Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Mar 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2423909)   #1
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1970s New Zealand Saloon Racing Photos Required

I also placed this request in the Historic section, but thought I double double my odds. I do a bit of freelance writing for a couple of car mags in New Zealand and Australia. Mostly historical stuff on 60s and 70s NZ saloon racing.

I'm working on an article on a 3 round series held in the North Island in early 1979, called the Open Saloon series. The three rounds were at Bay Park, Pukekohe, and Manfeild. Each round had 2 races, both of which were handicap starts. The leading contenders were ex-pat Kiwi Jim Richards in a Falcon Hardtop, Aussie John Briggs in a Chevy Monza, Leo Leonard in the PDL Mustang II with the McLaren F5000 wing mounted on the back, plus all the other leading Kiwi teams.

I've managed to get a bunch of black and white photos for the article from my friend Terry Marshall, but I'm also wanting to add as many colour shots as possible. The quality doesn't matter, neither does it matter if they're racing shots or pit shots. I'm just after anything I can get.

If you don't have anything yourself, perhaps you could suggest someone who does?

Email me at: monsterracewear@paradise.net.nz

Thanks in advance
Steve