Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Oct 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3682760)   #151
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
For what it's worth, I was listening to an old (2-3 months) MWM in the car yesterday, and Graham Goodwin said the car would be NA, whilst Hindy said he'd be surprised if it wasn't a turbo.

That sounds like a naturally aspirated engine to me. It might well be a turbo, but it doesn't sound like a turbo.
No, it sounds like a turbo... it's just missing the chirps of the BOV. Sounds like the Ford, sounds like the 488, sounds like an F1 car..

The pitch is different than a typical NA motor. There is a "flatness" to the rev peaks.

Last edited by MoMedic9019; 25 Oct 2016 at 14:53.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 25 Oct 2016, 17:03 (Ref:3682791)   #152
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Oct 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3682815)   #153
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I captured some video of Porsche testing a second car today. This one in bare black with different rear bodywork. Also the white RSR seems a bit louder than the black one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI2-YYragzY
Old 25 Oct 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3682818)   #154
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I captured some video of Porsche testing a second car today. This one in bare black with different rear bodywork. Also the white RSR seems a bit louder than the black one.

Fantastic! Thank you kindly.
I wonder if one is not the WEC GTE version (black), and the other the IMSA version.
Old 25 Oct 2016, 19:01 (Ref:3682820)   #155
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope whatever they have in it they keep in it, think it sounds great! Thanks Lanky
Old 25 Oct 2016, 19:13 (Ref:3682822)   #156
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

We can always count on your wonderful contributions. No pressure!
Old 25 Oct 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3682825)   #157
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a simple thought....

Have they gone away from the flat 6 and moved to an inline or 45* V6? That would drastically alter the engine note. I'm still convinced it's a turbo with the huge amount of holes in the rear bodywork.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 25 Oct 2016, 22:01 (Ref:3682857)   #158
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Listening to the latest clip, I think it is still normally aspirated flat 6. Could only imagine how the porsche community would react to an online or v6...no chance imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Oct 2016, 22:08 (Ref:3682859)   #159
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mid engined V6 911

Old 25 Oct 2016, 22:12 (Ref:3682860)   #160
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Car looks like the 993 GT1. I like it.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 02:04 (Ref:3682889)   #161
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche Confirms New 911 RSR GTE Car for 2017

I think it's naturally aspirated,with it being mid engine now the exhaust pipes are longer now plus any shape they put in it to move around the new defuser will change the engine note

NVM......the white one sounds turbo,the black car might be turbo with different exhaust for the defuser set up.

Last edited by Lagunaseca_4life; 26 Oct 2016 at 02:09.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 03:48 (Ref:3682893)   #162
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
I seem to remember there being talk that Porsche may be testing both... eitehr way, there is going to be a VERY intersting spec and setup to look at here.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 11:26 (Ref:3682976)   #163
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see Motor Trend is using Lanky Turtle's video---I guess he is now a media star, as well as being "a Sebring local and sports car racing diehard," as Motor Trend states.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3683012)   #164
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Fantastic! Thank you kindly.
I wonder if one is not the WEC GTE version (black), and the other the IMSA version.
I'm thinking the black one is just the test and development car they have had for a while now, think back to that random picture of the front end that they released at the beginning of 2016.

The white one is just a later build. That's probably the first race chassis.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3683015)   #165
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

In this video, right around 4 seconds when the Porsche locks up, the main beam flickers at the exact same time. I didn't see it happen on any other lap.

Why would lockup effect the electronics of the main beam?
Old 26 Oct 2016, 14:06 (Ref:3683031)   #166
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Fantastic audio in that video, thanks for catching the cars in action !
Old 26 Oct 2016, 15:31 (Ref:3683068)   #167
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice work. This racing 997 needs turbocharging now (just my opinion).
Old 26 Oct 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3683089)   #168
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I'm thinking the black one is just the test and development car they have had for a while now, think back to that random picture of the front end that they released at the beginning of 2016.

The white one is just a later build. That's probably the first race chassis.
That's what I've been thinking too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I see Motor Trend is using Lanky Turtle's video---I guess he is now a media star, as well as being "a Sebring local and sports car racing diehard," as Motor Trend states.

I didn't see anything on MT but that sounds like the Road and Track article which was written by Marshall Pruett just like the article on Racer.

I sent the video to Marshall on twitter so I'm glad he used it and I'm fine with any racing sites using my youtube vids. I chuckled at the description, though I have been to my share of Sportscar races over the years I'd just consider myself a general "racing diehard". And technically I'd be an Orlando local
Old 26 Oct 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3683154)   #169
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks fellas!

I didn't see anything on MT but that sounds like the Road and Track article which was written by Marshall Pruett just like the article on Racer.

I sent the video to Marshall on twitter so I'm glad he used it and I'm fine with any racing sites using my youtube vids. I chuckled at the description, though I have been to my share of Sportscar races over the years I'd just consider myself a general "racing diehard". And technically I'd be an Orlando local
Thanks Lanky Turtle, Very good Video. Here is your video in road and track
http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo.../2018-911-rsr/
Old 26 Oct 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3683216)   #170
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The black one is running two different types of mirrors.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 23:47 (Ref:3683239)   #171
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thanks fellas!

You should be compensated!
Old 27 Oct 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3683241)   #172
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
You should be compensated!
A free year of racer. That's what you get.

You can get much further by negotiating with the team.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 00:16 (Ref:3683244)   #173
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The black Porsche also has a much shallower rear diffuser than the white one. Could one be an older spec GTE car or a GT3/GTD car?
Old 27 Oct 2016, 00:27 (Ref:3683247)   #174
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
The black Porsche also has a much shallower rear diffuser than the white one. Could one be an older spec GTE car or a GT3/GTD car?
Is there a new or evolved GTD car in the works in response to the claims it can be a handful for the AMs when tuned by Pros to go fast enough to win?
Old 27 Oct 2016, 05:35 (Ref:3683282)   #175
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Is there a new or evolved GTD car in the works in response to the claims it can be a handful for the AMs when tuned by Pros to go fast enough to win?
It looks unlikely that such a radical modification would be allowed for a GTD car, the category being, at least in theory, more close to the large production product but you never know...they should have even homologated it as a derivative of the Cayman back in june, when Porsche tested in Monza, two cars were around and it seems that they weren't strictly the same. Attached is the only pic I was able to take
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04519.jpg