Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 Jun 2012, 21:56 (Ref:3087177)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythoughtsareracing View Post
I don't know how much Lotus has helped HVM financially or materially. I would expect that there is some involvement there.

Keith Wiggins has some very strong ties to Lotus. Because of those ties, it's unlikely to see HVM drop Lotus mid-season.
I know about his connection with Lola but I wasn't aware he had a connection with Lotus.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3087194)   #52
HaydenFan
Racer

HaydenFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I know about his connection with Lola but I wasn't aware he had a connection with Lotus.
I was wondering that too.

He did merge with the original Lotus F1 team with his Pacific GP team when the team folded.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns00008.html
Old 8 Jun 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3087483)   #53
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
With RLR seeming unlikely to run a second car for Luca Filippi, there is a spare Honda engine deal going, I suppose.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3087486)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now Danny Bahar has been sacked, I suppose the whole Lotus thing is up in the air?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100172
Old 8 Jun 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3087563)   #55
HaydenFan
Racer

HaydenFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Now Danny Bahar has been sacked, I suppose the whole Lotus thing is up in the air?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100172
With only one car on the grid, and not the best car to begin with, makes you wonder unless they can get a big team onboard (which they probably can't), how long this program will last. They will finish the year, but for how long will Lotus spend on continued development?
Old 9 Jun 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3087986)   #56
wills
Racer

wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the writing is well and truly written on the wall for Lotus. I just hope that someone else can fund Judd to develop the engine for next year(as this year is a lost cause) or that the engine can be developed to be used in another series (sportscars?).
Old 9 Jun 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3088027)   #57
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wills View Post
I think the writing is well and truly written on the wall for Lotus. I just hope that someone else can fund Judd to develop the engine for next year(as this year is a lost cause) or that the engine can be developed to be used in another series (sportscars?).
How about Volkswagen... They could help Judd on developing their engine.

Although they might take over Judd since they have the experience on single-seaters with their engine.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3100210)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Lotus engine updates.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100778
Old 30 Jun 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3100218)   #59
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the new engine works, Lotus should collect all the money they can muster and get the Shank car with a "name" driver on the grid to show the potential. Pronto. Or they will be even more irrelevant in the series.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3111714)   #60
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like they are going to put this dog down at the end of the season, which is no surprise:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...he-end-of-2012
Old 26 Jul 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3111719)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Looks like they are going to put this dog down at the end of the season, which is no surprise:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...he-end-of-2012
The whole Lotus thing has been a farce from the beginning, so it was only a matter of time.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 08:54 (Ref:3111976)   #62
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, there goes Lotus...

Maybe Volkswagen could join in for next year!
Old 27 Jul 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3112110)   #63
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post

Yep, should provide excellent marketing for manufacturers like Volkswagen with 0.3 ratings and 30k in the stands most weekends.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3112154)   #64
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post

Nope it's going to be Hyundai and they are bringing $120 million to the party with major activation of marketing activities.

Old 27 Jul 2012, 15:09 (Ref:3112184)   #65
MagVanisher
Veteran

Hyundai? No thank you! I think they should stick to NASCAR... if there's an American plant churning out their cars, that is!

On the other hand, if Volkswagen can emulate their near-monopoly of F3, I think they'll be better in IndyCar for next year!
Old 30 Jul 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3113697)   #66
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Nice to see that the annual "Volkswagen to F1" rumor can be supplemented by a "Volkswagen to IndyCar" rumor.

Personally, I would be delighted if they resurrected Formula Super Vee, but associating themselves with IndyCar at this point just is not going to happen.

Of course, there is always Tata Motors. I can see it now: "Tata and IndyCar - Think Small."
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3113769)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I've heard and read nothing about a replacement for Lotus, so I'm assuming it's just Chevy and Honda next year.