Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Feb 2017, 03:48 (Ref:3708923)   #1
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VALE ANTRODEMUS!!

It with very wet eyes and a very heavy heart that I am writing to inform you all that our 10-10ths moderator, and my very good mate, Antrodemus, has completed his pit stop and taken his last chequered flag! With his other great interest being cricket, it is fair to say that this news has knocked me right out of the park!

I received a phone call yesterday at 1:24 pm (February 2nd NZ Time - because we are an international motorsport forum) and all hell broke loose. I quickly ascertained that everything wasn't ok at The OK Corral.

Somehow, composure remained with me, and I was soon on the phone to the Coronial Inquiry Officer of the Wellington Police to find out more than the brief garbled message that I'd had to unencrypt. As harsh as it may sound, it was a massive relief to learn that the death seemed to be caused by a medical event, subject to the coronial-related investigation, but foul play and self-harm have been ruled out. That still hasn't really made the whole situation much easier to deal with, but at the same time it has provided some relief, in a strange kind of way.

I have spoken with the family and they are coming to terms with the situation. They have asked me to inform you all of the situation as well. Facts are important as this is, after all, a motorsport forum, so I have shared with you all as many facts as I know at this time. I have cleared out my Inbox so that any of you who wish to can, in confidence, send your tributes to the family of Antrodemus. Please do include your contact details as, in time, they may well wish to make contact with you.

There will be more to come in the form of a tribute because Antrodemus touched so many of you on here by taking down your comments ( ) and running the 10-10ths V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship, which is how I first met him, via his cool liveries

I will miss him dearly, and I am sure that you will all salute him with me

Antrodemus is 4th from the right!

Last edited by Just Do It!; 3 Feb 2017 at 04:00. Reason: Because I am a blubbering wreck, barely able to read my own screen
Old 3 Feb 2017, 03:52 (Ref:3708926)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Wow!

Vale Antrodemus, you rocked.

Very sad loss JDI for you, his family and all his friends.

RIP
Old 3 Feb 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3708933)   #3
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sorry to hear this ,never had the privalege of meeting you but from what I've heard you were very honarable man RIP a very sad loss condolences to his friends and family
Old 3 Feb 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3708956)   #4
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Condolences to you, JDI, on the loss of a good mate, and to his family for the aching hole now opened in their ranks which will never close. A sad loss for so many of the regulars here, who have enjoyed his fellowship over a long period of time.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3708976)   #5
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

RIP,
As a volunteer Flaggy and a Motorsport fan, I will miss him thru his posts, and the Ten Tenths fantasy Champion ship.

NZ is just over the ditch, but we share a lot in common.

stay strong and remember the person.
Celebrate the life they shared .
Old 3 Feb 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3708987)   #6
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Antrodemus, condolences from Italy

I'm here since little time, but I really appreciated the work you did on the Supercars Fantasy Championship. I'm sure you were a good person "live" also...
Old 3 Feb 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3709021)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is very sad. I knew him only through his posts, and as a fellow moderator. And through those became aware of a huge passion for the sport and of a very keen sense of humour.

More sadly, on a personal note, we tried to arrange to meet last time I passed through NZ, but my itinerary and his availability failed to coincide and it didn't happen. 'Next time, for sure' we said. But there is no next time now. I'm sure I missed a treat.

Huge condolences to all of his family and friends.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 22:39 (Ref:3709179)   #8
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is very saddening news.

Thoughts with the family and friends, and those who knew him well, like JDI.

Rest in peace.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 01:59 (Ref:3709214)   #9
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rest in peace to one of the legends of this forum. I only knew Antrodemus through here, but he seemed a great bloke and I know he will be sadly missed by many, both on and off line.
And JDI, thoughts are with you and his family and friends at this very sad time.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3709355)   #10
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WOAH! Never expected this today! Such a huge loss to the community. Farewell our friend.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3709366)   #11
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad news.

While I can't claim that I knew him personally, I appreciate all the work he put in running the best fantasy championship I've ever taken part in.

Condolences to his friends and family.
Old 5 Feb 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3710249)   #12
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone who was quite happy to provide his spreadsheets and formula's in the backend to me to help run the NASCAR Fantasy team comp and then his time once I broke them. A true Gentleman. RIP Antro.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 02:20 (Ref:3710603)   #13
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Life's short. Do what you love. Enjoy those close to you.

I don't even really know him and it still hits real hard. Condolences to those that knew him well.

RIP Antrodemus. A gentlemen and a scholar.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3710654)   #14
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A true shock and terrible news, thoughts are with those friends and family. RIP Antro
Old 7 Feb 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3710761)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
R.I.P.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 23:38 (Ref:3711588)   #16
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Everyone

Here are the funeral details for Antrodemus - particularly for those of you in the Christchurch/ Canterbury area - as that's where he comes from.

CRIBB, Simon David
Suddenly and unexpected in Wellington, aged 35 years. Loved son and brother of Janet and Wally, and Lauren. Loved nephew of Neroli, Ken and Shona, and Maurice and Linda, and a loved cousin. Messages to the Cribb family may be addressed to c/- 19 London Street, Christchurch 8013. A Funeral Service for Simon will be held in The John Rhind Chapel, entrance off London and Whitmore Streets, Christchurch, on Thursday, February 16, at 1.00pm.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 23:52 (Ref:3711590)   #17
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks JDI. For those of us across the ditch and can't make it there, can you let the family know how well respected and appreciated he was here.
Old 12 Feb 2017, 09:29 (Ref:3711641)   #18
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Hi Everyone

Here are the funeral details for Antrodemus - particularly for those of you in the Christchurch/ Canterbury area - as that's where he comes from.

CRIBB, Simon David
Suddenly and unexpected in Wellington, aged 35 years. Loved son and brother of Janet and Wally, and Lauren. Loved nephew of Neroli, Ken and Shona, and Maurice and Linda, and a loved cousin. Messages to the Cribb family may be addressed to c/- 19 London Street, Christchurch 8013. A Funeral Service for Simon will be held in The John Rhind Chapel, entrance off London and Whitmore Streets, Christchurch, on Thursday, February 16, at 1.00pm.
Thanks JDI,
It will be a hard day , as it is my Wedding Anniversary, (16th Feb) . So day of happiness and a day of sadness .

Regards to Simon's family
Old 12 Feb 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3711681)   #19
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Hi Everyone

CRIBB, Simon David
Only 35 years old. Normally I'm not an emotional person but gotta say I'm shedding a few tears for our dear friend at the moment. He will be missed dearly.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 01:02 (Ref:3712724)   #20
Just Do It!
Veteran

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday's service for Simon was lovely, albeit rather emotional.

There was a strong motorsport theme as that was his major love.

If you would like to watch the recording of Simon's funeral, it is available as follows:

Go to www.oneroomstreaming.com and enter Event ID as johnrhindfuneral

The password is LUQXIF.

Please bring your own tissues and a tipple to toast the great man

Today still seems all so surreal like much of yesterday did
Old 17 Feb 2017, 01:09 (Ref:3712726)   #21
Just Do It!
Veteran

Here is a link to Simon's death notice - there are some lovely tributes to him there too - some of which are from the 10-10ths community.

Thank you to those who have paid tribute - it is very much appreciated.