Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 13 33.33%
6 12 30.77%
5 3 7.69%
4 4 10.26%
3 4 10.26%
2 2 5.13%
1 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Jul 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3749779)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Austrian Grand Prix 2017

What score do you give it?
Old 9 Jul 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3749796)   #2
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6 - it was okay. Fairly good start - and good to see Lewis scrap for a few places back there and also Danny fight over some as well. Then for the middle part quite dull. The ending wasn't as tense as I thought it would be - but it did liven it up a bit.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3749824)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5 average at best

Richard
Old 9 Jul 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3749878)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty boring, nothing memorable. I also don't think crashes and lame DRS passes improve the show so I gave it a 3.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3749996)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
It is a nice track (could be longer), which gives dramatic camera shots, and can show the speed of these machines. Sadly, after the first corner fiber shedding fest, it wasn't memorable.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3749997)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
7, pretty average race, although came alive a bit at the end
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3749999)   #7
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A lot of not much going on enlivened by the closing up of the front of the field toward the end.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3750000)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i enjoyed that one, 4 cars close at the end and three different cars on the podium so gave it a 6
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3750006)   #9
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fell asleep so.. it can't be more than a 3.. so it isn't.. gave it a 2
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3750010)   #10
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back to a normal F1 race.

Old 9 Jul 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3750017)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A dull affair, 2.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3750024)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A generous 4, bumped up to 5 by the potential excitement of the last couple of laps that fizzled out.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3750040)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A better way of spending the afternoon than most of the alternatives. And it got quite suspenseful at the end. 7.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 03:11 (Ref:3750077)   #14
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7, love the track.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3750088)   #15
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Was going to give it 5, but the last couple of laps made it a wee bit more interesting so a 6.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:28 (Ref:3750156)   #16
Mies7337
Racer

Netherlands
Hoek van Holland
Mies7337 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was really looking forward to the Austrian Grand Prix. But this was very dull. F1 racing needs at least one safety car per race to make it watchable. And the Pirelli tires are way too good, no degredation even when the tires look very bad. The new rules haven't made the racing better yet.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3750195)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
next to impossible to follow up the epicness that was Baku and while there was some good stuff i really didnt find myself all that interested. 4 for me.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3750286)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mies7337 View Post
I was really looking forward to the Austrian Grand Prix. But this was very dull. F1 racing needs at least one safety car per race to make it watchable. And the Pirelli tires are way too good, no degredation even when the tires look very bad. The new rules haven't made the racing better yet.
You cannot be serious!!!! The safety car should be consigned to the history books. It destroys the sporting contest. If you really believe that, please go off to watch Indycar or Nascar or American wrestling. Let us get back to Formula 1 as a proper contest between drivers and teams where the best man wins, without being given a big boost by the safety car.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3750291)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What we needed was the expected rain to come
Old 11 Jul 2017, 00:11 (Ref:3750302)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Unfortunately, the F1 Rain God was not obliging. Someone should re-investigate Bernie's sprinkler system.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3750328)   #21
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
It absolutely belted down, with hail too, just a few hours after the race ended. If that thunder storm had hit during the race, the race would have been for sure.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3750514)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll go for a 6 this time. It was a decent race and there were some good moves going on near the beginning and some tension for 2 major positions at the end.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 23:21 (Ref:3750575)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, a red flag and 20 laps of safety car was exactly what was needed!