Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 5 Jun 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1320597)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brilliant brilliant MotoGP

Just where does Rossi get it from?
His concentration under such pressure was just terrific. I didn't see one mistake.
Sensational race, particularly for the Italians, and amazingly clean.
Great for Ducati to get to the rostrum.
Still think Eorosport's commentry team are perfect. Very funny, full of insight, Mamola always on the button.
Doesn't get much better than this. Wonderful on bike shots. THAT close at 200 mph!
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1320615)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed it was excellant, good to see Max up there too. Anyone know the conditon of Mikka Kallio after his crash whilst leading at the last corner of the 125 race?
Old 5 Jun 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1320830)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent racing IMO, shame the end result is the same as always though. Still a good clean race but you just always knew that Rossi had something over everyone else which IMO is a bit of a shame.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1320839)   #4
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Agreed it was excellant, good to see Max up there too. Anyone know the conditon of Mikka Kallio after his crash whilst leading at the last corner of the 125 race?
Excellent racing, as always.

I understand that Mikka's injuries are not life threatening but other than that I have no idea. Awful accident though.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1320875)   #5
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definatly an exellent race, was really nice to see Max up there again In the closing laps my attention turned from the front pair to the bike they were coming up to lap.. #22. Did anyone else hear it? It had an engine tone very very similar to an F1 car and I thought it was incredible to hear.

I've been informed by somone that it was actually a Blata. Anyone know anything about it? I knew they were making a V6, but is that what they were running today??
Old 5 Jun 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1320891)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic race it was, action all the way as ever. Loris' attempts to pass Marco were extremely exciting, and he was perhaps unlucky not to get through earlier and be able to chase Max. Valé judged the race really well, and pulled off some bravado by making the move in front of Max's fan club. Maybe Max's choice of 'Casanova corner' was a little arrogant on his part? Still, good to see him back in contention after his leg injury.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 00:58 (Ref:1320976)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, great race, especially some of the passes that Melandri made!
Overtaking Max and Rossi in one sliding go!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 01:08 (Ref:1320984)   #8
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic racing from Rossi/Biaggi/Loris/Melandri purely spectacular to watch a contest up front (FINALLY!!) and Biaggi and Rossi shook hands with a bit more consideration. And even a pat on the back from Biaggi in the press conference.....is Sete the new Biaggi??

And for the 250cc i could not walk away for 1 second in this race. Amazing stuff. If only Dovi had stayed in it, it would have been an even more exciting race.

But boy o boy can that Lorenzo ride a bike or WHAT!! and poor Stoner some problems with the steering on his bike and a dejected Luco C as he knew the bike wasn't up to standards at the end of the GP.

But Danny Pedrosa cracked the nut at the right moment on those final two laps and really rode a perfect race.

As for Kallio and Hector:

taken from Moto-live

Quote:
The Finnish rider perfectly and quickly recovered from the head injury he had suffered and is already preparing at Clinica Mobile for the Catalan GP to be raced in Barcelona next weekend. Kallio suffered right thigh and foot contusions and a minor crack to his 5th metatarsal bone.

Hector Faubel also suffered head injury and slowly regained consciousness. The Spaniard is also suffering from a right-side chest injury and for this reason he was referred to the nearby Borgo San Lorenzo hospital for a CT scan which we hope will turn out to be negative.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 06:34 (Ref:1321067)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats good news on Kallio, the accident was of his own making thru trying to hard but I thought he might have paid a higher price looking at the replay. It seemed as if Hector ran over him, sad to hear he also had to go to hospital as he was an innocent victim. If he had been further back he would have won the race. C'est la vie. Hope both the guys are back racing soon, even this coming weekend if they can manage it.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1321191)   #10
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah awesome weekend, I do not hope that those new rules will make racing become bad?!?
Fantastic effort from the Italian maulers
Marco was great, Rossi needs more pushing like that it was too great to watch, he is a freaking fantastic Champion for sure, everything turned up a notch this race, great clean race too.
Great to see Max back in form, and awesome third place for Loris, sad that Melandri did not get a podium, he deserved it, but there is only room for three.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1321210)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to congragulate Gabor Talmasci for his debut win - well deserved even if very fortunate. However, I fogot to post my usual spread of tips.

Re: the new rules. The only problem with the new rules is the outlawing of 2-strokes, and that historically speaking it should be 750ccs, I mean who makes a 800cc motorcycle? But armchair champions world wide predict that it'll make the bikes more like the 500ccs with peaky powerbands and highsides, so the new rules will possibly make it even better.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1321248)   #12
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say after watching that Moto GP yesterday I was nackered! It was like watching 23 last laps! Valentino Rossi was brilliant there all brilliant and great to see Max back up there
Old 6 Jun 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1321260)   #13
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole
Have to say after watching that Moto GP yesterday I was nackered! It was like watching 23 last laps! Valentino Rossi was brilliant there all brilliant and great to see Max back up there
Yeh an EPIC 250cc race which was awesome for every single lap, had my fingers tapping away with tension, and butterflies flying everywhere, as im Aussie and a huge fan of Stoner and i also love watching Dovi, Loopy Lorenzo and even the mastery of Pedrosa. And that race was awesome despite Randy falling off (again), Porto not finding any real damaging pace, and Dovi with a problem.

But Moto a fantastic race, another finger tapping race with tension. Its fantastic to watch and sometimes you could fall asleep watching a race, but not in this one. At the start it was like a 125cc start.

Amazing stuff. Best rider won in the end. (As usual....ROSSI!!)
Old 6 Jun 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1321743)   #14
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Valé judged the race really well, and pulled off some bravado by making the move in front of Max's fan club. Maybe Max's choice of 'Casanova corner' was a little arrogant on his part?

Surely even Rossi wouldn't know where his rival's fan clubs are outside the circuit? His own, yes, but Biaggi's?

Vyvyan - The Young Ones
Old 6 Jun 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1321745)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What more can you say about Rossi? A truly wonderful champion.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1321773)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Valé has spies out there - you'd be surprised at how much the guy can thnk on his feet. He's basically like Michael Schumacher, but with a zest for mischief and an unflappable joie de vivre.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 05:39 (Ref:1322055)   #17
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Re: the new rules. The only problem with the new rules is the outlawing of 2-strokes, and that historically speaking it should be 750ccs, I mean who makes a 800cc motorcycle?
The 800cc rule has been brought in specifically so that production based (750cc) engines cant be used and purpose built race engines must be produced by the factories. This is the same reason that the current limit is 990cc not 1000cc. Otherwise it would be easy for them to use engines based on their superbike engines. They want to maintain a distinction between MotoGP and Superbikes with MotoGP being the premier category.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1322272)   #18
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
As far as Moto wanting to be better than Superbikes it goes without saying the talent in Moto is ten times better that in Superbikes. Moto is just the best of the best.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1322317)   #19
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't completely agree with that Oaks. The bikes aren'the same, and as such the skills required to ride them don't totally overlap. Troy, Ruben and especially Colin have all adapted pretty quickly, and I'm sure Vermeulen on a works Honda would be a victory contender.

As for Rossi, what can you say? Perhaps the greatest sportsman currently involved in any sport, not just talented but the complete article.