Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Jun 2005, 03:34 (Ref:1342502)   #1
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HPDC Series...where is the entry list?

Round 3 of the HPDC Series is on at Eastern Creek in a little over a week and the official supercar site has yet to post entry details. Normally the entry is up on the site weeks in advance. Does this mean the entry list is not finalised? Or does it just mean someone hasn't got around to getting it done?

If it wasn't for a couple of press releases from a few teams, you would be forgiven for forgetting the event was on.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 04:57 (Ref:1342519)   #2
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The programme for the round is also not yet on the V8 Supercar website. It is on the Eastern Creek website though.
Apparently a committee is being set up by TEGA to look into what needs to be done to keep this series viable.
TIP: Give us some info so we at least know it's on! Inspire us to be interested.
(This applies to the V8 mags as well - esp.V8x which is 100-odd pages of nothing but V8s and the HPDC series has barely rated a mention in the last 2 editions).
Old 29 Jun 2005, 05:02 (Ref:1342520)   #3
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To many changes in AVesco with the Operations Manager, Tony Manson left after NZ and there has been nothing since.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 05:34 (Ref:1342526)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo
Apparently a committee is being set up by TEGA to look into what needs to be done to keep this series viable.
Just interested, not bashing or bagging the v8's here, but is the series even viable at the moment ?

Attendances are equal to what Super Touring has in its last days and equal if not below of what Procar had and we know what happened to them ?
Old 29 Jun 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1342539)   #5
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the mistakes made by Tega was to allow the Developement series guys to run BA'S and VY'S. I believe that they should be running the older model for at least untill the next upgrades in the Main game.This would have kept many in older cars interested in still competing even though the number of level 1 teams involved is increasing. With 30-35 cars running around it was worth paying to see and the action with some of the privateers was value for money. The big money required to purchase a later model car scared many away and made Carrera Cup and other classes more attractive for their dollars. Mind you though D.R.T I was competing in those last days of Super Touring with the Truck series etc and the only crowds I ever saw were when the trucks ran. Especially places like Winton were the sounds of banjos was clear to hear...
Old 29 Jun 2005, 06:53 (Ref:1342546)   #6
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tega were told numerous times that if they let in the new cars this would happen. Now they start asking question!!!!!!!
Old 29 Jun 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1342588)   #7
scr
Rookie

Australia
Australia
scr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has their ideas for cost containment had the opposite effect on the developement seires guys? Are the sponsors there for the teams to run?
Old 29 Jun 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1342597)   #8
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
Maybe not. Look at the guys who haven't come out to play this year for various reasons ( mostly financial)...Peter Doulman, Clyde Lawrence, Wayne Wakefield, Mike Olsen, Robert Jones, the Smiths Trucks team (x2), Holden Young Lions(x2), Chance of a Lifetime, Chris Smerdon, Terry Wyhoon, Phil Nicholls.......

You could get a pretty good grid out of that lot...at least by F4000 standards anyway.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1342608)   #9
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no chance of a lifetime, what about the winner of the comp ?? thats a bit harsh
Old 29 Jun 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1342613)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why would you compete with VX's and AU's when the winning is done in BA's and VY's?

(and yes.. I know Mr Beikoff won in an AU this year)

The plan to run the HPDC cars as reskinned VX's (with VY trip but VX underpinnings) would have kept the cars current shape, yet retain the cost effectiveness of the VY product....

... but the Kelvinmonster and his mob knows best
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Jun 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1342670)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
reckon they will pull a big crowd at EC. NOT!
Old 30 Jun 2005, 01:21 (Ref:1343407)   #12
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
Still no event details or entry list on the supercar site...
Old 30 Jun 2005, 06:47 (Ref:1343518)   #13
Growling Ferret
Racer

Growling Ferret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its ok, the spectators will get individually introduced to the drivers...

I'm being lazy now not looking it up, but is hpdc running at OP this year?
Old 30 Jun 2005, 06:57 (Ref:1343521)   #14
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growling Ferret
I'm being lazy now not looking it up, but is hpdc running at OP this year?
No. Eastern Creek, Qld Raceway, Mallalla, Bathurst and Phillip Island.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1343537)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yeah and if you add the two stand alone NSW HDPC rounds (and wakefield park) together with the main game race of the v8s at EC, you should get a crowd of what they are expecting in Darwin this weekend (or about two thirds of what they would have got a winton)
Old 30 Jun 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1344340)   #16
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60
Still no event details or entry list on the supercar site...
Just checked again. Not a sausage...
Old 1 Jul 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1344658)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It should be Here but it isnt yet....

Maybe the staff member who posts the releases cant handle more than one race meeting at once?
Old 2 Jul 2005, 02:55 (Ref:1345147)   #18
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
The entry list is finally up..see entry list

25 is a fair entry I guess. Good to see Robert Jones back and a few new names appearing. Dean Savage looks like he is running in the IMS machine and Qlder Barry Tanton is entered in the ex Greenfield AU.
Old 2 Jul 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1345255)   #19
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alot of Garys and Grants on that entry list.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1345663)   #20
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timu
Alot of Garys and Grants on that entry list.
More Marks actually....
Old 3 Jul 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1345845)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, back to the series.... who will win at Eastern Creek?

I would have said Mr Luff's car should win in a canter (no.. not a Mitsubishi...) but PCR is no SBR...

Mr D'Alberto shoudl do well in his lone competitive Commodore also
Old 3 Jul 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1345847)   #22
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be watching Holdsworth personally. I think he should be on for a top 5, others in top 5 canto, luff, d'lberto and macrow. I hope Macrow can do it again.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1345864)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I am not sure Mr Holdsworth's car is as quick as it used to be... some repair work done somewhere other than PMM may impact the speed of this vehicle...
Old 3 Jul 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1346363)   #24
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still no HYL and no official release as to the teams whereabouts this season.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 00:14 (Ref:1346457)   #25
pcruickshank
Rookie

pcruickshank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr GTR,
We at PCR don't claim to be SBR, we are very lucky to have an arrangement to purchase their great cars, but we don't sell ourselves as SBR, we have been operating for 2 1/2 years now and we pride ourselves on being our own people, we do not aspire to be other teams only do the best job we can as our own team.We have developed our own culture and we think it seems to work ok. Currently we are 3rd /5th in the HPDC series, the only 2 car team with 2 cars in the top five. We are currently 3rd/11th in the Carrera Cup series, having won the last round at Eastern Creek. In May we did 3 race meetings, Perth Carrera Cup(Third overall Jono Webb), Wakefiled HPDC (2nd overall, equal 1st on points Warren Luff), Eastern Creek(Pole,race win, round win Jono Webb). That to us was a very good month.
We have not won an HPDC round yet, but I think in reality its not too far away.
So as you state, we are not SBR,we have good drivers employed here, but we also don't have Marcus Ambrose driving for us, we do not have the might of Ford Motor Company behind us. We are building up our sponsor support base very well and all of our partners are happy to date with the work we are doing.
We have developed our own operating systems based on the experience within the team, we have some great experienced people working here, I am sure some of the VCS teams would like to have some of our people(based on phones calls to poach them !!!)
If you are coming to Eastern Creek, why don't you drop in and have a closer look at our operation, meet the team, then make judgement on who we are and who we are not.
Motor racing is a tough business, people should be encouraged not told what they are not.
hope to see you there
paul cruickshank