Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Aug 2010, 21:29 (Ref:2743791)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
360 MRC, Snetterton, This Weekend

So.... who's going?
Old 13 Aug 2010, 07:00 (Ref:2743928)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elaine and I
Old 13 Aug 2010, 07:55 (Ref:2743939)   #3
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly it's too far away for us otherwise I'd have gone along to give some support.

Best wishes to Claire, John, Terry, Peter et al for the weekend x
Old 13 Aug 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2744089)   #4
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should be there.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2744619)   #5
Wh05apk
Rookie

United Kingdom
Colchester
Wh05apk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there, first time in orange!
Old 14 Aug 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2744620)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh05apk View Post
I will be there, first time in orange!
Ah, awesome, that's cool!
Old 15 Aug 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2744813)   #7
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please tell me there was a nice big grid for this... fearing not..
Old 15 Aug 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2744822)   #8
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
Please tell me there was a nice big grid for this... fearing not..
Eight cars (according to TSL).
Old 15 Aug 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2744862)   #9
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's bad enough for a sprint race
Old 15 Aug 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2744864)   #10
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Small acorns, big trees and all that...new series have to start somewhere.

Fair play to those brave enough to get off their arses and do something rather than sitting on the sidelines and sniping as is so popular on here!
Old 15 Aug 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2744876)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Yup, only eight cars but it was worth the trip and surprisingly only two failed to finish.
Congratulations to Claire and John for having the guts to get it off the ground and also to those who took the trouble to support it and enter.
Despite the small grid there was a good turn out from the marshals.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2744883)   #12
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Small acorns, big trees and all that...new series have to start somewhere.

Fair play to those brave enough to get off their arses and do something rather than sitting on the sidelines and sniping as is so popular on here!
Yes maybe, but someone has just lost several thousand pounds and it would take balls of steel to run it again. Unless money doesn't matter of course....
Old 15 Aug 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2744890)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Yes maybe, but someone has just lost several thousand pounds and it would take balls of steel to run it again. Unless money doesn't matter of course....
Businesses don't always make a profit to start with...

I guess that's why some people do things and some just talk about doing things!
Old 15 Aug 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2744895)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Businesses don't always make a profit to start with...

I guess that's why some people do things and some just talk about doing things!
The whole point is that it was never meant to make a profit, but yes it is a shame that certain people will have dipped extremely deeply into their own pockets for this.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2744906)   #15
HORNET9
Rookie

England
Gt. Yarmouth
HORNET9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I was there, only a small grid but well turned out cars and good racing if a little sparse, think its got massive potential if those who enter don't back out for whatever reason
Old 15 Aug 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2744969)   #16
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
We havent lost several thousand pounds....we have invested several thousand pounds.

Have you seen my steel balls by the way>? lol

Money does matter, of course it does, but as I said above, we see it as an investment for the future of this great event....we hope we have started something great (and judging by the posts we have )

Roll on 2011
Old 15 Aug 2010, 22:48 (Ref:2744974)   #17
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
360 MRC Snetterton

From everyone in Race Control a very big Thank You,to you Guys & Girls in Orange. Lots of happy smilley faces at the end day from you and the Competitors made it all worth while, and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
Special mention to The Riches crew, who followed the Le Mans tradition of waving every flag they had as the cars passed them after taking the Chequred Flag. Brought a tear to the eye.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 05:45 (Ref:2745036)   #18
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May I say a really big thank you to all the Snet marshals, who once again proved what a superb team they are by turning up in the numbers we saw to support this new club with such enthusiasm despite the prospect of potentially a small number of competitors.

I certainly believe this gave John and Claire and the 360MRC team a lot of comfort that whatever may have happened on the track during the 6hrs it would be dealt with in totally safe and professional manner.

In reality, the actual race was quite entertaining, certainly from my vantage point at Riches, with some excellent dices between several groups of two or three cars each having their own individual races within the race as it were! Also good to witness the reliability over speed elements taking effect during the course of the 6hrs.

Thanks to all the drivers / teams who took part in the race on Sunday - despite lack of numbers you all contributed in quality and kept the race alive throughout!

Congragulations to John & Claire and the 360MRC for all their hard work behind the scenes - remember they have put together a Club and an event at short notice and at their own great expense that the competitors having been asking for via 10 tenths - now it is the time for those competitors to follow though on their side of the deal and support the 360MRC events in quantity as well as quality in the future!

Here's to next year!
Terry
Old 16 Aug 2010, 06:41 (Ref:2745050)   #19
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic day , thanks everyone .
Old 16 Aug 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2745101)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
A huge thank you to everyone that turned up to help this event run. Have to say that the home-made sausages rolls on start/finish are particularly tasty! Just a pity we were a little late for cake.

Oh, talking of cake, there was free "Victory" cake at the end, and it was great to see so many people stick around for the handing out of the trophies and for consumption of the cake!
Old 16 Aug 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2745153)   #21
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep but not in the UK. Anyway, its not a debate for this thread is it?

Had Snett been about 200 miles nearer to me then i'd have done this one, but i've had enough travelling of late so i skipped it. Sounds like it was a cracker, depending on circumstances i may well make it a "to-do" for next year.

Last edited by Hepatic; 16 Aug 2010 at 11:41. Reason: fat fingers
Old 16 Aug 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2745158)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
Sounds like it was a cracker, depending on circumstances i may well make it a "to-do" for next year.
I'd certainly tell everyone to keep an eye out for the date!
Old 16 Aug 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2745368)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
As one of the drivers who crossed the finish line I would like to say how BRILLIANT it was to have the 'Le Mans' flag waving on slowing down lap. The only time I have experienced it before was at Portimao last year, and it made the event for me.

Whether the practice is correct or not or goes against 'health & safety' rules I know not, but as someone who wants to show their appreciation of the marshals after a race it really works as you are not so distant!

I have already posted this on the Historic Racing today thread, but in case any of you have not read it my personal thanks to all of you for doing your work so well and supporting the event in such good spirit. I wasn't able to have my car running for the whole 6 hrs but hope that when it was going it provided some entertainment. Guess we were all upstaged by the Lancaster, though!

Mike
Old 16 Aug 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2745392)   #24
Evo AL
Rookie

Evo AL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I would just like to thank all the organisers and marshals that were there for their support, as we could not race with out you!

AL

(White MG Montego)
Old 16 Aug 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2745406)   #25
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to say that I really enjoyed the event despite concern about the number of cars at the beginning of the day. I think a lot of marshals changed their views during the day with the close racing ending with the leader spending some time in the pits and then limping around with 2nd place catching up.

I have been associated with some race series in the past where the numbers are low, and this is always a balance when a series is starting out. Some of those are now active in meetings with heats and finals.
If you start a new venture people wont buy a car unless there is a place to race it and clubs find it hard to justify running a race for the few drivers who have "jumped". Its a risk that needs brave racing clubs and tollerent marshals.