Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 9 Sep 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3135314)   #1
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news - Trevor passed away yesterday (Sat 8th Sept 2012) after giving Pancreatic Cancer a battle, but sadly coming second. His humour was still with him to the end according to his daughter.

He has now been summoned to see The Clerk of The Course.

Here is an email I received late yesterday.
----------------------------------------------
Hi all

As friends and colleagues of Dad’s/our family, I wrote to some of you a few weeks ago with an update on Dad’s failing health. For those of you that we haven’t managed to reach yet by telephone, it is with a huge amount of sadness that I have to write again to let you know that Dad passed away peacefully just after 7 o’clock yesterday morning. Mum, Catherine and I were by his side and we are sure he knew we were there. It was Dad’s wish to stay at home, and the amazing help of Compton Hospice made this possible. In fact, one of their wonderful nurses was also with us.

In typical Trevor fashion, he fought right to the end but as you know by now, pancreatic cancer is so aggressive and cruel, Dad’s last battle was one that he was not able to win.

The world now leaves a huge Trevor shaped hole that nobody can fill, but I am sure that all of you will have funny stories and memories about my Dad that you can look back on and smile about. He really is one of those people who you could never forget!

We will now start the process of organising the funeral and I will be in touch with details for any of you that want to come and pay your last respects to Dad. As you can imagine, it will not be a sombre occasion – Dad has been very specific in his requests right down to the beer so it will be a celebration of his life. No black, no hymns or prayers – but lots of funny stories…… We feel that since the support we got from the Hospice was valuable beyond words, we would rather have donations to the hospice than flowers at the funeral. This way, other families can benefit from their incredible support in the same way as we did. We have set up a page to do this and this link should take you to it – www.justgiving.com/TrevorScarratt

I am conscious that there are so many of you that know him from school, uni, the RAF, work, sport – can you please email me personally with any amusing stories or anecdotes as we have a lot of writing to do over the next few days :J

Best wishes

Emma x

------------------
Old 11 Sep 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3135315)   #2
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those wishing to attend Trev's funeral, here is info from his daughter Emma.

It will be at 2.30pm sharp on TUESDAY 18th SEPTEMBER at the West Chapel of Bushbury Crematorium in Wolverhampton, and afterwards for a bite to eat, a pint (Dad has even specified the beer in question!) and a natter at Perton Park Golf Club – we are sure there will be plenty of funny jokes and stories to share. Address details at the end of this note. For those of you that may want to visit Dad privately at the Chapel of Rest the day before, please contact me and I can give you details.

There are several things that Dad was very specific about when we talked about his final showdown. He was adamant that this must be a celebration of his life full of laughter and smiles. It will be a humanist, non-religious service and to make proceedings less formal, we would ask that you all wear colour and not black – ideally, with a touch of blue and white in honour of his beloved Hartlepool United??!?! Fingers crossed for blue skies as well.

Family flowers only, please, as we’d rather that the wonderful Hospice that looked after Dad so brilliantly at home, gain from our loss. You can do this via the safe and totally secure page we have set up at www.justgiving.com/trevorscarratt, or there will also be the option to add to a collection at the Crematorium.

If you are intending to go, please drop me a PM so I can let Emma know.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3135626)   #3
douglasjames671
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
douglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddouglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

Firstly, my condolences for your loss, however, this "Aussie" is quite overwhelmed by the family feel of Motorsport in Britain. It is very refreshing, and I am sure that Mr Scarratt would be looking down upon the sport, quite pleased with the state that it is in.

God Bless, Doug