Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Jun 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3648533)   #876
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Unless of course, the US P3 series (whatever, whenever, run by whoever) is gonna be spec Riley/Ave P3s!
With how long it took them to build this one car, they better outsource the manufacturing if that happens!
Old 15 Jun 2016, 14:11 (Ref:3649905)   #877
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Norma LMP3
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/nor...ur-tds-racing/
Old 15 Jun 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3649911)   #878
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Looks the deal that's for sure!
Old 15 Jun 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3649936)   #879
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TDS already confirmed as the first buyer for that pretty new Norma!

Let's hope it goes better than the Adess/Ginetta/Riley intros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jun 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3650035)   #880
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Looks great.

Based on the looks it's faster and better than the Riley.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3650189)   #881
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Looks great.

Based on the looks it's faster and better than the Riley.
That's for sure, but I would like the chance to see all the available chassis in one location to compare them side by side.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 05:10 (Ref:3650358)   #882
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking good for sure. Hope they have more success than the other constructors (except Ligier)
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:54 (Ref:3650417)   #883
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Kinda surprised. Given their last P2 design, I was expecting the Norma design to effectively be their CN car with a roof plopped on it.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 15:42 (Ref:3650526)   #884
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's pretty standard (not that you could create miracles with the rule set) but certainly more modern than Riley. I think they'll have the chance of becoming the nr 2 force in the market
Old 16 Jun 2016, 20:34 (Ref:3650719)   #885
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I imagine Dome will create something extremely professional also

Old 16 Jun 2016, 20:42 (Ref:3650721)   #886
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I imagine Dome will create something extremely professional also

After 24 months delay?
Old 21 Jun 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3654164)   #887
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
http://sportscar365.com/industry/ans...-lmp3-program/
Old 22 Jun 2016, 02:46 (Ref:3654341)   #888
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
So their business plan is "we haven't really been selling a lot of cars around Europe and Asia, lets try the US"
Old 25 Jun 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3655083)   #889
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
More shots of the Ave-Riley which is now in Europe. http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...ll-ring-debut/
Old 6 Jul 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3657271)   #890
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Imsa is yet to decide what to do with LMP3, but they know they want a piece of the action.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/m...class-in-ctsc/

In the article it was nice to hear a driver (Robin Liddell) say the series needs to be managed better.

Quote:
“It’s one thing to bring LMP3 in and put it in [Continental Tire Challenge]. What concerns me is where that series is headed in general terms,” Liddell told Sportscar365.

“It concerns me that the powers that be have gone to Europe, looked at LMP3 and even looked at how they might bring those cars in the WeatherTech Series for the long races, which I happen to think is a horrible idea.

“Frankly I think they need to demonstrate some leadership and strategic direction going forward. And then we will all buy into the idea the concept, whatever that may be, GT3, GT4, LMP3… in either series.

“That leadership and direction is really critical. I hate to say it but I think it has been lacking since the merger.”
Old 6 Jul 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3657284)   #891
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
“That leadership and direction is really critical. I hate to say it but I think it has been lacking since the merger.”
Sounds like another whiner that is complaining because he's not trying hard enough, so he blames the management instead.
Old 6 Jul 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3657306)   #892
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
When you look at how the combined ACO/IMSA LMP2/DPI platform has basically gone down the tubes and instead have become two divergent formulas that only share the broad rules package with each other as far as chassis regs, I have to admit that I feel that Robin's sentiment has merit.

Both the ACO and IMSA have shown a lack of clear, long term vision since at least the merger of the ALMS and Grand Am. And it's not just prototype rules. ACO/FIA GT platform sharing has gotten nowhere with divergent rules, IMSA doesn't know what they want to do with LMP3, the fact that the ACO makes almost wholesale changes to LMP1 tech regs every three years or so with minimum thought to longer term stability, especially private teams, and financial and technical costs and challenges for both factory and private teams. I can go on for quite a while.

This overall is just a symptom of how sportscar racing around the globe has been managed for about the past 5-6 years. And IMSA's far from alone, and LMP3 is just one category that's effected.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3658294)   #893
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TDS Norma M30 Livery
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...-ses-couleurs/
Old 14 Jul 2016, 06:02 (Ref:3658765)   #894
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I attended the Sebring 500 this past weekend which is an amateur event sanctioned by the Florida based FARA series. The winning car was a Ligier JS P3 run by the Dayvtec team. This was the first time I'd seen a P3 car in person.

I was surprised by the grunt of the Nissan engine compared to the buzz of the engine used in the P2 cars, and I liked the sound much more than the heavily muffled PC Chevy cars currently being run in IMSA.

They ran a fast lap of 2:05.9. For comparison purposes this year's top PC quali time at Sebring was 1:54.9 and the top Conti series GS time was 2:16.8.

I shot about a 4 minute "highlights" video of the race which shows the car multiple times on track (car #27).

https://youtu.be/og4OQhxcPOk
Old 14 Jul 2016, 10:21 (Ref:3658794)   #895
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I shot about a 4 minute "highlights" video of the race which shows the car multiple times on track (car #27).
Some ridiculous (<-- positive connotation) cars out there! Thanks for your usual good quality video (and audio!).

For the P3: I've witnessed these things (the ginettas) live on last year's ELMS Zeltweg trip, and just like the FLM09 IMHO these are hard to dislike after seeing and hearing them in person
Old 14 Jul 2016, 11:02 (Ref:3658801)   #896
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I attended the Sebring 500 this past weekend which is an amateur event sanctioned by the Florida based FARA series. The winning car was a Ligier JS P3 run by the Dayvtec team. This was the first time I'd seen a P3 car in person.

I was surprised by the grunt of the Nissan engine compared to the buzz of the engine used in the P2 cars, and I liked the sound much more than the heavily muffled PC Chevy cars currently being run in IMSA.

They ran a fast lap of 2:05.9. For comparison purposes this year's top PC quali time at Sebring was 1:54.9 and the top Conti series GS time was 2:16.8.

https://youtu.be/og4OQhxcPOk
What was Dutch Davytec (same team ran this car for Jan Lammers at Le Mans) doing in this amateur race?
Old 14 Jul 2016, 12:02 (Ref:3658808)   #897
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I love seeing a Honda Civic leading the Ligier into a corner! Great mix of cars there, thanks for sharing.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 13:26 (Ref:3658813)   #898
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What was Dutch Davytec (same team ran this car for Jan Lammers at Le Mans) doing in this amateur race?
I guess they see a good business opportunity in bringing the car over to the U.S. for rentals at races like this. Not sure if they have any future plans for actual P3 class when that gets sorted out over here, but for American drivers wanting to try out the P3, this would be a good opportunity to do it.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3658814)   #899
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Some ridiculous (<-- positive connotation) cars out there! Thanks for your usual good quality video (and audio!).

For the P3: I've witnessed these things (the ginettas) live on last year's ELMS Zeltweg trip, and just like the FLM09 IMHO these are hard to dislike after seeing and hearing them in person
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I love seeing a Honda Civic leading the Ligier into a corner! Great mix of cars there, thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Yeah it was a pretty eclectic mix out there. I found myself snickering through some of the on track action several times. The Ligier was definitely the star of the race. I've seen photos from previous races where one of the ex Whelen Corvette DPs runs in this series also.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3658815)   #900
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
From their website:

Quote:
Dayvtec sells, services and supports Ligiers and Ligier customers in the US. Are you interested in a Ligier, or do you need more info please contact us.
Now available, test a Ligier on a US track! We organize test days!
Looks like Davytec is now some sort of official Onroak US agent, a newly ordered and delivered car is of yet permanently in the US available for tests and track days and the plan for next year is to participate in IMSA competition.

http://www.dayvtec.com

Also, Paul Fix tested the Riley LMP3 at RBR today according to his fb page. Another Trans-Am name to be involved with the car, could we see some sort of TA supported P3 series in the future?

Overall it seems there's more and more P3 activity in the US (or connected to it) by the day, it's time for some organizer to announce something soon!