Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 2 4.00%
9 0 0%
8 1 2.00%
7 6 12.00%
6 8 16.00%
5 10 20.00%
4 7 14.00%
3 7 14.00%
2 7 14.00%
1 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Apr 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3730079)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Russian Grand Prix 2017

What score do you give it?
Old 30 Apr 2017, 13:43 (Ref:3730086)   #2
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there was tension in the last 10 laps or so for the win but otherwise complete snorefest
Old 30 Apr 2017, 13:56 (Ref:3730087)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Boring race. Would have given it a four, but bumped it to a five due to Bottas first win.

Richard
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3730090)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Same for me Richard. Race worth a 4 but VB 1st win knocked it up to a 5.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:13 (Ref:3730096)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Limited actual overtaking but interesting result so gave it a 5
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3730098)   #6
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
I must have been watching a different race. Nearly the entire field drove a great race.
No one put a foot wrong (well, 'cept for Grosjean) so what more does one want? I know, I know, I know. "I want more excitement." It was there in the facct that all drove well....

There's more to excitement than the obvious nose to tail, side by side, racing. Great strategy, great driving. It was there today.

jimclark
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3730109)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it was rather dull and if there were other things going on further down the field, I didn't see it or the TV director didn't show it. 4.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:38 (Ref:3730110)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A lot of Grand Prix that we enthusiasts have down as classics were a tale of two drivers exchanging fastest lap times at the front, and someone prevailing or caving under pressure.

Not saying it was a classic, but it's way too simplistic to say "no overtaking, dull race." It doesn't need to be a BTCC round at Thruxton to be a good race.

It was tense, and I didn't know who was going to win until the last lap - that's a 7 for me, and would've been higher if the opening exchanges had offered more.

The main protagonists being faster at different points in the race always makes for compelling viewing in my book.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3730114)   #9
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 4. It's a tricky circuit to actually race on. Only the start and finish were worthwhile watching.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 15:40 (Ref:3730124)   #10
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
A lot of Grand Prix that we enthusiasts have down as classics were a tale of two drivers exchanging fastest lap times at the front, and someone prevailing or caving under pressure.

Not saying it was a classic, but it's way too simplistic to say "no overtaking, dull race." It doesn't need to be a BTCC round at Thruxton to be a good race.

It was tense, and I didn't know who was going to win until the last lap - that's a 7 for me, and would've been higher if the opening exchanges had offered more.

The main protagonists being faster at different points in the race always makes for compelling viewing in my book.

jimclark
Old 30 Apr 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3730125)   #11
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5: a bit boring with the only overtaking happening at the start.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3730127)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
5, tension in the last few laps and a great first time win for Bottas, but once again the aero ruined any chance of proper battles
Old 30 Apr 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3730152)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'll give it a 4.

I've pushed that score up because it's Bottas' first and he got put under pressure but gravity forces my score down again because the track both looks and is so uninspiring and dull.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 18:36 (Ref:3730158)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never before has an F1 race been this boring. Apart from most of 1995. And 1996. And etc...
Old 30 Apr 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3730176)   #15
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
2. Dull. Was there a single overtake attempt apart from the opening half a lap?

Gets a bonus point for a new race winner.

There were not even any significantly different stategies on show to add any uncertainty

Last edited by steve_r; 30 Apr 2017 at 19:48.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3730179)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
3. And that's generous. Apart from Bottas breaking his duck and the chase in the last few laps, it was ditchwater stuff.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3730207)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
3. And that's generous. Apart from Bottas breaking his duck and the chase in the last few laps, it was ditchwater stuff.
Maybe I should have been washing my dishes, rather than watching the race.
Old 1 May 2017, 05:07 (Ref:3730253)   #18
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6, too many issues with the tires.
Old 1 May 2017, 05:33 (Ref:3730258)   #19
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3, even the end was always going to be anti climatic as there was no way in hell Vet was going to get close enough to even contemplate an overtake and so that killed any excitement before it occurred. Rubbish racetrack.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 1 May 2017, 07:51 (Ref:3730282)   #20
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Putin had the right idea, arriving at his seat with a handful of laps to go.
After the SC I didn't see an overtake, Vettel was never going to get close enough to try a pass on Bottas.
It's a rubbish track and got the "race" it deserved.

Old 1 May 2017, 10:34 (Ref:3730315)   #21
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I'll give it a 5 including a bonus point for Bottas' first win.
Old 1 May 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3730335)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know why but I enjoyed it. Yes, it wasn't good for passing at all, but at least nowadays, there are tracks where you can pass. Sakhir was a case in point. Someone here said there wasn't a single pass after Lap 1. It seems like this year, overtaking will be a very track-dependent. I did think it was a track which made the cars look like they were on rails; quite interesting in itself, if not that exciting. A 7 because I enjoyed it, even if it was theoretically not great. I must just love Formula 1 as it is.
Old 1 May 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3730344)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5. VB kept it interesting for me. i dont think it was bad, just average. every one out there did well enough, few mistakes, but no one really did great.
Old 1 May 2017, 14:06 (Ref:3730363)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race was a bore, but the first few laps and the last few laps were enjoyable. It was an average race with a first time winner, so 6.
Old 1 May 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3730371)   #25
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Race was a bore, but the first few laps and the last few laps were enjoyable. It was an average race with a first time winner, so 6.
Have we really lost it...watching the best do a very good job?

jimclark