Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Feb 2015, 23:55 (Ref:3509468)   #901
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
For the racing to be anything like the BTCC was back in it's hey day, the driving standards and the rules in relation to it would need to change.

But we're talking about how it's portrayed on the telly here, so it's kinda irrelevent.
they had driving standards back in the BTCC hey day? I guess standard is all relative. From memory what made it exciting was that if you couldn't get passed legally you just pushed them off the road.

Lets hope we don't go back to BTCC hey day
Old 26 Feb 2015, 23:57 (Ref:3509470)   #902
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
In general, when a sport goes to, mainly, pay tv, the viewership and popularity declines. Added to the fact that motorsport has suffered a general decline as well it will be interesting where the V8's are at in 5 years time.
do you have another example of that that matches up with the current deal?
Old 27 Feb 2015, 00:08 (Ref:3509471)   #903
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The closest might be the split Sky / BBC deal for F1.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 00:36 (Ref:3509480)   #904
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I recorded all sessions yesterday (using series link btw) and am doing the same today (curse you work !) I found the coverage awesome but admit to fast forwarding a lot of the filler as my biggest issue was getting time to watch it all.

From what I did see of the interviews they weren't too bad but am guessing they may have gotten a little boring if you sat thru them all.

I particularly enjoyed the coverage of the TCM & Stadium Trucks (how awesome are these!)

All in all I am as happy as the proverbial pig. I had Foxtel previously so this is all just a bonus for me !
Old 27 Feb 2015, 02:45 (Ref:3509501)   #905
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bonus for us in NZ with this deal, we now get the practices as well. Still no support races, but I struggle to find the time to watch a weekend of the main game without having to worry about the supports too.

I probably won't watch a lot of the practices, but it's nice to have them recorded in case something interested is reported on, as is often the case, or just to watch if the time is spare.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 03:09 (Ref:3509502)   #906
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really enjoying the telecast of all the categories and sessions as a Foxtel customer since day dot. With so many changes in the Dunlop and GT series, it would be handy if they had something on screen to let the newer punters know who is in what manufacturer when they have the leaderboard up for lap times etc.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 03:46 (Ref:3509506)   #907
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I noticed #10 is using the 'Live & Free' slogan...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Feb 2015, 04:01 (Ref:3509508)   #908
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I noticed #10 is using the 'Live & Free' slogan...
The Seven "live and free" logo was blurred out of the Ten TV promo I saw earlier in the week.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 04:30 (Ref:3509511)   #909
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Potsie isnt too bad as a commentator on #10 but you do get the feeling that he hasnt met all the core people he is asked to contribute thoughts on..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Feb 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3509531)   #910
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Potsie isnt too bad as a commentator on #10 but you do get the feeling that he hasnt met all the core people he is asked to contribute thoughts on..
who's potsie?
Old 27 Feb 2015, 06:36 (Ref:3509534)   #911
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Rugby Union?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
who's potsie?
Webber
Old 27 Feb 2015, 07:19 (Ref:3509543)   #912
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
I am nearly two hours into the telecast and a big thank you for the TV deal.

Otherwise I don't know how I'd be able to watch the whole series on Ten if the tripe they have served up so far is any guide.

Two hours in and Ten have shown about 15 minutes of on track action.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 09:42 (Ref:3509579)   #913
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Can someone explain what happened in the V8 Ute race?

8 laps. 2 ad breaks. 3 and a half laps on Ten in total.

And because the commentators are calling for the ad free Foxtel coverage when the coverage comes back from a break and the race order has changed there is no explanation as to what has happened. And the commentators refer to incidents that the Ten viewer has not see.

Woeful, just woeful.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 11:00 (Ref:3509608)   #914
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
From your evasive answer I would have to assume that YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ARTICLE-yes or no ?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 27 Feb 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3509685)   #915
doug05
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
doug05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After watching what channel 10 served up today, it almost justifies paying for fox. What a load of crap!
Old 28 Feb 2015, 02:12 (Ref:3509875)   #916
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug05 View Post
After watching what channel 10 served up today, it almost justifies paying for fox. What a load of crap!
Isn't it the same broadcast by V8TV??
Old 28 Feb 2015, 02:18 (Ref:3509876)   #917
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
The on track action is, but the Rusty, Crompo, Chad and the rest are very much focused on the no ad Foxtel broadcast.

So on Ten the commentary is cut off mid sentence for commercial breaks and rejoins mid sentence.

The commentator's refer to incidents that the Ten viewer has not seen or are not relevant to the Ten viewer. eg Rusty "Great pictures from our HD on-board cameras"

Perhaps like Ten do with their Formula One telecasts they need Matt White to update the Ten viewers what they missed in the ad break and show replays if necessary.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 02:36 (Ref:3509878)   #918
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
One good thing about Fox doing the v8, is you will get NO TV neville nobodies on there telecast like you will on CH10.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 28 Feb 2015, 02:45 (Ref:3509879)   #919
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Nope - Matt White and Pottsie at the desk hosting - lots of that from yesterday's broadcast. Mark was good but Matt White is as cringeworthy as ever.

Different pit lane reporters (I think) - that seemed to go OK but Murf is still learning his trade - seemed completely overawed (which you can understand) when talking to Roger Penske and took a while to ask meaningful things.

As others have said, taking what must be the Foxtel feed for supports - wouldn't surprise if they find a better way to deal with that after this meeting or even through the meeting.

Lastly, I don't think that Greg Rust and Cromley have gelled yet as a commentary team.

Personally it'll probably make a difference when they are commentating a race so I wouldn't be slamming anyone too hard yet.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 03:05 (Ref:3509884)   #920
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
One good thing about Fox doing the v8, is you will get NO TV neville nobodies on there telecast like you will on CH10.
Foxtel has Greg Martin wandering around the paddock trying to add some 'colour' to the telecast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer
Different pit lane reporters (I think)
In terms on the race coverage, Murphy and Riana Crehan are seen on both Fox and Ten through the independant V8 Media produced telecast.

Foxtel (Chris Stubbs) and Ten (Mark Howard) have their own guys pounding the pitlane in addition for in between sessions...

Looks like there won't just be double stacking for teams in the pits, different TV channels will be stacking up for the same interviews
Old 28 Feb 2015, 07:25 (Ref:3509916)   #921
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Could someone please remind Crompo that he is not commentating on NASCAR and stop referring to "the fourteen" or "the 33 car" it is so damned annoying.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 07:29 (Ref:3509920)   #922
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Larko looks like Ricky Bobby in the new suit
Old 28 Feb 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3509940)   #923
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I was sitting there mid race busting to go to the toilet and needing a coffee
Going to have to learn to plan better
Old 28 Feb 2015, 10:35 (Ref:3509991)   #924
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Webber has been looking bored for the last 2 days.
Better places to be ?
Old 28 Feb 2015, 10:40 (Ref:3509992)   #925
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For once I didn't mind the safety cars.