Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 May 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1613844)   #1
Saintric
Rookie

Saintric has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The rising Stars

Who do u guys think is THE next generation driver to look out for that are currently NOT in F1? after reading the thread about bruno senna (who to be honest i have not really followed so far) I jus wanted to hear others opinions on who u think will make the most impact

Id have to say Lewis Hamilton I have watched him track side at silverstone and on television and the remember the days when he got pole in the bercy kart race ahead of coulthard and villenueve also when he raced schumacher in the final round of the karting world championship in which micheal made a guest appearence and schumacher actually said he see's Hamilton as a future world champion.
over to you guys......
Old 18 May 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1613860)   #2
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Saintric in that I would imagine that both Lewis Hamilton and Bruno Senna will have good careers in F1. In addition, I suspect that Robert Kubica, Heikki Kovaleinen (I know technically they are already in F1), Paul di Resta and Michael Ammermuller will soon be in F1 race seats.
Old 18 May 2006, 23:17 (Ref:1613864)   #3
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
next F1 stars already in F1 doing testing

Robert Kubica, Heikki Kovaleinen

Would be good if Hamilton makes but then again he's had Ron Dennis supporting him since he was 10 yrs old (or there-abouts) so he da** well should make it!
Old 19 May 2006, 04:23 (Ref:1613932)   #4
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton/Kovaleinen/Kubica/Parente/Senna would be my top 5 picks to be the next wave of F1 talent.
Old 19 May 2006, 05:07 (Ref:1613947)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton looks like he has the potential to dominate motorsport for many a year, I have to say. He certainly has a big part to play.

Other than that we have those already mentioned and a few other surprises no doubt.

I'd also like to think Gary Paffett will play a part in this future, but I'm unsure he'll get the chances. Which would be a great shame.
Old 19 May 2006, 06:16 (Ref:1613972)   #6
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosburg is younger than 1/2 those guys, so I guess he counts.
Old 19 May 2006, 07:45 (Ref:1614012)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Kipper, your list looks pretty much spot on.

With regards to other's I'm not so sure Parente is that good unfortunately - he did spend several years in F3 even though last year was fairly impressive, winning the title comprehensively after missing a few rounds?

Hamilton and Ammermuller are the GP2 stand outs for me, as both have shone on their debut seasons.

I also think Piquet and Viso will get a shot at F1, but perhaps they won't be superstars?

Below that in WSR Renault, Rossiter seems quite rated by some, but there seems to be a numbner of drivers of a very simialr level. Of those Salignon and Maldonado are possibly the most naturally talented. Salignon might be up against Perera and Gommendy as the next French hope judging by the latter two's respective performances in GP2.

Salignon has recovered his form after a confidence shattering shunt last year - so that's a good sign of grit and depth of character. Perera is obviously rated by Toyota and he has begun qualifying well so a win might be around the corner.

Gommendy has impressed me because although he's quite experienced, he has consistently started banging in results and I think he will continue to imrprive as the season goes on. he certainly was thought of as a hot shot, (along with Pla) 3 or 4 years ago so I see his performances as starting to reinforce that image.

Maldonado's further progress may well depend on countryman Viso's chances though.

Other than that, i'm not too sure who's coming through from F3 other than Senna?
Old 19 May 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1614053)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Other than that, i'm not too sure who's coming through from F3 other than Senna?
we'll have to ask bella ..

how about the french duo .. Premat & Lappierre . how old are they ?
Premat is matching Hamilton usually in GP2 ..

Ciao Marco
Old 19 May 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1614159)   #9
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kovalainen and Hamilton would be my pick, but i think Rosberg would have the edge on them, in talent and now having a year's experience at least by the time either of them 2 get a seat.
Old 19 May 2006, 14:17 (Ref:1614244)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Premat is only matching Hamilton in GP2 despite extra experience. Lapierre is probably the better prospect, unless Lewis turns out to be a superstar.

Hamilton, Ammermuller, Senna and Kovalainen are probably the best of the next generation, but it can be hard to tell for the guys who haven't driven a contemporary F1 car yet.
Old 19 May 2006, 14:52 (Ref:1614266)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I thought Lapierre was looking promising (speed was there but suffered appalling reliability last year etc..) but he seems to be getting left behind a little so far this year and has been fairly unconvincing in his races so far.

People keeps raving about Rosberg, he's solid but the Wiiliams is a pretty driver friendly car to be making your debut in - and he hasn't exactly blown Webbo away has he.

For my money, Heikki is defo the better prospect of the two and one can only assume that if he had been the recipient of ART type set up wonders last year with Arden he would have won the GP2 title?

Renault/Flavio think he's the next ace after Alonso and i doubt they're far wrong...
Old 19 May 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1614328)   #12
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
For my money, Heikki is defo the better prospect of the two and one can only assume that if he had been the recipient of ART type set up wonders last year with Arden he would have won the GP2 title?
Yeah, ART took giant leap during summer break of GP2 last year, and they have continued same way this year.

Rosberg also got much advantage to Kovalainen by bonus points. (18 to 6)
Old 19 May 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1614365)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Lapierre is being eaten by Ammermuller, who's impressed me notably.

Ammermuller, Hamilton, Kubica and Kovalainen could well be in F1 as race or test drivers as early as next season.
Old 19 May 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1614377)   #14
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Seems that there is a wonderful generation knocking on the door of F1.

However, I think that Hamilton would be the next in line after Speed and Rosberg.
Old 19 May 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1614529)   #15
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give it 10 years and watch out for the talented young karter Oliver Rowland, reminds me much of Hamilton at the same age!
Old 19 May 2006, 22:52 (Ref:1614542)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm ive like Kovalainen since his Nissan Superfund days so im expecting and hoping for him to succeed....

Kubica seems a certainty to get a seat as well...

Hmilton looks good as well
Old 20 May 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1614709)   #17
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking further ahead than those already in F1 or about to be, this bloke is pretty handy: http://www.olioakes.co.uk/

Haven't seen him drive since he was very young but he's the reigning karting world champion and just won the first round of the BMW series.

and he has got the whole red bull thing going on... so there's 4 seats to choose from!
Old 20 May 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1614800)   #18
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hamilton definitely looks like the real deal -- I wish Sebastion Bourdais would be given a shot with a major player. He's such a gifted racing driver, I don't understand why he's not in F1.
Old 20 May 2006, 14:51 (Ref:1614893)   #19
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In GP2 this season I have been unconvinced by Premat, Lewis Hamilton has done a much better job IMO. The only problem is that he's incurred several penalties or downright exclusion for matters like speeding in the pitlane or not following safety car rules. Plus his starts in general have been below-par.

That said, his racing talent is there for us all to see. He is very fast and consistent too. I think he'll be the next new F1 star.
Old 20 May 2006, 14:52 (Ref:1614897)   #20
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, Heikki Kovalainen. He's not exactly racing so he counts doesn't he? ;-) He's looked very fast for Renault in testing. Obviously that isn't racing but he was impressive in GP2 last year too.
Old 20 May 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1614908)   #21
sonic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
Also, Heikki Kovalainen. He's not exactly racing so he counts doesn't he? ;-) He's looked very fast for Renault in testing. Obviously that isn't racing but he was impressive in GP2 last year too.
Oh well if we're counting paid F1 test drivers I'll have to include Davidson too then
Old 21 May 2006, 02:17 (Ref:1615310)   #22
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do people think of Piquet Jr?
Old 21 May 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1615435)   #23
sonic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
What do people think of Piquet Jr?
Well, the consensus seems to be that he thinks he is better than he really is.

I would be very suprised if he doesnt make it to F1 though. who he would drive for is another matter. Daddy seems bent on upseting all the team bosses before he gets there>>>

(suprised Piquet Motorsports wasn't an F1 entry for 08 actually!)
Old 21 May 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1615497)   #24
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Piquet Jnr is an arrogant ******** believe me! Disregarding that on his day he's a fantastic driver but when it isn't his day he's nowhere - certainly a driver who I think would struggle to perform consistently over a season and who would throw is teddies out of the pram at the first attempt - his dads taught him well!

I'm a massive follower of junior formulae and Kovalainen, Kubica and Hamilton should all get into F1 in the near future and should all do a superb job - out of the 3 Hamilton has the most to give I believe. He's just sensational and very consistent and professional.

Further down - Senna is showing much promise and again has won the first F3 race today - beyond that I've not yet seen anything outstanding this year in the junior formulae but its early days - plenty of potential kicking around.
Old 21 May 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1615538)   #25
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
Piquet Jnr is an arrogant ******** believe me! Disregarding that on his day he's a fantastic driver but when it isn't his day he's nowhere - certainly a driver who I think would struggle to perform consistently over a season and who would throw is teddies out of the pram at the first attempt - his dads taught him well!

I'm a massive follower of junior formulae and Kovalainen, Kubica and Hamilton should all get into F1 in the near future and should all do a superb job - out of the 3 Hamilton has the most to give I believe. He's just sensational and very consistent and professional.

Further down - Senna is showing much promise and again has won the first F3 race today - beyond that I've not yet seen anything outstanding this year in the junior formulae but its early days - plenty of potential kicking around.
Sounds like his father then (by all accounts).