Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 May 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3731901)   #76
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Courtney seems to be Supercars version of Alonso , a top driver trapped in an uncompetitive situation?
And both with golden handcuffs....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 May 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3731905)   #77
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
“I feel like I am getting the reputation of being the dirtiest driver out there a little bit,” she said of her penalty. (Simona De Silvestro) (V8s website)

Does this seem like Simona acting like a princess or what. I have no issues with females in racing but I have seen a lot of blaming and not much taking responsibility from Simona. Adelaide, it was Courtney's fault for accidently hitting her when she didn't indicate to pit and then slowed on the race line. Barbagello, complains about the track, then complains that Chaz was at fault for coming over the crest with his lights on. Then says she has earnt a dirty name because of this year. No sympathy for her or anyone else, do the crime pay the time.
So it was Simona's fault in Adelaide but Rullo's fault when he hit Lowndes when he was going into the pits in Perth, if you ask me it is always the new persons fault
Old 7 May 2017, 10:43 (Ref:3731907)   #78
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8man View Post
So it was Simona's fault in Adelaide but Rullo's fault when he hit Lowndes when he was going into the pits in Perth, if you ask me it is always the new persons fault
To be fair, she was racing JC and she drove a weird line into the pits, so I am prepared to give JC a pass on that one, it wasn't deliberate on his part IMO.
Old 7 May 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3731909)   #79
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair, the drivers aren't mind readers.
Old 7 May 2017, 13:22 (Ref:3731939)   #80
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
almost a shattered camper.

hope they can get out of that car soon
But according to team management, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it...
Old 7 May 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3731957)   #81
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
ryan just showing he is out of his depth, worst owner the team has ever had
walkinshaw is only guilty of hiring average staff. His big mistake was losing Steve Hallam. He is not the engineer or team manager but the people who are are average at best who believe their own BS / PR...
Old 7 May 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3732045)   #82
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
walkinshaw is only guilty of hiring average staff. His big mistake was losing Steve Hallam. He is not the engineer or team manager but the people who are are average at best who believe their own BS / PR...
Agreed, But isnt that what i said effictevely
Old 7 May 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3732046)   #83
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waiting for the press release blaming M. Skaife
Old 8 May 2017, 02:17 (Ref:3732104)   #84
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Waiting for the press release blaming M. Skaife
Waiting to hear Skaife explain how DJRTP have to demonstrate pace at the next circuit seeing as its different to the last. Skaife has managed to roll that out for the last three rounds so why stop now?

On another more positive note the crowd looked to be pretty good at Wanneroo. Corporate land was another story. Looks like the big end of town is spending a lot less on hospitality as are the teams. For example the roof of the pit lane complex used to be wall to wall villas. This year they allowed the great unwashed up there. Was a pretty good spot to watch from.
Old 8 May 2017, 02:28 (Ref:3732108)   #85
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Lowndes keen for Perth pit entry rethink
Old 8 May 2017, 02:33 (Ref:3732109)   #86
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/05/02/...ise-home-soil/

Rullo's big surprise.

Waiting... waiting...

Lolz
Old 8 May 2017, 04:51 (Ref:3732121)   #87
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
On another more positive note the crowd looked to be pretty good at Wanneroo. Corporate land was another story. Looks like the big end of town is spending a lot less on hospitality as are the teams. For example the roof of the pit lane complex used to be wall to wall villas. This year they allowed the great unwashed up there. Was a pretty good spot to watch from.
I made a post about the crowd for Friday (average)
Might have looked good on TV but not on previous years and yes the corporates and BIG Name Companies from the hire and mining sectors few and far between. I did see some complaints about the $75 entry fee for Saturday which didn't include pit paddock.

However now I have been to Bathurst, nothing beats Bathurst lol
Old 8 May 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3732127)   #88
djr81
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I made a post about the crowd for Friday (average)
Might have looked good on TV but not on previous years and yes the corporates and BIG Name Companies from the hire and mining sectors few and far between. I did see some complaints about the $75 entry fee for Saturday which didn't include pit paddock.

However now I have been to Bathurst, nothing beats Bathurst lol
I can only judge by how much room there was in the paddock to set up my comfy chair and how long it takes for the car park to disperse at the end of the day. Looked decent.

Pit entry was another $35 or so on top of the days ticket price. So for a couple people it was over $200. Having said that I stood above the djrtp pit for most of the race which was a pretty good vantage point. Best bit was Ryan Story wrestling with Ludo after the race so they could work out who wasn't going on the podium. They looked well happy, as you'd expect.

Even the teams are cutting back a bit. You notice the little things like the posters are now smaller or non existent, the numbers of guests trooping through the pit lanes are fewer and there aren't anything like so many companies selling/hustling/giving away stuff. Which is fine by me but probably not so good for whomever pays the bills at the WASCC or the teams.
Old 8 May 2017, 07:40 (Ref:3732147)   #89
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
I can only judge by how much room there was in the paddock to set up my comfy chair and how long it takes for the car park to disperse at the end of the day. Looked decent.

Pit entry was another $35 or so on top of the days ticket price. So for a couple people it was over $200. Having said that I stood above the djrtp pit for most of the race which was a pretty good vantage point. Best bit was Ryan Story wrestling with Ludo after the race so they could work out who wasn't going on the podium. They looked well happy, as you'd expect.

Even the teams are cutting back a bit. You notice the little things like the posters are now smaller or non existent, the numbers of guests trooping through the pit lanes are fewer and there aren't anything like so many companies selling/hustling/giving away stuff. Which is fine by me but probably not so good for whomever pays the bills at the WASCC or the teams.
Oh I do agree wasn't a bad crowd but deffinately down on numbers and corporates.
The viewing on top of pit lane was good but to be honest would rather the pits to be outside the track so we can see better viewing from the hill
Considering you pay 1k for a 4 day ticket for Bathurst including 2 day corporate package for Saturday and Sunday makes the GA pricing over the weekend insanely overpriced............but what do ya do !!!!
Old 8 May 2017, 09:51 (Ref:3732174)   #90
djr81
Racer

Join the WASCC!!!
Old 9 May 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3732352)   #91
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does the "other" pit entry get used at non-VASC events?
Old 9 May 2017, 05:02 (Ref:3732376)   #92
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
does the "other" pit entry get used at non-VASC events?
IM not sure but I have NO IDEA what they don't use THAT entry in place of the other stupid short entry.
Old 9 May 2017, 05:07 (Ref:3732378)   #93
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I mean, if they're that worried about cars cutting across it, put another sandtrap in.

It's not like there's a shortage of sand out there.
Old 9 May 2017, 05:55 (Ref:3732383)   #94
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was one incident out of 78-odd pit entrances during the two races on the weekend, is it really much of an issue?
Old 9 May 2017, 21:46 (Ref:3732547)   #95
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
There was one incident out of 78-odd pit entrances during the two races on the weekend, is it really much of an issue?
wasnt there a 2nd incident in race 2? a nissan involved

thats not a good stat

however did either driver indicate
Old 9 May 2017, 23:06 (Ref:3732550)   #96
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Moffat only just hung onto it on the way into pits at one stage after being tagged.
Old 10 May 2017, 04:42 (Ref:3732570)   #97
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Not really but when theres a perfectly good run off sweeping pit entry why not use that instead of the current one which creates dramas at time for entry straight after the corner!
Old 10 May 2017, 07:20 (Ref:3732602)   #98
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if safety is paramount, then why not. FIA is so big on Driver safety , then surely it should be changed.
One or two incidents are one or two too many
Old 10 May 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3732625)   #99
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
if safety is paramount, then why not. FIA is so big on Driver safety , then surely it should be changed.
One or two incidents are one or two too many
The current pitlane entry is safer as the entry speed is slower

The only thing causing the incident/s is either the driver in front not indicating they are entering the pits, or the driver behind not paying enough attention to what the car infront is doing.
Old 11 May 2017, 04:49 (Ref:3732753)   #100
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The current pitlane entry is safer as the entry speed is slower

The only thing causing the incident/s is either the driver in front not indicating they are entering the pits, or the driver behind not paying enough attention to what the car infront is doing.
Is that the only reason ? Why not chicane it then it speed limit it. Its much safer than the 90 degree turn then the turn right into the pits. Its Crap IMHO