Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 5 Jul 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3102405)   #1
Dave Weston
Racer

Dave Weston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave Allan

sad news from the Millbrook proving ground and confirmed on btcc website of the death of honda and synchro motorsport stalwart Dave Allan. Thoughts to Dave's family friends and colleagues and also to thos injured in the crash.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 22:20 (Ref:3103553)   #2
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news,that Dave Allan has passed away after an accident at Millbrook.

Thoughts with his family at this sad time.

An ex Honda associate.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3105535)   #3
John Hammersley
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stone Staffordshire
John Hammersley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only just found out about the tragic accident that befell Dave. I had the privilege of competing against Dave in a Civic in Saloon 2000. He was always exceptionally friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic, as well as being one seriously quick driver. My sincerest condolences to all his family and friends, my thoughts are with you.
Old 15 Jul 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3106836)   #4
Tracsmart
Rookie

Tracsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammersley View Post
Only just found out about the tragic accident that befell Dave. I had the privilege of competing against Dave in a Civic in Saloon 2000. He was always exceptionally friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic, as well as being one seriously quick driver. My sincerest condolences to all his family and friends, my thoughts are with you.
Just returned to the UK and was met with the shocking news of Dave's trajic accident.
Dave was an absolute gentleman and a true sportsman. We had the pleasure of working with him even though we were competitors in the Saloon 2000 and National Saloon Car championships, running a Honda Civic and Integra, Dave was always there to provide support when needed. His dedication to the Honda brand was second to none and always there to help. Our sport can and does produce selfish attitudes i.e. we do it becauce we want to, however Dave wasn't selfish, he always had the full support of his family who shared his love for the sport. At all meetings his Dad Geoff was there together with his Mum Ginney, Wife Tam and Son Cameron, a truely family affair.
I can speak personally and say that Dave's support to us was absolute genuine, a trate I wish existed throughout.
His sad loss will be felt by many as a genuine sportsman but more importantly as a Husband, Dad and Son to his family. Our thoughts are with them.
Bob and Stuart Clarke
Old 16 Jul 2012, 04:33 (Ref:3106897)   #5
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I don't know much about this man, but any death in racing is a very sad one. My thoughts go to him and his family. R.I.P.