Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Aug 2016, 12:05 (Ref:3667484)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic venue

Bishopscourt near Downpatrick in County Down, a circuit i'd never heard of let alone been to. We were in Ireland for the Ulster Grand Prix @ Dundrod and followed that with a holiday. I was at a loose end on Sunday so went to see the Irish Superbikes at Bishopscourt, a 2.1 mile track surrounded by rolling hills and ever so easy to find.

The circuit has lots of banking which offered fantastic views and the people being Irish were as friendly as can be.

It's on a disused airfield with the Race Control, Paddock etc in the centre, so you had to walk across the track in between races.

They also have Sprints, Single Venue Rallies and Superkarts there, so something for most people.
At the opposite end of the circuit entrance I kept seeing clouds of tyre smoke and after getting the binos out discovered they also have 'Drifting' there.

Well worth a visit.
Old 25 Aug 2016, 19:44 (Ref:3667557)   #2
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They also have one car race meeting a year. Next year's is on the 6th and 7th of June. I'd agree that it's a great and friendly venue.