let him...no? Dunno Fire, would he rather run in DTM, I take it?
Old 30 Jun 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3747985)   #35
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...focus-for-dtm/

Interview with Gerhard Berger. Honestly, I wasn't convinced when I learnt about his becoming ITR president, but now I've got the feeling that Berger is the right person on the right place. I just have the feeling that he can do something really good in DTM.
Old 1 Jul 2017, 17:55 (Ref:3748163)   #36
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Audi has decided Ekstrom will race at Norisring instead of WRX.
As it happens, Ekstrom the only Audi anywhere near the BMW train Race 1. Ekstrom et Maxime Martin late in the race (*spoiler* and *youtube* alert): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_O_c2Z5LcI

Happy Canada Day!
Old 1 Jul 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3748182)   #37
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I don't see Gerhard Berger thinking big. What I understand is stability, consistency, continuity.

He should be improving attendances and ratings. He should be looking for more manufacturers.

He seems focused to keep the three manufacturers happy with what they have, instead of thinkng about how DTM can grow.
Old 2 Jul 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3748405)   #38
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
What are the attendance figures this year, versus last say, NaBUru? Do you know? I wouldn't have the least idea.
Old 2 Jul 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3748406)   #39
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
That was a heck of a 2nd race, which is unusual for a dry street race, but marred by the terrible crash for Paffet and Rocky.

Still not a fan of the side-by-side restarts, DRS is enough.
Old 3 Jul 2017, 07:23 (Ref:3748574)   #40
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxx View Post
Still not a fan of the side-by-side restarts, DRS is enough.
It's all fun and games until someone gets injured.

The restarts, DRS and cold tyres have meant I've been watching the DTM this year, however. Really enjoyed the second race.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3748880)   #41
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
I'm with Divxx on this one, I don't see the Indy-style restarts as necessary or contributing really...meh.

Why is there no Race 2 re-live on the youtube channel? Only highlights! Is that new this year too : p

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 4 Jul 2017 at 11:48.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3748883)   #42
helmat
Rookie

Austria
Vienna
helmat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
I'm with Divxx on this one, I don't see the Indy-style restarts as necessary or contributing really...meh.

Why is there no Race 2 re-live on the youtube channel? Only highlights! Is that new this year too : p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veHtBk7Tqmg
Old 5 Jul 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3749078)   #43
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube View Post
The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.
But thank you all the same Helmat.
Old 5 Jul 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3749100)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That was a close race. Shame about the incident, glad they are both alright, shows the strength of the tin tops again. Need to see a better view of how Paffet hit the other car before hitting the wall
Old 14 Jul 2017, 15:05 (Ref:3751201)   #45
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Any developments on the unification with Super GT?
Old 15 Jul 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3751397)   #46
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Good question...not exactly falling all over themselves to make it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...focus-for-dtm/

Interview with Gerhard Berger. Honestly, I wasn't convinced when I learnt about his becoming ITR president, but now I've got the feeling that Berger is the right person on the right place. I just have the feeling that he can do something really good in DTM.
Q. Looking into the mid and long term, how do you see the convergence with the Japanese Super GT, the Class One, theoretically coming into force in 2019?

A. Right now we are focussed in our championship, in our own regulations. We know that FIA has the intention of doing something, but our focus is to strengthen our competition. If, in the future, we have a commercial and sporting opportunity that’s of interest for us, we will see what we do. But, right now, our focus is the present.

Old 17 Jul 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3752144)   #47
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
As I've always said, DTM needs more manufacturers, and the Class 1 project was a great opportunity.

- o -

The Lausitzring racetrack has been sold to Dekra, who is developing autonomous driving technology.

Dekra is open to renting the track to promoters of DTM, Superbikes or other races, but they won't organise races themselves.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3752148)   #48
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
links for above

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...lic-after-2017

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaf...-15109815.html (German)
Old 17 Jul 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3752150)   #49
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you really think that DTM needs unification with Super GT? As far as I'm concerned that not something super exciting. For me, DTM should go more towards Supercars-like touring car racing. And actually, I don't really understand why are you so sceptical about Berger and his plans. I don't know whether you've read this interview. He does want new manufacturers and this is something which is on his agenda but probably that won't happen very quickly.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3752159)   #50
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
. For me, DTM should go more towards Supercars-like touring car racing.
Wait, not TCR? I thought TCR was the be-all and end-all of touring car racing?