Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Mar 2017, 05:04 (Ref:3721060)   #126
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be surprised if Nick does goes out again this weekend, or at least not until tomorrow. The rear suspension will surely have to be rebuilt at least. Nick looked pretty shaken as well.

In any case I think both he and Holdsworth are both pretty fortunate, that was about a door length away from being a horrific t-bone.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 05:06 (Ref:3721061)   #127
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Speedcafe Percat is unscathed, though he suffocated somewhat on petrol fumes that entered the car. Apparently it is unlikely that the car will return to the track.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 05:15 (Ref:3721062)   #128
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Charlie said his car will most probably out till Sunday, it has twisted rails
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 24 Mar 2017, 05:27 (Ref:3721063)   #129
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly there's little to gain by the mechanics working all nighters for this event. The data gained here isn't critically relevant either.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3721064)   #130
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Holdsworth Commodore to undergo off-site repairs

Maybe Sunday
Old 24 Mar 2017, 07:05 (Ref:3721071)   #131
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More big damage this time for Gis and moffat.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3721072)   #132
Ospi
Veteran

Interesting comments from Dane regarding the Penske wealth and hoping it isn't the determining factor in success, little rich I would have thought.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 07:36 (Ref:3721076)   #133
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Penske's wealth is far greater than what many perceive Mr Dane has.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 08:10 (Ref:3721080)   #134
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
If you tune that thinking a little, perhaps the juice in the story is a sleight on Mr Penske spending his/his company's money on racing, while Mr Dane generally finds commercial sponsor money to operate.. it is a HUGE difference...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Mar 2017, 08:31 (Ref:3721084)   #135
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If you tune that thinking a little, perhaps the juice in the story is a sleight on Mr Penske spending his/his company's money on racing, while Mr Dane generally finds commercial sponsor money to operate.. it is a HUGE difference...
Possibly, but Penske never enters anything without going all out to win. And he would be looking at the bigger picture that increased success will bring in more sponsorship dollars.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 09:00 (Ref:3721088)   #136
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only a fool goes motor racing with his own money.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3721096)   #137
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Interesting comments from Dane regarding the Penske wealth and hoping it isn't the determining factor in success, little rich I would have thought.
that's a bit strange from a bloke who came in a brought everything.
Ooh I have a challenger , better let of some media crap to deflect the way I did it.

10 pound pom, probably got 5 dollar wife from the Pacific.
Sorry Roland, Roger has a bit more nonce than you

Do you need a taxi to Heathrow , there sir,
Old 24 Mar 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3721097)   #138
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Dane arrived here and built(re pillaged everything he could) nothing against that, good business skills, but *****ing and whingeing for years, he now has serious competitor.

Ooh poor Roland, can't shun Penske away easily as PRA.

suck it up or p off to the homeland.
10 pound tourist
Old 24 Mar 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3721101)   #139
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stuck Throttle For SdS
Old 24 Mar 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3721103)   #140
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Only a fool goes motor racing with his own money.
You might discover the income from the brand headlining on #12 and #17 might actually be less than the one on the rear wing of those cars..
Old 24 Mar 2017, 10:20 (Ref:3721106)   #141
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
So was the Mostert/ SVG incident , any different to Whincup/witerbottom

or have they moved the goal post

haven't seen any footage ??????

From Supercars web site

Totally agree.. Gis even said in the interview he seen Chaz pull out for the move and thought his too far back so I turned in" didn't leave any room whatsoever.

Last edited by fomoco; 24 Mar 2017 at 10:23. Reason: add
Old 24 Mar 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3721107)   #142
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
that's a bit strange from a bloke who came in a brought everything. Ooh I have a challenger , better let of some media crap to deflect the way I did it.
Roland Dane bought Briggs Motorsport in 2003.

In 2003, Max Wilson finished 17th in the series and Dean Canto 24th.

In 2004, Roland's first full year, Paul Radisich finished 19th, and Max Wilson 28th.

in 2005, Campbell Little and Craig Lowndes joined forces to finish 2nd, losing to Rick Kelly in the controversial Philip Island happenings.

Other than Lowndes, most everybody at 888RE has been a home grown talent, and from 2007 the team really hit its straps, with Lowndes, and Jamie Whincup, who had been case off by GRM.

You really can't in all seriousness say Dane "bought" anything. Surely it costs money to go racing - but Dane put the best people in the best roles, and got the best out of them. With Vodafone and Red Bull, 888 put together the best sponsorship packages ever seen in V8Supercars, by anybody.

Apart from hating on a winner, I can't see how anybody can begrudge 888 the success that they earnt.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3721112)   #143
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Roland Dane bought Briggs Motorsport in 2003.

In 2004, Roland's first full year, Paul Radisich finished 19th, and Max Wilson 28th.

in 2005, Campbell Little and Craig Lowndes joined forces to finish 2nd, losing to Rick Kelly in the controversial Philip Island happenings.

Other than Lowndes, most everybody at 888RE has been a home grown talent, and from 2007 the team really hit its straps, with Lowndes, and Jamie Whincup, who had been case off by GRM.

You really can't in all seriousness say Dane "bought" anything. Surely it costs money to go racing - but Dane put the best people in the best roles, and got the best out of them. With Vodafone and Red Bull, 888 put together the best sponsorship packages ever seen in V8Supercars, by anybody.

Apart from hating on a winner, I can't see how anybody can begrudge 888 the success that they earnt.
Mixer you didn't read it .
I have nothing against T888 and their success. But Roland, has a tendency to whinge.
Now he has serious competition, what does he do
Whinge.
geez Louise

and this years redbull cars, aren't the most pleasant looking, preferred last years look.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3721115)   #144
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
that's a bit strange from a bloke who came in a brought everything. Ooh I have a challenger , better let of some media crap to deflect the way I did it.
This is your quote which you're now trying to distance yourself from.

Quote:
10 pound pom, probably got 5 dollar wife from the Pacific. Sorry Roland, Roger has a bit more nonce than you
And this is an ad hominem attack.

Roland has single handedly smashed this series open. His team has won every 7 out of the last 9 drivers championships, and his cars have won 8 of them. His professionalism and ability to get premium sponsorships have put previously great teams in the shade.

Your argument just does not hold water, mate.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3721116)   #145
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
that's a bit strange from a bloke who came in a brought everything.
Ooh I have a challenger , better let of some media crap to deflect the way I did it.

10 pound pom, probably got 5 dollar wife from the Pacific.
Sorry Roland, Roger has a bit more nonce than you

Do you need a taxi to Heathrow , there sir,
Never a Pom he WAS Irish but is now Australian sorry he is one of you but was never one of us!
Old 24 Mar 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3721122)   #146
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
So was the Mostert/ SVG incident , any different to Whincup/witerbottom

or have they moved the goal post

haven't seen any footage ??????

From Supercars web site

Totally agree.. Gis even said in the interview he seen Chaz pull out for the move and thought his too far back so I turned in" didn't leave any room whatsoever.
I didnt think Chaz was down the inside enough this time, I felt whincup was. That's my opinion as a Ford fan.

Moff was ona weird line which didnt help things
Old 24 Mar 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3721130)   #147
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mr Dane hasn't been married for about 20 years.

Mr Penske has effectively come into the series the same way. Bought into an established team, and built things up from there.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3721136)   #148
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Never a Pom he WAS Irish but is now Australian sorry he is one of you but was never one of us!
Being Irish means that he was a Pom - the term can include anyone from those islands.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:44 (Ref:3721150)   #149
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Semantics really, I agree with everything you writing with regards to Dane, but Wilson drove for DJR in 2003, Radisich was driving for Briggs alongside Canto.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3721152)   #150
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Semantics really, I agree with everything you writing with regards to Dane, but Wilson drove for DJR in 2003, Radisich was driving for Briggs alongside Canto.
I stand corrected, and The Rat finished 10th that year.