Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Jul 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1362834)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DEI On The Way Out

I read a discussion on another board where some people think DEI will no longer exist within 3 to 5 years. The thinking is that basically they are an organization that is "directionless" and that John Menard will buy and own the organization and change the name to Menard's. Face it, DEI stood for DAle Earnhardt Inc, not Dale Jr Inc.

John Menard is a very smart businessman and he recognizes that there is money to be made in Nascar and thinks the sport will become an even bigger "cash cow" in years to come. Menard would also like to be in charge of providing Paul with the full support of a Nascar team owned by himself.

Any thoughts on the subject?
Old 28 Jul 2005, 01:08 (Ref:1365180)   #2
JR90
Rookie

United States
JR90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as Earnhardt Jr. is happy, DEI will stay intact. Menard has enough problems with his engines, let alone ownership.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1366307)   #3
nascarmad
Rookie

Australia
Australia
nascarmad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think DEI are on the way out even if Dale Jr left
Old 1 Aug 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1369424)   #4
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has been rumored that John Menard will buy either part of DEI or buy it outright. John Menard is a good businessman and he has been involved with race team ownership/sponsorship for years. It does not seem too far fetched for him to buy out a team. From what I can see there are major problems with the management at DEI which will ultimately lead to the teams downfall. They have made some poor choices, like switching crews at the end of last season. I think if the results continue to be poor the sponsors will leave and that will put DEI out of business. Junior has expressed an interest to drive for RCR in the future and if the #8 continues to run poorly then we may see this happen. Dale Sr. always wanted the best equipment and Junior is no different. If leaves then DEI will have nothing.

J.D.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 02:04 (Ref:1369779)   #5
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still say like I did in another board that I think that Petty would be the choice not DEI.But name recognition os one of NAscar's strength,meaning that the name Petty and Earnhardt are what people who dont know too much of NAscar associate with.Performance wise DEI has done better then Petty but what would be the criteria?Directionless is not a good enough excuse for me.
The forums head dirtbag and headhog
Old 3 Aug 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1371442)   #6
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Menard?? What racing entity has he been involved with that has ever done anything of note? He pours cash into these ventures and has an unmatched record of failure...... he may know home improvement stores, but he seems clueless about racing.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1372306)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He may be clueless but has been been involved and supported racing for a very long time in the US, whatever his results he should be applauded for staying involved!
And I happen to think his lad is doing a damn fine job in Busch, even if his results are rather over shadowed by Sorenson who looks rather good for a teenager!
Old 5 Aug 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1373404)   #8
spinpsychle
Rookie

spinpsychle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
I read a discussion on another board where some people think DEI will no longer exist within 3 to 5 years. The thinking is that basically they are an organization that is "directionless" and that John Menard will buy and own the organization and change the name to Menard's. Face it, DEI stood for DAle Earnhardt Inc, not Dale Jr Inc.

John Menard is a very smart businessman and he recognizes that there is money to be made in Nascar and thinks the sport will become an even bigger "cash cow" in years to come. Menard would also like to be in charge of providing Paul with the full support of a Nascar team owned by himself.

Any thoughts on the subject?
Yeah. John Menard is a great businessman. Look how well his IRL team did. Two championships and they still couldn't stay afloat. Whereas Kelley Racing, with no titles, still exists. Interesting, no?