Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Apr 2016, 04:10 (Ref:3636600)   #26
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SVG/Premat is a dark horse.

Also pretty keen to see how the Supergirls do this year, Simona did some VERY respectable laps in that car last year, under the radar. She's a pukka pedaller regardless of her gender.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 04:44 (Ref:3636605)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Also pretty keen to see how the Supergirls do this year, Simona did some VERY respectable laps in that car last year, under the radar. She's a pukka pedaller regardless of her gender.
Hopefully she can pedal Mr Winterbottom's current car and not the much-crashed #111...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Apr 2016, 05:21 (Ref:3636607)   #28
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was just about to say Canto also but everyone is Onto that......

Maybe Ritter again,
Johnson Junior
Old 27 Apr 2016, 07:43 (Ref:3636632)   #29
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I'd say SVG/Premat as one of the favourites more so than a dark horse.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 12:38 (Ref:3636686)   #30
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm stoked to see Matt Campbell get a gig. Very talented driver, good head on his shoulders and a great attitude too.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 02:26 (Ref:3636792)   #31
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I'd say SVG/Premat as one of the favourites more so than a dark horse.
For me I am not sure SVG has the maturity yet for such a long race compared to Lowndes/Whincup.

No doubt though if its equal at the end he'll be up for a scrap with whoever is there.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 03:06 (Ref:3636796)   #32
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really? He had no problem winning the last long distance Bathurst race.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 03:19 (Ref:3636799)   #33
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Really? He had no problem winning the last long distance Bathurst race.
Point taken, but the Gentlemen's 6hr is not quite as competitive as the 1000, albeit with more speed differential and potential risk of contact.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 03:24 (Ref:3636801)   #34
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
12hr?

I'd say that yes Bathurst 1000 is the harder race but he's got runs on the board.
Just my opinion of course ;-)
Old 28 Apr 2016, 03:25 (Ref:3636802)   #35
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Point taken, but the Gentlemen's 6hr is not quite as competitive as the 1000, albeit with more speed differential and potential risk of contact.
offset by being more difficult to pass because of less speed differential and not having a car that has a benefit like he did at the 12 hour
Old 28 Apr 2016, 04:54 (Ref:3636807)   #36
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
offset by being more difficult to pass because of less speed differential and not having a car that has a benefit like he did at the 12 hour
Which is offset by having to deal with the traffic that multi-class endurance races contain. Really, what a non-nonsensical, poor attempt at belittling the efforts of teams and drivers in the 12 hour.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 05:25 (Ref:3636809)   #37
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Which is offset by having to deal with the traffic that multi-class endurance races contain. Really, what a non-nonsensical, poor attempt at belittling the efforts of teams and drivers in the 12 hour.
There is no belittling, what you said had already been said by mixer.
You have taken my comment as stand alone without referring to the original quote

positives and negatives
Old 28 Apr 2016, 07:21 (Ref:3636835)   #38
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3637067)   #39
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Remember it has been more than 10 years, has it not, that any teams other than Triple 8, HRT or PRA have won Bathurst.

The lack of diversity of winning teams in this current era has never been matched throughout the history of The Great Race.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 11:58 (Ref:3637086)   #40
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Remember it has been more than 10 years, has it not, that any teams other than Triple 8, HRT or PRA have won Bathurst.

The lack of diversity of winning teams in this current era has never been matched throughout the history of The Great Race.

you are right when you limit it to team, I reckon when one guy wins it 6 times in 7 years that might show a lack of diversity though

Holden winning 7 years in a row that showed a lack of diversity also

If i had a choice between putting $1000 on one car this year and putting it on 1 car in 1984 ! and everyone else would have choosen 84, where as this year by your calc its on 1 car out of 7 (or 8 if you count waters)

Last edited by peckstar; 29 Apr 2016 at 12:08.
Old 1 May 2016, 03:04 (Ref:3637435)   #41
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
you are right when you limit it to team, I reckon when one guy wins it 6 times in 7 years that might show a lack of diversity though

Holden winning 7 years in a row that showed a lack of diversity also

If i had a choice between putting $1000 on one car this year and putting it on 1 car in 1984 ! and everyone else would have choosen 84, where as this year by your calc its on 1 car out of 7 (or 8 if you count waters)
True, Brock dominated that era, but when he didn't win the spoils were shared by more teams.

I am sure that as we get closer to the endurance races people will suggest that teams like BJR, Tekno or GRM have a good chance at winning but recent years have shown the the big three teams have a virtual lockout when it comes to success on the big stage.
Old 2 May 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3637920)   #42
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this clown have anyone check his work before publishing it?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsp...61e506daf4c477

Quote:
The man who won both his Mount Panorama crowns in a Ford before switching to Holden will come out of retirement and defect to Nissan.
Old 2 May 2016, 20:21 (Ref:3637940)   #43
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
Does this clown have anyone check his work before publishing it?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsp...61e506daf4c477

I'd expect this from someone who doesn't follow the sport but from an 'insider' like Phelps that type of inaccuracy is inexcusable.

He's a hack.
Old 2 May 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3637962)   #44
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
The Enforcer joins Nissan Motorsport

Wow Rusty at Nissan, somewhat surprising, although less suprising after the test day
Old 2 May 2016, 21:56 (Ref:3637963)   #45
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And the best news of all, we according to Mr. Phelps, we have a brand new manufacturer joining the series, NISSEN.
Old 3 May 2016, 00:00 (Ref:3637989)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The Enforcer joins Nissan Motorsport

Wow Rusty at Nissan, somewhat surprising, although less suprising after the test day
Its a good move from a Nissan marketing perspective, to have Mr Ingall in their colours and on the teev across the 3 events... should get the Sengled car some great coverage that may not have otherwise been available.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 May 2016, 03:29 (Ref:3638020)   #47
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Its a good move from a Nissan marketing perspective, to have Mr Ingall in their colours and on the teev across the 3 events... should get the Sengled car some great coverage that may not have otherwise been available.
Agree.

The downside is it won't get them any closer to winning.
Old 4 May 2016, 06:16 (Ref:3638345)   #48
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
And the best news of all, we according to Mr. Phelps, we have a brand new manufacturer joining the series, NISSEN.
In fairness Phelps probably didn't write the headline or physically type/publish the article on the website but it is still a shocking error by News Limited. Do they have proof readers?
Old 4 May 2016, 09:20 (Ref:3638396)   #49
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Do they have proof readers?
Function was moved offshore a few years ago, New Zealand as I recall.
Old 4 May 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3638399)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I see that PRA will be announcing their co-drivers this week or at least the canto seat