Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Mar 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3621869)   #251
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
This is no logic to it at all.

I know this won't be popular but the solution is to cease penalising for contact and leave it the drivers hands.

Short term expect carnage.

Long term, once the teams suffer on-going cost of repairs and drivers realise that if you treat someone fairy they'll treat you that way too.

Remember NASCAR has few penalties for on track indiscretions (except if you are Matt Kenseth) and the amount of blatant bumping to pass is less than the myth around it might have you believe.

But to repeat, short term it would be carnage.

The cure at the moment is worse than the disease.

V8SC has gotten too penalty happy in the past decade for contact. They're big, tough cars on usually smaller tracks.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 23:02 (Ref:3621977)   #252
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

V8SC has gotten too penalty happy in the past decade for contact. They're big, tough cars on usually smaller tracks.
I'm not sure I'd say they're penalty happy - everyman and his dog thought SVG would be penalised and he wasn't. The precedent is set now so if anything we should see less penalties this year.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 23:13 (Ref:3621980)   #253
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
I'm not sure I'd say they're penalty happy - everyman and his dog thought SVG would be penalised and he wasn't. The precedent is set now so if anything we should see less penalties this year.
The incident wasnt as clear cut as it looked, SVG was down the inside and JC turned in on him, admitingly SVG had missed the corner.

But he redressed the situation and JC was able to continue undamaged. this is probably the important point

Note also it was wet, so this creates some extenuating circumstance

in the other incident that was punished Chaz just messed up and hit him

and if you know enough about me that is a pretty fair assessment against my natural bias

That being said, lets hope they keep the standard.

NASCAR shows that contrary to what Chavez said that incidents in NASCAR escalate to more severe issues, where as we have never seen that in v8 supercars. Never seen a punch up either (although im aware they have happened)
Old 10 Mar 2016, 23:57 (Ref:3621993)   #254
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The incident wasnt as clear cut as it looked, SVG was down the inside and JC turned in on him, admitingly SVG had missed the corner.

But he redressed the situation and JC was able to continue undamaged. this is probably the important point

Note also it was wet, so this creates some extenuating circumstance

in the other incident that was punished Chaz just messed up and hit him

and if you know enough about me that is a pretty fair assessment against my natural bias

That being said, lets hope they keep the standard.

NASCAR shows that contrary to what Chavez said that incidents in NASCAR escalate to more severe issues, where as we have never seen that in v8 supercars. Never seen a punch up either (although im aware they have happened)
It was clear cut and redressing is fine, but CL gained a spot on JC because of it.
Old 11 Mar 2016, 00:12 (Ref:3621997)   #255
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
It was clear cut and redressing is fine, but CL gained a spot on JC because of it.
Chaz was clear cut. SVG was not. My initial reaction was JC turned in on him. If we disagree on this, then it is not clear cut

Even more importantly than lowndes gaining a spot, SVG's team mate gained a spot so thats a big problem with redressing. Redressing by definition means "remedy or set right (an undesirable or unfair situation)" . If you are in first and you are now in second the situation has not been set right

Could mean the opportunity for some delibrate take out and redressing late in the season.

I think they need to clarify what it means
Old 11 Mar 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3621998)   #256
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They couldn't cut across the infield this time (like SVG and Bright incident)
Old 14 Mar 2016, 04:18 (Ref:3622615)   #257
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is interesting to compare the traffic on this years thread with last year.

This year there was so much controversy that the thread ran hot for days.

In fact the number of replies was 40% greater than last year indicating that a lot of people wanted to have their say.

Conversely the number of views has fallen by 26% from 17668 to 13146.

I will leave for others to pontificate on this.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 02:17 (Ref:3622861)   #258
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, for goodness sake, just stick to the subject and stop all this nonsense. If anyone's finding anyone else's posting style annoying, just ignore them and stop turning every thread into a discussion of the same one or two posters by the same three or four posters.

Frankly, grow up.

I've now deleted all of the blah, blah, blah posts. Both before and after.

Last edited by Woolley; 15 Mar 2016 at 13:34.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 13:29 (Ref:3622983)   #259
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
I have never once on this, or any, forum called anyone a troll, including you. Please provide the evidence to the contrary if you have it and i'll immediately apologise.
*ENOUGH*

Do it by PM if you have to, but no more off topic personal discussions, please.