Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 May 2006, 09:24 (Ref:1603143)   #1
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Food, not so glorious food!!

During the last week of April the caterers in Chequers at Oulton Park have changed.

[Edited by the society for the prevention of cruelty to overused smileys.]

Last edited by Chris Y; 8 May 2006 at 10:00.
Old 8 May 2006, 09:27 (Ref:1603147)   #2
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't go in there anymore!
Daylight robbery and really naff foodage!
Old 8 May 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1603169)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what is wrong with it Kaybee?
Old 8 May 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1603178)   #4
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would prefer to let other people make their own judgements before I make any comment but am just letting everybody know that things are different in Chequers.
Old 8 May 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1603443)   #5
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kaybee, please let Jonathan Palmer know! After all, the Kentagon won the Motoring News(?), I think, survey on Race Track Catering, and he would not like another of his Circuits was not living up to that standard.
Old 8 May 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1603538)   #6
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the warning Kaybee. I make it a rule that I don't eat at any of the circuits where I don't think that I get good value for money. The ones that you do get good value for money are (and I know its been said before) Mallory and Castle Combe.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 8 May 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1603682)   #7
mick dickens
Racer

England
bollington
mick dickens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in reply to mike kellys good food guide i would like to say yes mallory is good compared to other circuits, but i do think standard of food has gone down all over the cicuits not just oulton, i have not bin to oulton yet as they did not want me for the F3/GT so i assume that is for all the meetings i was hopeing to go to, so i can only take mikes word on this, but mallory is not as good as it was 6 ish years ago. not done coombe yet must do it one day.
Old 8 May 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1603709)   #8
r.arthur
Racer

United Kingdom
bristol
r.arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i second the combe vote mike
Old 8 May 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1603727)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I have eaten at three different outlets at Brands this year and I was pleasantly surprized how good it was, very fresh bread, nicely prepared food epecially the ham and bacon and excellent coffee.
Old 8 May 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1603806)   #10
brsccnw
Racer

Scotland
Culcheth
brsccnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick dickens
i have not bin to oulton yet as they did not want me for the F3/GT so i assume that is for all the meetings i was hopeing to go to,
Mick

According to the volunteering database you have only volunteered for one meeting at Oulton Park this year and that was the F3/GT meeting and your name was passed onto Margaret Simpson to be included on the list. If you feel aggrieved at not receiving any info you should take it up with her.
As for any other meetings at Oulton Park if you fill out the volunteering form on the BRSCC NW website and send it back, we will gladly add your name to the list

BRSCC NW
Old 9 May 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1604095)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Food at Cadwell was better than the food at Brands this year, imo. Though not keen on plastic plates and cutlery.....Cadwell did the best bacon butties for early morning, or so I found!
Old 9 May 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1604115)   #12
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brands sausage butties are the best although the food at lydden is pretty good too!
Old 9 May 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1604120)   #13
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My lunch at Brands a few weeks back was caked in pepper....do they cook their sausages crispy crispy though? Crispy sausages and lots of ketchup is the proper way to eat them!
Old 9 May 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1604146)   #14
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
The problem I have is that, for club bike meetings, we are given a 'free' breakfast. Last Saturday I asked for Weetabix, only to be told that the new caterers don't do cereals! As I don't want a plateful of slimy greasy stodge at that time of day (or any other time, come to that!) I just had a cup of coffee.

An expensive cup of coffee for the club, a nice big profit for the caterers!

At the risk of reopening an old can of worms (which would probably be more palatable than some of the stuff I've seen on offer at circuits!), I DON'T want a 'free' breakfast - if clubs want to give me an incentive, give me cash & allow me the choice as to what I use it for.
Old 9 May 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1604157)   #15
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say a lunch voucher would be more preferable to a brekkie voucher or one which is valid all day so you can chose when to have the meal your entitled to.
Old 9 May 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1604253)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
*prods the thread back onto topic*
Old 9 May 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1604258)   #17
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BEST Hamburgers in North America from Executive Catering at Sebring...at a deep marshals' discount too!

..also, the Bratwust at Road America are noteworthy.

One man's opinion.
Old 9 May 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1604297)   #18
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
one which is valid all day so you can chose when to have the meal your entitled to.
That's the best way to do it, although I'm not really all that bothered if I don't get anything.......
Old 9 May 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1604301)   #19
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
ian_c_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best way to do it (yes yes, still off topic) is as the Opal FF meets at anglesey do it, cash in your hand! Breakfast, lunch, coffee, or just in your pocket and eat butties if you wish!
Old 9 May 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1604425)   #20
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_c_uk
The best way to do it (yes yes, still off topic) is as the Opal FF meets at anglesey do it
You'll find that is the case with all BRSCC NW and BARC NW meetings at Anglesey.
The FF boys and girls have, in past years kindly looked after us by arranging a BBQ after racing finishes.
Old 9 May 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1604434)   #21
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
ian_c_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know what? I don't do enough Anglesey events!
Old 9 May 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1604436)   #22
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Food at Cadwell was better than the food at Brands this year, imo. Though not keen on plastic plates and cutlery.....Cadwell did the best bacon butties for early morning, or so I found!
You must have gone to a different Cadwell to the one I go to, sarnies were good til they changed the rolls last year, now they are just about eatable, Mallory rules as far as bacon butties count!!
Old 9 May 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1604447)   #23
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As someone who frequents Brands on a regular basis, I find the food there to be excellent - fresh, hot and very enjoyable (the steak and Guinness pie a couple of weeks ago was superb)

If you have legitimate gripes about the quality of the food on offer, you could do no better than to pass your comments direct to JP - he takes a keen interest in matters relating to MSV circuits, and I'm sure he would be grateful of any feedback, good or bad. Simply going on an open forum to slate things will not achieve anything.

If you would like a contact email address, PM me and I'll forward it to you.

Phil
Old 9 May 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1604469)   #24
DWA
Racer

England
Enfield
DWA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might have known you would put a post on something FOOD related Phil.
Old 9 May 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1604473)   #25
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Yes I've heard that JP made sure all the food at Brands was changed after he had a breakfast meeting there and found the food quality to be lower than expected. Well done JP for sorting it out!