Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Mar 2009, 03:40 (Ref:2423301)   #51
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Not so clever marketing; by being involved in this, Hog's Breath have ensured that I'll NEVER EVER step into one of their establishments.
I am tempted to write to their management to tell them they have lost a potential customer.
So by your own admission, you have never even been into a Hog's Breath. I'm sure they will notice the decline in potential takings then.
If the badges go into production, which it sounds like they might, I'm sure any profit from them will out weigh any profit they might have made from you....

Lighten up!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 03:57 (Ref:2423305)   #52
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is T8 removing all references to a company who no longer provide financial support to the team really all that much different to channel 7 last weekend not making a single reference to the V8's appearing at the GP this weekend?
Old 24 Mar 2009, 05:28 (Ref:2423316)   #53
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and you think I am the only one that is so annoyed? !!!!

I am not the only one.
Can you explain exactly why you're so furious? I don't get it?

You may not be the only one... but I'm willing for everyone like you there's 10,000 who're planning on buying themselves some brand spanking new 888 team wear.....

Ford don't give them any money, there's no requirement for them to run Ford signage.... so what's the problem with them not doing it?

From what I've seen, 888 are head and shoulders above the rest of the field with this sponsorship integration... the dancing pig in the backround, the crewmember with the Hog-Helmet and the every so slightly provocative and sure to be talked about placement of the stickers..... very very clever!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 06:41 (Ref:2423333)   #54
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm furious because I was a 888 supporter, but I cannot possibly support them anymore while the car is not referred to as a "Ford" by the team.

I would now almost rather see a Holden team win rather than 888 (did I really say that!!!).

I know there are more important things in life, but still I am a passionate Ford person and "losing" a top Ford team hurts.

I know of others that feel the same way.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2423350)   #55
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2423369)   #56
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
had hogs breath sat night for tea in adelaide. we toasted Jamie of course

nice tasting steaks, but a bit too much fat on them for me, could be better quality
Old 24 Mar 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2423380)   #57
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm furious because I was a 888 supporter, but I cannot possibly support them anymore while the car is not referred to as a "Ford" by the team.

I would now almost rather see a Holden team win rather than 888 (did I really say that!!!).

I know there are more important things in life, but still I am a passionate Ford person and "losing" a top Ford team hurts.

Ok, can understand your reasoning - but remember it was Ford who ditched them, not the other way round. It's pretty straight forward - no money, no sticker. No different than any other sponsor on any other car. If Vodafone pulled thier money, the stickers would be gone too!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2423521)   #58
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

No...... by the sound of it you are a Ford supporter that just happened to also support 888.

Get your head around the fact that, for some reason, Ford dropped 888 & not the other way round.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 12:27 (Ref:2423548)   #59
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chill out guys, it's getting like NASCAR, the 33 car had a great run today.

WHo is the 33 Car Builder, GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota?
Who cares, We know it is a Ford, stop being so petty, evolve or drag your knuckles.

I think Roland should get the pig from Pink Floyd, now that would be a sight, especialy at Bathurst.

Proof of the old saying "when pigs fly" well they did at Adelaide.
Put up the landing lights, the pigs are coming in!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2423634)   #60
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't get my head round this. Half the time everyone's complaining they're not Fords/Holdens, it's all silhouette parity nonsense, and the other half the time you're complaining it's a Ford there should be a badge on it.

888 built and financed it, I guess they can call it whatever they like, but then again, they probably shouldn't call it a Falcon either!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2423658)   #61
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Chill out guys, it's getting like NASCAR, the 33 car had a great run today.

WHo is the 33 Car Builder, GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota?
Who cares, We know it is a Ford, stop being so petty, evolve or drag your knuckles.

I think Roland should get the pig from Pink Floyd, now that would be a sight, especialy at Bathurst.

Proof of the old saying "when pigs fly" well they did at Adelaide.
Put up the landing lights, the pigs are coming in!
33 is a GM.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2423871)   #62
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not so clever marketing; by being involved in this, Hog's Breath have ensured that I'll NEVER EVER step into one of their establishments.

I am tempted to write to their management to tell them they have lost a potential customer.

As for the rest of Roland Dane’s sponsors…
Considering the Hogs have been running restaurants here since 1989 and you're still only a "potential" customer, I don't think your absence will be felt..........
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 24 Mar 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2423996)   #63
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been reported that Ford provided the basic shell with full roll cage to ALL Ford teams, including the likes of Paul Cruickshank racing who weren't even sponsored at all by Ford last year.

One can only assume that 888 took up the offer and so therefore it was Ford who contributed towards the cost of the 888 cars that sat on the grid at Adelaide last weekend.

That was an extremely generous offer by Ford, considering the demands financial strain the motor industry is going though at the moment. Ford simply can not afford to fund all the teams that it previously had.

And it was Ford who paid for the homologation process that allowed the Ford Falcon FG to race this year in the first place.

Also, I believe that cafe chain has only been introduced to Victoria in the last year or so, and they are only in the outer suburbs. Hence I have never ever seen one and it’s going to stay that way.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 01:09 (Ref:2424095)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Weel is a multiple franchise owner of Hogs Breath isnt he??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Mar 2009, 04:45 (Ref:2424171)   #65
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's been reported that Ford provided the basic shell with full roll cage to ALL Ford teams, including the likes of Paul Cruickshank racing who weren't even sponsored at all by Ford last year.

One can only assume that 888 took up the offer and so therefore it was Ford who contributed towards the cost of the 888 cars that sat on the grid at Adelaide last weekend.

That was an extremely generous offer by Ford, considering the demands financial strain the motor industry is going though at the moment. Ford simply can not afford to fund all the teams that it previously had.
Ford provided teams with FG chassis + a panel and support package and on top of that, pay a portion of CL's salary until the end of this year. Dane rejected the panel/support program.

I get the feeling RD is very good at his job but is a PITA to deal with if he doesn't get his way, hence his antics of late.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 04:54 (Ref:2424175)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron View Post
Ford provided teams with FG chassis + a panel and support package and on top of that, pay a portion of CL's salary until the end of this year. Dane rejected the panel/support program.

I get the feeling RD is very good at his job but is a PITA to deal with if he doesn't get his way, hence his antics of late.
Ford was reported to have wanted zero signage for the parts and panels package. Given that 888 just screwed together 5 FG's with 2 more in the planning for this year, and likely another 3 or 4 for next year... is it rational that Mr Dane would refuse $50k worth of parts out of every one of these new builds?
Old 25 Mar 2009, 05:40 (Ref:2424182)   #67
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Ford was reported to have wanted zero signage for the parts and panels package. Given that 888 just screwed together 5 FG's with 2 more in the planning for this year, and likely another 3 or 4 for next year... is it rational that Mr Dane would refuse $50k worth of parts out of every one of these new builds?
I'm not exactly sure how the chassis + PnP package works in this instance. Are DJR, PCR and 888 allocated chassis + parts individually or is it 888 saying we need 5 chassis and 5 PnP's?

I would have thought on paper, each teams was given the chassis bits n pieces but they were all delivered to 888 then the panel/support is provided direct to the individual teams?
Old 25 Mar 2009, 09:11 (Ref:2424284)   #68
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Paul Ceprnich's Pace Innovations built all the chassis.

http://v8supercar.bigpond.com/news/l...=&gid=32683787

Are you beginning to see why I think the attitude towards Ford seems so unfair?

Last edited by Chris - Melb; 25 Mar 2009 at 09:12. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2424389)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Paul Ceprnich's Pace Innovations built all the chassis.

http://v8supercar.bigpond.com/news/l...=&gid=32683787

Are you beginning to see why I think the attitude towards Ford seems so unfair?
Its marketing, pure and simple... just not very good marketing in a long term view.

When there are 2 games in town, and you annoy one of them by playing silly fellas, this leave you few options to choose...

I always thought the way to achieve happiness after being jilted was to work hard, and celebrate your success without them... to ignore and forget the bad things that happened to you, whatever wrongs either side did... and instead focus 100% on doing the very best job you can do. And just laughing to yourself that you did what they said you couldnt do without their help.

This would mean not even mentioning the Ford relationship.

But thats just me...
Old 26 Mar 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2424921)   #70
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Too right, GTR. Although I find it a bit hard to accept a perceived injustice lying down. I suspect Mr R.D. is the same.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 02:54 (Ref:2424960)   #71
Kiwikid
Racer

Kiwikid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets look at it pragmatically. If 888 keeps winning - and generates all this exposure for a small badge on its grill - what manufacturer would not see they are better value than, say, Tasman who are in the middle of pack.

I think 888 are making a fine statement - i.e. "we are not supported by Ford - we generate significantly more than $50K for the badge - and we are the best team in the business".

Now take that statement to the logical next step. SBR, FPR, HRT, etc have limited life contracts. Why wouldn't 888 then "pitch" to Ford and Holden to be the "factory" team. They can quantify the value they gave the badge - and, with such strong commercial support, they can undercut the opposition.

Holden Team Vodafone, has a ring to it eh (and they are even the right colour).
Old 26 Mar 2009, 03:38 (Ref:2424969)   #72
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just think this is all hilarious...

Half the time people are having a whinge that the cars are nothing like a road car. It's not like you are all out there in a F3 race shouting about how much better the Dallara is than the Reynard. (Yes I know in Australia you're a Ford or Holden fan but that's so bloody boring, why not be a racing fan?)

I think Dane is genius. The publicity that little piggy has had since Adelaide must be making the sponsor mighty happy.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 05:06 (Ref:2424993)   #73
fantom
Rookie

Australia
orange
fantom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone seen this years 888 merchandise and does it have any FORD logos on it?
Old 26 Mar 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2425199)   #74
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
I think the only Ford badge you will find is on Craig Lowndes driving suit.

Ford still contributes money towards the 888 driver’s salary which allows 888 to have access to Lowndes.

So, Ford paid for 888’s race ready bare chassis (2 or 3 of them) AND part of its driver’s salary and thinks it has no reason why it should run a Ford badge on it cars!

Legally there is no obligation, but does that seem fair and reasonable? If it was me in that situation, I would feel I was being grossly disingenuous.

Anyway, that’s my last comment on the issue. I still have a life to live. Let there be a great weekend of racing at the AGP and may the best man win.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2425261)   #75
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
33 is a GM.
I think you may have missed the point...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen