Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Mar 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3717595)   #1
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AASA expands to New Zealand

Word suggests that AASA is set to arrive in New Zealand in a move that will likely rock the establishment.

It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out!
Old 12 Mar 2017, 05:42 (Ref:3718120)   #2
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Word suggests that AASA is set to arrive in New Zealand in a move that will likely rock the establishment.

It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out!
>

It may well rock the establishment.
If it is in its true form, AASA original plan was to make motorsport affordable, lower cost to go racing.

One of the big things was the fees charged by the authorized ASN , in Aust that is CAMS.

Look up Cams Aust to see the fees.
http://docs.cams.com.au/Corporate/Ad...pendix%20R%20-
%202017.pdf

AASA :
https://aasa.com.au/

So if you note some key differences in costs, then that's why AASA came about. Also, if you have regularly check Aust motosport web sites, you will see an on going friction between CAMS and AASA .
And some categories, especially since CAMS announced dropping numerous categories from national status:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/11/11/...mpetitor-fine/

I don't have a problem with either organisation , just want the best for motorsport
Old 14 Mar 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3718520)   #3
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One wonders how a clause like that is even legal.

I guess non-profits might be exempt from colluding, being anti-competitive, and artificially restraining trade!
Old 15 Mar 2017, 01:38 (Ref:3718693)   #4
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if it is still the case, but NZ was a different place - no regulated insurance and a a body that regulates and administers the sport rules on behalf of the FIA (yes, don't go there... )

What is the AASA aim? (Not going to deny there was a valid argument in Australia for their forming.)
Old 17 Mar 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3719308)   #5
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABWOA View Post
I don't know if it is still the case, but NZ was a different place - no regulated insurance and a a body that regulates and administers the sport rules on behalf of the FIA (yes, don't go there... )

What is the AASA aim? (Not going to deny there was a valid argument in Australia for their forming.)

I believe it was to do with the continue rising of fees.
And AASA said you can still race but, at a lower cost
re schedule of fees.

Also, FIA says these are the regs for a track, yet , even in Aust, and else where , some tracks to host sanctioned events do not comply with FIA rules and one track springs to mind , Bathurst !!!!!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3719318)   #6
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What FIA rules does Bathurst not comply with? As far as I can see both the 1000 and 12hr would need to comply with all FIA regulations.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Mar 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3719327)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Also, FIA says these are the regs for a track, yet , even in Aust, and else where , some tracks to host sanctioned events do not comply with FIA rules and one track springs to mind , Bathurst !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
What FIA rules does Bathurst not comply with? As far as I can see both the 1000 and 12hr would need to comply with all FIA regulations.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The FIA does not and never has had track regulations. What it has are track guidelines (or a code) and experienced, qualified inspectors and a risk assessment system that allows those qualified inspectors to assess risk and permit tracks that might not comply with every last part of the guidelines or code. That is OK though as the guidelines are just that - a guide, not absolutes.

Bathurst does not meet the minimum track width guideline in parts coming down off the mountain, but the land is not there behind the walls to physically widen the track and the improvements in various items of safety assist the risk assessment.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 03:00 (Ref:3720335)   #8
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Bathurst does not meet the minimum track width guideline in parts coming down off the mountain, but the land is not there behind the walls to physically widen the track and the improvements in various items of safety assist the risk assessment.

100% correct.

To put it another way, if you were to build Bathurst from scratch now, would you be able to build it exactly the way it is?
Old 21 Mar 2017, 03:08 (Ref:3720337)   #9
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Huh?
Old 21 Mar 2017, 23:14 (Ref:3720498)   #10
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
100% correct.

To put it another way, if you were to build Bathurst from scratch now, would you be able to build it exactly the way it is?
And that's the tragedy today, a lot of the great tracks wouldn't be allowed to be built today (Monaco - just everything.... Brazil - too short)
Old 22 Mar 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3720507)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Huh?
The track can't get any wider in places down off the top of the mountain - the walls are as far out as they can go. But improvements in the walls, protection, surface etc have all been made so that the risks are managed and the track can keep the FIA track licence.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3720592)   #12
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The track can't get any wider in places down off the top of the mountain - the walls are as far out as they can go. But improvements in the walls, protection, surface etc have all been made so that the risks are managed and the track can keep the FIA track licence.
Huh??

Give me a pick and shovel and some time and I'll make some room behind the concrete barriers all the way down to the Elbow
Old 22 Mar 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3720627)   #13
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
AASA expands to New Zealand

Nah - there's one bit in particular where the ground drops away really steeply behind the barriers. It'd take some major construction to address it.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3721967)   #14
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whoa, just remembered my previous - GTR, can you delete that new login I just created please - sorry

it is good to see that Bruce Robbo is still rocking the boat where-ever he goes, does sanctioning in NZ need a shake-up, are they governed with a body as so anti-motorsport as CAMS, or is AASA just looking to expand their customer base?
Old 27 Mar 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3721972)   #15
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Those on my Left!

Quote:
Nah - there's one bit in particular where the ground drops away really steeply behind the barriers. It'd take some major construction to address it.
I won't say Huh? again, but are you on the same side of the track as me? Drivers Right!
Old 28 Mar 2017, 01:37 (Ref:3722013)   #16
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
I won't say Huh? again, but are you on the same side of the track as me? Drivers Right!
Jeez it's a loooong time since I've stood and looked over the back of the wall but I think so, as you drop down from Skyline into the esses, I think at either turn 12 or 13, on drivers right there is the slope I mention and drivers left is similar.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 08:54 (Ref:3722093)   #17
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jeez it's a loooong time since I've stood and looked over the back of the wall but I think so, as you drop down from Skyline into the esses, I think at either turn 12 or 13, on drivers right there is the slope I mention and drivers left is similar.
Drivers right immediately at the apex of the Dipper for the next 50m or so up to the right hand kink that SVG clipped at the 12Hr. You can even see it a bit in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-RGsNxH0vA
Old 28 Mar 2017, 09:06 (Ref:3722101)   #18
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some new tracks don't even meet the minimum track widths in places (Baku)
Old 28 Mar 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3722134)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
bit of kerfuffle going on today between CAMS and AASA regarding tarmac rallys and the denyer incident
Old 28 Mar 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3722260)   #20
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruce Robertson, former BAC President is heading up AASA now-days, and he is not shy about climbing into CAMS publicly at every chance, they wouldn't be liking that, so maybe this is a little bit of 'pay-back', Bruce likes to pick fights he thinks he can win
Old 28 Mar 2017, 21:58 (Ref:3722281)   #21
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
bit of kerfuffle going on today between CAMS and AASA regarding tarmac rallys and the denyer incident
More than ever this is about self-interest and point scoring, which is something that a body like CAMS just shouldn't be getting itself into.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3722295)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
woops CAMS playing foot in mouth

Course car at centre of AGP crowd invasion probe
Old 29 Mar 2017, 03:13 (Ref:3722330)   #23
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
woops CAMS playing foot in mouth

Course car at centre of AGP crowd invasion probe
Nice, trying to deflect attention by highlighting the tarmac rally.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 04:57 (Ref:3722339)   #24
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Well...its been fun Guys! But fun is finite...

Last word...lots of air on Drivers left from Skyline to the Elbow.

Drivers right? lots of lovely clear space and some rock in places...same on the other side at the cutting (say). The Cutting could widened inside the track

OK so...to hurry things up, give me a hole borer, some jelly and a decent shot firer!
Old 29 Mar 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3722417)   #25
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And even further destroy the essence of what makes Bathurst what it is 275. Turning it just another bland modern runoff filled carpark.