Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Dec 2016, 23:14 (Ref:3696256)   #76
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
16 km isn't a "long way out of town" though is it? Greater Western Sydney area contains approximately 9% of Australia’s population, and over 44% of Sydney’s population, and Eastern Creek is right in the middle of all of that, so I'm not sure why I need to show you accommodation or restaurants?

But by your definitions, street races are held to attract out of town tourists, seems extravagant considering the Newcastle event is (aggressively and optimistically) hoping for around 16,000 per year... Although with V8Supercars history of crowd counting, that is more likely to be 5000 people counted three times for each day they attend...
first it will 16000 times 3 days or 48,000 attendance (many who will buy a 3 day ticket and attend on at least two of them)

The demographics is not important. Street races are about being near a public transport hub, an accomodation hub, and an eating hub. this is what all street races aim to achieve. Its how they attract the people
Which is different to a permannent circuit which really have to aim for the opposite and provide parking as its needs massive bits of land to provide the circuit

You need to show me the accomodation because when I and 15,999 other people attend i need some where to stay and eat close to the track prefearbly.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3696261)   #77
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Google Rooty Hill and Blacktown, plenty of places to stay that will utilise the park n Ride feature of Eastern Creek. I look forward to seeing you at Sydneys most popular motorsport facility.
Old 14 Dec 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3696268)   #78
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Google Rooty Hill and Blacktown, plenty of places to stay that will utilise the park n Ride feature of Eastern Creek. I look forward to seeing you at Sydneys most popular motorsport facility.
Ive been to SMP, although it was called EC at the time

Really you are throwing towns at me that are 10kms away. Google SMP and check its places to stay info, 4 hotels within 3 kms

Google Newcastle and see the equivlent, within and along the circuit fringe. google all the restaurants within walking distance from the track. It amazing and will bring people to stay in those places, place will be packed with 16000 visitors

Im not bashing SMP, just explaing the key difference between Street races and permanent tracks
Old 15 Dec 2016, 00:22 (Ref:3696276)   #79
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Alpha Hotel (at Tekno sponsor) is actually within walking distance of the Ferrers Rd roundabout entry gates at Eastern Creek...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Dec 2016, 00:40 (Ref:3696281)   #80
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The Alpha Hotel (at Tekno sponsor) is actually within walking distance of the Ferrers Rd roundabout entry gates at Eastern Creek...
yep, its on the SMP website as 1 of the 3 hotels within 3kms, Holds about 200 people. Awesome, oh and Tekno have booked out a big chunk of the hotel. the great for the 16000 visitors that newcastle are hoping for.

And thats why we have street races close to the CBD

Newcastle has at least ten hotels within the track and another 10 within 1 km and lets not get started on the waterfront restaurants and the ones within the track
Old 15 Dec 2016, 00:48 (Ref:3696282)   #81
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I wonder if they can get a cruise ship to do a trip for the event
Old 15 Dec 2016, 01:08 (Ref:3696285)   #82
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
yep, its on the SMP website as 1 of the 3 hotels within 3kms, Holds about 200 people. Awesome, oh and Tekno have booked out a big chunk of the hotel. the great for the 16000 visitors that newcastle are hoping for.

Newcastle has at least ten hotels within the track and another 10 within 1 km and lets not get started on the waterfront restaurants and the ones within the track
200 people is enough space for the 3 men and the dog that go to Eastern Creek events
Old 15 Dec 2016, 01:40 (Ref:3696291)   #83
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So? Not sure your point. Parramatta is 16kms away

Please stop trying to convince me that SMP is right in the town, its out of town for a reason. Thats not to insult it its just the key difference between a street race and a permanent track
What is your definition of town?

Was the Sydney 500 in Homebush in town?
Old 15 Dec 2016, 02:00 (Ref:3696295)   #84
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
What is your definition of town?

Was the Sydney 500 in Homebush in town?
I will let you define it by where most street races are held, if it helps i defined it in my first post in this discusion

But probably homebush isnt. Thus the event didnt consume Sydney like most street races seem to do. however i never went, so i dont know that for sure.

But i hope to go to newcastle. Its on a better weekend for me
Old 15 Dec 2016, 02:17 (Ref:3696297)   #85
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if its anything like other street venues (which i expect it will be), it will include free public transport if you have a ticket
Great. Don't know how that solves the problem of parking and public transport to the Newcastle CBD?

One area they could consider if they want to run buses that far would some of the old carparks near the former BHP site along Industrial Drive at East Mayfield. Needs work but plenty of room there.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 02:55 (Ref:3696305)   #86
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

And try and book accommodation at any of those within walking distance Pecky.
Even before they announced the date they were not available.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 05:01 (Ref:3696318)   #87
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
And try and book accommodation at any of those within walking distance Pecky.
Even before they announced the date they were not available.
I understand nearly all of the accommodation in central Newcastle has been reserved for the teams and Supercars.The biggest problem this circuit will have is access.It will be much worse than any other street circuit in Australia.The park and ride system will mean you need to allow a minimum of 90 minutes to get in or out.Not much of a prospect for a casual fan or corporate.
Save your money and time and go to Albert Park to see what a street race should be.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 06:36 (Ref:3696325)   #88
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Save your money and time and go to Albert Park to see what a street race should be.
You can forget just how good a street circuit Albert Park is..
What a great place for a race..
Old 15 Dec 2016, 09:04 (Ref:3696350)   #89
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a virtual reality lap of the track at the Facebook page of local tech company VRXP from Dec 13. Doesn't inspire value for GA fans if you look at the surrounding areas.

https://www.facebook.com/vrxponline/
Old 15 Dec 2016, 09:27 (Ref:3696356)   #90
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You can forget just how good a street circuit Albert Park is..
What a great place for a race..
Street circuit?

My pet peeve. As a traditionalist Albert Park is a public road course - think Le Mans. Monaco is a street circuit.

There is a subtle difference. 😀
Old 15 Dec 2016, 12:26 (Ref:3696389)   #91
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
There's a virtual reality lap of the track at the Facebook page of local tech company VRXP from Dec 13. Doesn't inspire value for GA fans if you look at the surrounding areas.

https://www.facebook.com/vrxponline/
Don't think I agree with you. Plenty of areas where GA could have room - particularly along Newcastle Beach, all the area around Nobbys and along the foreshore. None of us will know until the final detailed info is provided but personally I see plenty of opportunity for good GA spots.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 21:45 (Ref:3696517)   #92
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Yeah I hear your point on that Tourer, but for the most the more interesting and technical parts of the track (anything past Turn 1 to Nobbys Road) is surrounded by large buildings or residential housing where spectating will be limited. Reminds me of Hamilton in some respects.
Old 16 Dec 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3696553)   #93
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heading up Watt Street and crossing all those intersections could be like the chase in Bullitt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 16 Dec 2016, 05:27 (Ref:3696578)   #94
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah I hear your point on that Tourer, but for the most the more interesting and technical parts of the track (anything past Turn 1 to Nobbys Road) is surrounded by large buildings or residential housing where spectating will be limited. Reminds me of Hamilton in some respects.
First priority for the good viewing spots would be the Grandstands i would assume?
Old 2 Feb 2017, 02:45 (Ref:3708549)   #95
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Newcastle Residents Complaining About VESA Event

Old 2 Feb 2017, 03:01 (Ref:3708553)   #96
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah wow.

Bring some excitement to the joint, and people whinge.

Old 2 Feb 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3708577)   #97
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just NIMBY ism. Love the false equivalence arguments though, using extrapolated dB values and claiming the loudness in people's homes will be the same as 5m away from the cars.

It's the same argument, if yilou owned a Cafe, restaurant or hotel you would be all for it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Feb 2017, 05:34 (Ref:3708580)   #98
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I live in the same area as these people they're a minority they're moronic
Old 2 Feb 2017, 23:38 (Ref:3708879)   #99
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
I live in the same area as these people they're a minority they're moronic
And yet they were surprisingly slow in grieving their predictable complaints... Maybe they were too busy celebrating the win in getting the hillclimb finally banished???
Old 3 Feb 2017, 04:49 (Ref:3708935)   #100
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
And yet they were surprisingly slow in grieving their predictable complaints... Maybe they were too busy celebrating the win in getting the hillclimb finally banished???
There the people holding back our great city of Newcastle every time we get a big event with huge tourism exposure these bloody snobs kick and scream about it "ruining there day" hopefully this time these whining cowards don't get there way, the minority should not be speaking for the majority!! Everything they right and speak is equated to **** poor vomit inducing drivel they're an absolute disgrace