Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Jul 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3751353)   #276
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller View Post
One of the most sensible post on here.

If he tries another car and goes better, what do they do then?

If he tries another car and doesn't go better, what do they do then?
I think it is Plato who has the most to lose in swapping cars for a test.
As it currently stands, he can blame a bent chassis for his lack of results. If he goes quicker in another car then fine - he is proven right and pressure is on the team. If he is unable to go any quicker though it makes him the automatic No2 behind Sutton.
For BMR on the other hand, as it stands they have a car and driver combination challenging for the title. The result of Plato testing another car will either put pressure on them to fund a new car or admit that their highest profile driver is no longer competitive. They will lose reputation as a team either way.

So as long as Sutton is competitive BMR gain nothing in a car swap. And as long as there are public doubts about the chassis, Plato has an excuse to preserve his reputation.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 06:44 (Ref:3751357)   #277
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think it is Plato who has the most to lose in swapping cars for a test.
As it currently stands, he can blame a bent chassis for his lack of results. If he goes quicker in another car then fine - he is proven right and pressure is on the team. If he is unable to go any quicker though it makes him the automatic No2 behind Sutton.
For BMR on the other hand, as it stands they have a car and driver combination challenging for the title. The result of Plato testing another car will either put pressure on them to fund a new car or admit that their highest profile driver is no longer competitive. They will lose reputation as a team either way.

So as long as Sutton is competitive BMR gain nothing in a car swap. And as long as there are public doubts about the chassis, Plato has an excuse to preserve his reputation.
I do agree that Plato has the most to loose by trying another car, I also think that the pace difference between him and Sutton is not just down to a bent chassis.
However, I would think that if Plato's car is bent and that's the problem then BMR do lose credibility as a team as they're shown to be incapable of fielding a full set of competitive cars.
Plus, if it is the car and not Plato having lost his ability, by getting him into a car that's on the pace (as long as he's prepared to play the team game*), he could be Sutton's rear gunner and help take points off Ash's competitors for the title.
*Unfortunately I think this bit is a major flaw in my masterplan!
Old 15 Jul 2017, 07:21 (Ref:3751368)   #278
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well they've had the summer break to try and mend the bent chassis. Or can they not do that? Either way I wish this wouldn't keep dragging on