Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Mar 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2659895)   #26
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
Im sure even 12 clios will produce a good race
I don't know. To be honest, I've never found the new Clios as good as the previous ones. They were a hard act to follow.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2659896)   #27
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i still have faith in them causing enough chaos to be an interesting race
Old 25 Mar 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2660054)   #28
Delenn
Rookie

England
Delenn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
i still have faith in them causing enough chaos to be an interesting race
Speaking of Clios and chaos, does anyone know if Hodgetts has a drive this year?
Old 29 Mar 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2663081)   #29
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delenn View Post
Speaking of Clios and chaos, does anyone know if Hodgetts has a drive this year?
Stefan or Chris?

Stefan is driver coach for JHR.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2663610)   #30
Delenn
Rookie

England
Delenn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stefan. Races are always lively when he is around.

Thanks for the info.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2664231)   #31
Barman1963
Rookie

Barman1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, from what I can gather:
28 Porsche, 20 FR, 15 Clio, 13 G50 but can't find any further news on G40 Juniors.

Not looking good for the premier racing package thus far.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2664247)   #32
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Personally, I would take out one of the permanent support series and revert to guest series.

There are some packed grids in championships like Ma5da Racing and Lotus Trophy, this would give some variety to the BTCC supports and put the club racers onto a bigger platform.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2664662)   #33
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the Juniors have a full grid. Real shame if the Clios are that thin though

Taking out one of the permanent supports and having a guest series would work for me, personally I'd lose FR in a heartbeat...
Old 1 Apr 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2664706)   #34
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's only the Clios which are that much lighter than last year, which isn't too bad a situation in the current climate. Neither Ginetta series had more than 12-15 regulars last year anyway, and the Porsche and Renault grids are big enough.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2664722)   #35
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the only problem with the guest series is the costs to race on the TOCA package when compared to normal clubbies, im sure theres people out there that know more about it but im sure i read it was quite a bit pricier due to the tv coverage
Old 1 Apr 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2665012)   #36
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i couldnt understand why the void left by formula bmw wasnt used for a guest series. give the club series guesting a reduced rate comparded to the usually supports to help them to. then use the guest spot alongside the whole 'go motorsport' thing to advertise what other racing there is in the country. so many people just go to the tourers and this could be used to publicise whatelse you could perhaps spectate, volunteer for or even compete in.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2665583)   #37
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Invader View Post
i couldnt understand why the void left by formula bmw wasnt used for a guest series. give the club series guesting a reduced rate comparded to the usually supports to help them to. then use the guest spot alongside the whole 'go motorsport' thing to advertise what other racing there is in the country. so many people just go to the tourers and this could be used to publicise whatelse you could perhaps spectate, volunteer for or even compete in.
Whilst I don't disagree with the idea of using BTCC meetings to promote club race meetings (indeed, I can see some series making a positive contribution to the entertainment provided at a BTCC meeting), I would question whether it would be possible to do as you suggest. Firstly, if subsidies are to be offered to club series, then the question has to be asked as to who will be funding this subsidy. Secondly, I can foresee some bad feeling being created amongst those in other support series, who are in affect paying a significant premium to appear alongside the BTCC and this may not be conducive to securing those series' long term futures.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2665590)   #38
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just gutted I never got to see Clio's at Knockhill

Scottish Formula Ford is entertaining though.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2665606)   #39
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clio's will be going to Knockhill this year along with FR
Old 2 Apr 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2665611)   #40
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Invader View Post
I might be alone here, but I would want to see more saloon series. I care little for open wheel supports, though Formula Ford can be entertaining.

The old National Saloon Cup would have been the ideal support series if the BTCC hadn't have swallowed it up then spat it out between 2001-2003, a real shame, but predictable.

I wonder why a marque like BMW doesn't support a 320i series or something, production based 320i's with a racing box, slicks and a roll cage. Would be fantastic.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2665615)   #41
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I might be alone here, but I would want to see more saloon series. I care little for open wheel supports, though Formula Ford can be entertaining.
I'm with you on that one, more saloon series. That's why people go, so give them a bit more than what we get at the moment. I think some more club stuff would be good, just because on the occasions I've been I've got a bit bored of spec series. Part of motorsport is cars, and I just find it a bi boring watching lots of races that have no variety. I mean, one or two spec series is fine, but a few more open ones would improve the show no end.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 01:44 (Ref:2665673)   #42
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Supercopa León? Chevy Cruze Cup?

gregc, check these drivers: Lewis Hamilton, Mike Conway, Oliver Jarvis, James Jakes, Sam Bird, Duncan Tappy, Adam Christodoulou. All of them were successful in the FR2.0 UK. Do you believe that series would deliver so many top drivers if it raced alone?
Old 3 Apr 2010, 05:09 (Ref:2665709)   #43
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't deny the talent that's come through FR, in fact I'm almost certain you've missed one, but that doesn't change the fact that it's dull to watch. It's become the "get a burger" race for me when I'm at the circuit I'm afraid.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2665758)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I don't deny the talent that's come through FR, in fact I'm almost certain you've missed one, but that doesn't change the fact that it's dull to watch. It's become the "get a burger" race for me when I'm at the circuit I'm afraid.
Hah, the "get a burger" race tends to vary from year to year. It used to be the Vectra SRi V6 series back in 1998, then it was the Renault Spider series, or Formula Renault etc.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2666043)   #45
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember the days when we had 4 single seater series on the support package! Lots of burger opportunities then.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2666081)   #46
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can i just say what an unfortunate name Mr Goff has, not being nasty but every time the commentator today said Jack Goff i heard quite a few people laugh
Old 3 Apr 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2666151)   #47
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Depends what circuit and where you watch from, they are awesome through westfield bend, so many cars on the edge and actually moving about quite a bit over the bump. But you cant them to be able to overtake on brands hatch indy circuit.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2666429)   #48
RUSHY44
Rookie

RUSHY44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor901 View Post
can i just say what an unfortunate name Mr Goff has, not being nasty but every time the commentator today said Jack Goff i heard quite a few people laugh
My nephew is called Jack Tofte!! And I swear that is true!!

When my brother-in-law and his now Ex named him they hadn't said the name out loud. Needless to say his surname very quickly became double-barrelled to include the mum's surname.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2666744)   #49
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While we're on funny names, Roger Orgee always made me chuckle in FBMW in 2006. And Rui Chagas, when pronounced, I think, correctly by the commentators with an 'sh' at the front and two s' at the end.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 01:00 (Ref:2666883)   #50
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Depends what circuit and where you watch from, they are awesome through westfield bend, so many cars on the edge and actually moving about quite a bit over the bump. But you cant them to be able to overtake on brands hatch indy circuit.
In all fairness, while I did indeed get a burger at the time, having just watched today's race back they were pretty good. Proved, in fact, that slicks'n'wings does not have to be boring. Plenty of overtaking, good exciting racing - I could yet be converted...