Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Jun 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3654975)   #7226
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Should be noted that Neel Jani is only the second Swiss born driver to win LM overall. Only other one is Marcel Fassler, who won all his races with Audi.

German car makers and Volkswagen Group are two for two with Swiss Le Mans winners.
Old 26 Jun 2016, 17:27 (Ref:3655233)   #7227
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
In other news related to the winning drivers from last week, we might have Romain Dumas pulling off a very interesting double: after winning Le Mans, he's just gone up the Pikes Peak hillclimb in the second-fastest time in history and the second ever time under 9 minutes (after Loeb's famous 8:13): 8:51.445 and looks like nobody coming up after him is as fast.
Old 26 Jun 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3655237)   #7228
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
In other news related to the winning drivers from last week, we might have Romain Dumas pulling off a very interesting double: after winning Le Mans, he's just gone up the Pikes Peak hillclimb in the second-fastest time in history and the second ever time under 9 minutes (after Loeb's famous 8:13): 8:51.445 and looks like nobody coming up after him is as fast.
I completely forgot about this! Thanks for the reminder. Is Romain still using the heavily modified Norma? With a time that quick I assume he's in the unlimited class as usual.

Still waiting for the EV cars to get consistently under 9 minutes too...
Old 26 Jun 2016, 17:51 (Ref:3655239)   #7229
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I completely forgot about this! Thanks for the reminder. Is Romain still using the heavily modified Norma? With a time that quick I assume he's in the unlimited class as usual.

Still waiting for the EV cars to get consistently under 9 minutes too...
Yes, might be a new chassis this year, but it's still a Norma M20 with a beefed-up gigantic roll cage, a heavily boosted Honda 4-pot turbo and a rear wing that looks like it belongs on a Peugeot 905.

4 seconds slower than Millen in the final sector, the only sector he didn't manage to get any practice in because of an engine failure. Otherwise, given the time differences in the other sectors, this may have been an 8:45 or thereabouts.
Old 13 Jul 2016, 07:46 (Ref:3658654)   #7230
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsche testing their new aero package at Barcelona:
https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=
Old 13 Jul 2016, 13:02 (Ref:3658676)   #7231
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Silverstone HD pack worked great and I bet 919 will be the fastest car on Nurb, using it, and they still have plenty of time to test and develop the 3rd pack that will likely debut on Mexico.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 04:57 (Ref:3659332)   #7232
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Porsche did a 4-day test at Barcelona focusing on their third aero package. They did over 2900km. Their twitter said the drivers were reporting neck pain must be some serious downforce.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 05:11 (Ref:3659335)   #7233
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Porsche did a 4-day test at Barcelona focusing on their third aero package. They did over 2900km. Their twitter said the drivers were reporting neck pain must be some serious downforce.
That ...or the drivers being slightly out of shape after the summer break.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 05:19 (Ref:3659336)   #7234
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully it's my suggestion, for Porsche's sake!
Old 18 Jul 2016, 05:36 (Ref:3659340)   #7235
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I'm beginning to get a little concerned that a new Technical Director has not yet been announced. There is still time, but IMO the sooner you can get the management team in place, the more time he/she will have to adapt and immerse themselves into the future project(s).
Old 18 Jul 2016, 22:00 (Ref:3659476)   #7236
TF110
Veteran

United States
Porsche's PR on the test and the upcoming race.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3659627)   #7237
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Relevant bit for those that will closely follow the race:
Quote:
At normal race speed (no safety car) the Porsche 919 Hybrid is due for refuelling after every 33 laps.
and this other one might hint to a compound choice of Porsche:
Quote:
A set of Michelin slick tyres should last two fuel tank fills.
Last year, IIRC, they were all single-stinting there.

My personal interest is on the aero, and overall tech bits of the cars, so what I'm looking for is checking out the new front end of the 919:
Quote:
The majority of the modifications are covered by the bodywork, while the new look of the car’s front is obvious
I don't expect any major changes(for instance, a high/er nose), but I'm curious anyway.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3659645)   #7238
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche LMP1 Discussion

Porsche's add in the latest issue of racer this month.....

Old 20 Jul 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3659803)   #7239
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is a huge part of the esses of what makes Endurance racing great and why I love it!
Old 20 Jul 2016, 18:45 (Ref:3659812)   #7240
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
That is a huge part of the esses of what makes Endurance racing great and why I love it!
Agreed. How many other manufacturers would post a picture of a competitor in a positive light?
Old 20 Jul 2016, 19:12 (Ref:3659816)   #7241
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
They continue to be classy about the LM win. People may also not realize there might be some deeper respect for Toyota from Porsche. Potential roots in the mid 1990's and the ex-Toyota production engineers (via Shingijutsu) that helped save Porsche via conversion to Kaizen lean manufacturing methods. I expect that experience also impacted a wider VAG later on.

Richard
Old 21 Jul 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3659901)   #7242
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Old 21 Jul 2016, 12:07 (Ref:3659907)   #7243
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I like it! The rounded nose gives it a more classic Porsche prototype look. Such as with the 906...

Hopefully more photos of the entire car will show up soon.

Richard
Old 21 Jul 2016, 12:16 (Ref:3659910)   #7244
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post

A great example of what is good about Sportscar racing. We hear too much from those without respect.

Go Porsche. Go Toyota. Go Audi.

Posted using a XT-43-H
Old 21 Jul 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3659911)   #7245
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I like it! The rounded nose gives it a more classic Porsche prototype look. Such as with the 906...

Richard
I've heard that they will, at regular intervals, be serving light refreshments from those tea-trays at the front throughout the proceedings.

Last edited by Spyderman; 21 Jul 2016 at 12:35.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 12:56 (Ref:3659913)   #7246
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

https://revsinstitute.org/wp-content...24-900x600.jpg

Richard
Nice comparison

Posted using a XT-43-H
Old 21 Jul 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3659954)   #7247
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As far as how the Porsche looks, I have to say that the large beetle compound eye headlights kill the look of the car. They just look awkward in the bodywork compared to what the older xenon headlamps did.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 15:54 (Ref:3659955)   #7248
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
As far as how the Porsche looks, I have to say that the large beetle compound eye headlights kill the look of the car. They just look awkward in the bodywork compared to what the older xenon headlamps did.
Have to agree with you.
Their Silverstone car was the one that looked the best out of their three aero packages
Old 21 Jul 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3659958)   #7249
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:

Richard
I like the continuity.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3659994)   #7250
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Disagree. Looks interesting to me. And I think smaller than something like the Toyota solution (which looks huge).

Richard