Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2424314)   #26
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Holly Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to clarify the red Ford badge thing GTR, they were not 'replicas' made by Colin Bond, were they? I thought that some Fords came out of the factory that way.... it was a Cosworth thing, as far as I remember. It certainly wasn't a political statement from Bond.

Personally, I think all V8 Supercars should have to run their correct badgework... just as they have to run the right headlights/grille, etc. I've always been a fan of outlawing sponsor decals on headlights too... if we want the public to be able to 'relate' to the cars at all we really shouldn't be deliberately disguising their identities...
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2424323)   #27
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to bargain if you tell people you are happy to settle for something.

He'll leverage the potential to move into the best position available, whether his main priority is family, championships or money
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2424341)   #28
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
retro, you really are a talent.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2424346)   #29
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Wood View Post
Just to clarify the red Ford badge thing GTR, they were not 'replicas' made by Colin Bond, were they? I thought that some Fords came out of the factory that way.... it was a Cosworth thing, as far as I remember. It certainly wasn't a political statement from Bond.

Personally, I think all V8 Supercars should have to run their correct badgework... just as they have to run the right headlights/grille, etc. I've always been a fan of outlawing sponsor decals on headlights too... if we want the public to be able to 'relate' to the cars at all we really shouldn't be deliberately disguising their identities...
Quite right. That pig badge could give T8 an aero advantage and we wouldn't want the holden boys whinging about that!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2424371)   #30
PenguinPunch
Rookie

PenguinPunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Hyundai Genesis would fit in quite well. Not a bad bit of kit.

Rear wheel drive. V8

And North American Car of thr Year.

But Hyundai doesn't plan to sell it in Australia! (atleast before 2010)

http://www.hyundaigenesis.com/
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2424374)   #31
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
NO Chance wont happen, just the dark side hoping it will come true.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2424385)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Wood View Post

I recall seeing them on the Sierras but not why they did so. The badges werent there before these red ones showed up.

Bathurst 88 - no badge

AGP 1990 - with the red badge

What has me wondering is whether there are grounds in the technical rules to lodge a protest against the 888 cars for non conformance of those cars to the technical regulations of the category. Surely if a car is presented for homologation with the Ford badge in place, then it should run with that piece in place regardless, as it forms a component of the grille, and could be used as an air intake adjustment should it not be in place....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2424402)   #33
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
What has me wondering is whether there are grounds in the technical rules to lodge a protest against the 888 cars for non conformance of those cars to the technical regulations of the category. Surely if a car is presented for homologation with the Ford badge in place, then it should run with that piece in place regardless, as it forms a component of the grille, and could be used as an air intake adjustment should it not be in place....
If this wasn't an issue in Group A days (as as the Sierra photos show), when homologation was precisely based on the road going derivative; then it's hardly going to matter in the day & age of cut'n'shut VE racers.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2424409)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
If this wasn't an issue in Group A days (as as the Sierra photos show), when homologation was precisely based on the road going derivative; then it's hardly going to matter in the day & age of cut'n'shut VE racers.
To paraphrase one of the crowd from Underbelly... the quickest and easiest way to stop the noise about any alleged improprieties is to investigate them, and close them down. Permanently
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House